Stutter (and really low fps) - again! But only in VR

TED

So i have been scratching my head and my keyboard for days now trying to solve this. I have been through just about every thread on here and tried pretty much every suggestion and still no luck. I am using dcs only in VR with the rift s. At any settings from low to high the stutter is exactly the same and the fps really low. Down to about 20fps when sitting on the runway then up to a max of 40 at altitude, but often dipping well below.

Mt GPU and CPU are operating at very low percentages and i have 32gb RAM which does now seem to be overloaded at all. I know oculus uses ASW that should cap it at 40-45 and its not possible to turn this off, but 20 seems way too low.

As a quick check i ran it today without the rift attached and at pretty much max settings and had no problem keeping 80-100fps and zero stuttering or any issues at all.

Throw the rift on and there it is - 20 fps and stuttering away.

What is going on with the VR where it seems like there is no obvious bottleneck? What am i missing in the oculus settings or PC settings that is causing this huge degradation in performance as soon as the VR is attached?

So you did have good 45 fps frames before...?

New antivirus software?

Updated drivers lately or problem with a driver?

Best to attach your dcs.log and tell us your system specs and what antivirus you have. Add DCS to it anyway.

Also try deleting the contents of fxo and metashaders2 folders in.

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Saved Games\DCS beta etc.

They will rebuild themselves when you launch, takes a little longer to load.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Ok - so it seems this is A10C specific. I did a few teaks to my system - in Nividia panel i bumped up AA there and down in game, then loaded up the SU33 with all settings to max. Totally smooth and never dropped from 40fps in the rift s.