[PvE]/[PvP] - Operation Barbagrigia

Hi Leonardo,

I was trying to make this mission a little less demanding for my pc, as it is struggling to keep up at some points.

Is it possible to for instance remove capture point Gamma and all of its related moving units in the ME?

I tried to just remove the red and blue moving units, but this broke the mission :P

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hi Leonardo,

I was trying to make this mission a little less demanding for my pc, as it is struggling to keep up at some points.

Is it possible to for instance remove capture point Gamma and all of its related moving units in the ME?

I tried to just remove the red and blue moving units, but this broke the mission :P

No, you can't do that, it'll break the mission script as you experienced.

I'm thinking of a "quick win" to reduce load without needing to touch the scripts...

yes, what you can do is to reduce the number of AI aircraft.

Try reducing every AI flight from 2 aircraft to 1.

E.g. get BLUE AI CAP F-4 GG and make them a flight of 1 unit.

apply the same to every AI unit, they're easy to find because they all start in the air.

it should not break the script. ;)

• 1 month later...
Custom AFAC implementation:

Red coalition can launch an L-39 that on player’s request will illuminate a target.

Blue coalition has a C-101CC (mocking an A-37) that will run in and launch WP rockets.

Interaction with the AFAC is through F10 menu commands.

thanks for the video!

so is the GLAZ BRA reports for ground targets? I haven't seen GLAZ before.

looks like a lot of fun!

Edited by solidGad

• 1 year later...
17 hours ago, Miles Vorkosigan said:

@leonardo_ccan you share with me your lua code for infantry around the dropped pilot for CSAR? 

in the latest version I dropped CSAR funcionality.
CSAR is now integrated in MOOSE but I still did not investigate how to implement it.
https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS/Documentation/Ops.CSAR.html

35 minutes ago, Miles Vorkosigan said:

Yes, I noticed that, which is why I asked for the code that you used. I have already implemented Moose CSAR into our current server missions but I had hoped to learn more about having spawned infantry near downed pilots. Thanks though.

I should take a look at the archived version of the mission, if I find it, but I guess I should have it in some backup.

As far as I could remember I had to modify code in CSAR.lua and used a mix of CSAR, CTLD and mist functionality to make that a downed airplane would generate enemy infantry around the pilot.

I'll get back to you later when I return home.

Here is the modified CSAR script. I don't know if this works with current moose release. Probably it requires mist to be loaded and perhaps CTLD.

The principle is simple, in function

csar.spawnGroup(_deadUnit)

you will see that we have to get the coalition (side 1 or 2) and we calculate some randoms, important is randomX and randomY to generate a random point in the vicinity of 1.5km from the downed pilot and get the terrain type in that coordinate (land, water, river, etc).

after that just spawn the enemy infantry.

I guess something similar can be done with the current CSAR implementation in moose, you just need to add a callback in some onEventEjected I guess and spawn with the same pseudo code.

1) get coalition of the downed pilot

2) get a random coordinate in the vicinity

3) get terrain type

4) spawn the enemy infantry.

CSAR_BarbaGrigia.lua

Edited by leonardo_c

Hi @leonardo_c

I really enjoy this mission.

Since I would like to use The F104 in The mission, I might want to change some of The airframes (AI and Client) to more time-appropriate ones. Can I just change them in Mission Editor and keep The unit name (for AI-Units) and everything is good? Do I have to take special care with something?

I guess removing or renaming and changeing of Client units is no Problem at all?

Cheers,

PeeJott.

Glad you enjoy it. 😉

To add the 104 both as AI and client you have two options, one is simple and basic, the other one involves some LUA coding but is more flexible.

Basic:
* replace AI units with names BLUE F-4 CAP or BLUE F-5 CAP with the F-104 and keep same unit name otherwise they will not spawn as AI.
* replace any unit that starts with BLUE PLAYER and, again, keep the same unit name otherwise you won't have the radio menu options to check CZ status, etc.

Flexible:
Open the mission .miz file (any zip utility like 7zip will work), extract file Operation_Barbagrigia.lua and proceed as follows:
* load the mission in the mission editor and add unit BLUE F-104 CAP (simply copy paste one of the BLUE CAP units and change unit name and type)
* add unit BLUE F-104 CAP and add this string to the collection BLUE_CAP_GROUPS, this will automatically add the F-104 as a potential AI unit.
* in function

BarbaGrigia.addBlueRadioMenus()

be sure to add a new block of commands like the ones in there to include the F-104 unit, a copy paste and change unit names will be enough.
* in the mission editor, open the triggers editor and load the updated Operation_Barbagrigia.lua file in the correct step (it should be the last one and named something like LOAD MISSION SCRIPT or similar)
* save, fly, enjoy (and keep an eye on dcs.log for eventual errors)

7 hours ago, leonardo_c said:

The Marianas is a bit of a strange scenario, I made a simple version but to be honest I don't like it, there is not enough land space to make it interesting.
As for Syria, it should be coming, just need to refine it a bit.

YES 🙂

Really looking forward to it. Great 👍

• 2 weeks later...

@leonardo_c

Finished yesterday The "adding" and replacement of The units and so far everything works pretty good :-) Just one general question: When I attack and destroy those forces attacking the "zones" I get in The debriefing no kills of redfor units, just unit-numbers like nr.0001132 or something like that...is it supposed to be like that?

23 minutes ago, PeeJott17 said:

@leonardo_c

Finished yesterday The "adding" and replacement of The units and so far everything works pretty good 🙂 Just one general question: When I attack and destroy those forces attacking the "zones" I get in The debriefing no kills of redfor units, just unit-numbers like nr.0001132 or something like that...is it supposed to be like that?

Unfortunately yes, units generated dynamically with MOOSE (the engine I use for this campaign) are not tracked by the game and on your logbook statistics. It is a known side effect of using dinamically generated missions.

There is nothing we can do about it, unfortunately.

Glad your changes are working, I should be uploading a new version in the next days that will simplify the process of adding client units, it will be simply a matter of keeping the naming conventions for BLUE PLAYER/RED PLAYER and that's it, no LUA editing involved.

I also changed a bit the way that the mission engines uses to dispatch units to the front, it feels much better overall.