DCS MULTIPLAYER IN CHINA

BusPilot

Hi Guys,

I recently moved to china and I'm suffering a lot to find severs to play online, I need always to use VPN to enter in any server and this cause a severe lag. I saw a old post here saying that DCS world is not blocked in china, but as far as I seen, it is. Someone can help me with this?

If you can access digitalcombatsimulator.com and login in DCS World with out a VPN, then it's not blocked. But the connection to master server is not good in China. 350+ PING or 30%+ packloss will definitely lead to a timeout error.

If you can login but the server list is empty, you'd better enter the server directly with ip address.

You may find them here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/server/

Edited by billeinstein

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you for the information! I do can acess the site and the game directly, but the server is always empty without the vpn. If I can log directly trought IP I receive the message: server is offline. It just work with the VPN. And the connection is terrible with this. Any thoughts?

My friend in China has no issue in connecting to MP servers with or without VPN, though he does use VPN sometime mainly for some overseas servers for better latency.

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

Perhaps you need some monthly paid Game Accelerator. These software work like VPN, but just for game network acceleration only. You may search some and try if they are suitable for DCS in China.

For me, I use https://www.lonlife.pro/ for game update (this doesn't help sever connection in China) and https://www.qiyou.cn/ for gameplay (this has 600k download speed limit). You may seek advice from communities.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm using a china telecom link, with 1000mbs, even with this link, the latency is 260ms in the best servers, many stay above 350 ms... and always using VPN. I can log without the vpn, but to see the server list, or to connect via ip, I need the VPN. I dont know if there is something to do.

Bandwidth and Latency are two totally different things...

Just saying...

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

Base latency did nothing with bandwidth.

Base latency is just physical distance / light speed in fiber, plus 10~40 routers processing time, plus bufferboat and qos buffer time.

BTW China did not have such thing called "net neutrality".

By avg, per user global internet access is less than 0.05mbps ( cnnic research). Thus plus notorious gfw, nasty laws, China ISP companies did not accept any public peering, sell international access ip trans 1000x more expensive, to those big ass international company that can afford.because of this for home users, In most China ISP throttle policy, home internet access to offshore internet ranked in lowest tier.

Or pay 10000(yuan) or 2000$ per Mbps per month for dedicated international internet access. Or cheap chinese gaming VPN(aka accelerator) which basically is reselling their high tier business internet plan, technically it's illegal and require license( almost impossible to obtain ), but it's China anyway ppl find their own way to do business regardless, and it may act as honey pot sniff all of your traffic for "reasons"

In short get your ass out that place asap.

Edited by Insonia

Thank you for clarification Insonia. I tought that a large bandwidth is followed by a good latency, but as we see, this is not true, specially in china. Leave china is not an option in the table. Unfortunately I will have to change my games for the ones allowed to play here. I do love DCS, but there is a lot of thinks in the stake here. In the end, is just a game. Thank you for the explanations!

Try to use 4G/5G mobile network and see if that helps. Some issue might resides at your local nodes.

Afaik, DCS does have a lot of players in China, my friend being one of them. It shouldn’t be that bad...

Btw, I know how sad and annoying could it be that the situation denies your access to your beloved hobby and you just can’t find a way to really make it work. I use to be a serious WOW player from its very first release in 2005. In 2008, I was sent to Indonesia for nearly 3 months. I went nuts in the first week desperately trying to find a working VPN solution, spent hundreds of bucks, but none really works... In the second month, I finally gave up. My serious WoW journey therefore terminated there... Even today, I can still feel that desperation when I recall that part of my memory. I laugh at myself while also cherish about it.

PG, NTTR

Hi, if you pay for an game accelerator, about 10 yuan/ month. You will be fine. I recommend you check out QiYou (奇游加速器) It can accelerate DCS for EU and US servers. My friends are using it to play on BuddySpike Blue flag. It works just fantastic. You will have a ping about 150ms. But DCS pvp is pretty slow paced. As long as there’s no package loss, ping up to 300 ms should work just fine.

Try to use 4G/5G mobile network and see if that helps. Some issue might resides at your local nodes.

Afaik, DCS does have a lot of players in China, my friend being one of them. It shouldn’t be that bad...

Btw, I know how sad and annoying could it be that the situation denies your access to your beloved hobby and you just can’t find a way to really make it work. I use to be a serious WOW player from its very first release in 2005. In 2008, I was sent to Indonesia for nearly 3 months. I went nuts in the first week desperately trying to find a working VPN solution, spent hundreds of bucks, but none really works... In the second month, I finally gave up. My serious WoW journey therefore terminated there... Even today, I can still feel that desperation when I recall that part of my memory. I laugh at myself while also cherish about it.

The feeling is pretty much this. Has been a couple months that I moved to china, I started to change all my set-up to fly here, bought the alienware area 51m, i9 9900k, rtx 2080, desk mounts, VKB rudder pedals, Track Ir. MFD Cougar. Everything is ready, except the fact that I can't play on DDCS and Blueflag, or growling sidewinder anymore. And the idea is to stay here for long years. I tried the Qiyou, ping of 280ms on growling, sometimes it works, sometimes it dont. I will try the 4G and see if it is better. Thanks everbody by the help!

• 1 year later...