Bug submission form - please read before posting

IronMike

Hi all, since we get a lot of "two lined bug reports", I thought to put together a bug report form, that you can just copy and paste and fill out.

Please note, when I say two lined, none of these have just two lines and they are appreciated just as much as any other bug report.

Some standardized guidelines help us figure out the issue quicker and save you time as well though. If you don't want to use the form below, please don't. In no way do we think that it is your job to help us fix bugs. In our opinion your job is to enjoy yourselves flying the module. But, if you would be so kind, it would be highly appreciated of course. All of you have been tremendously helpful so far, this is just me trying to help you to help us to help you, or so, I guess. Thank you! :)

Bug submit form, "ExampleBug":

---

Bug: X not working, when Y is engaged.

Can I reproduce it 100%: yes/no (strictly 100% yes or no)

If not 100%, how often out of 10: 9/10 (if you have to please take an educated guess)

How to reproduce/ description:

Step1: Engage Y

Step2: Press X.

Step 3: Restart the mission, do not press Y and press X again.

Result: If Y is engaged, X is not working although it should. If Y is not engaged, X is working as intended however.

^^OFC please add more steps if you have to. The more detailed your step by step description is also describing each step involved, the better. That said: you can keep it short and on point, very flowery and varnished descriptions might be a nice read, but quick precise bulletpoints are best and more helpful imo.

DCS Version: OpenBeta 2.5.5.XXX

System Specs:

CPU 9999X blablacore(*)

GPU Kickbutt 4000GI, 12GB RAM(*)

32GB RAM

SSD Emo 123(*)

Peripherals:

Joystick: Gustmaster Warplug 300(*)

Throttle: Vinyl Speedo 9000(*)

Pedals: Cryhack Precision Cranks(*)

Others: Clickedyclick MFDs and Squeektech Radio Panel(*)

Headtracker: snackIR/ freesnack or VR headset Shift S or none(*)

Mission File: see attachment (or name existing HB mission)

Log: please attach if you have.

Track: the biggest help, and although broken, please attach, especially ofc if not broken. tracks help us most together with the mission file.

Video/ Screenshots: see link, attached scrnshot etc.

Mods: I do not use any mods. (Please note, bug reports in combination with mods have to be dismissed, but might still help the modder to fix the issue on his side, or for us to make the mod work with the module or vice versa if time permits, but in general we cannot guarantee the module to work with mods)

---

If you like, please copy and paste above form between the --- dashes and fill out the non bold parts. Thank you!

If you fill out any of these or as much as you can you help us a lot comprehending the issue quickly and understanding its surroundings, so we can figure out faster what could be the cause. Thank you so much again for helping us!

(*) obviously I tried avoiding product placement, but just in case: none of the listed "brands" exist ofc and are not meant as a suggestion in case you might suspect similarity, which would be purely coincidental. :)

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/