[PvE]/[PvP] - Operation Barbagrigia

Great to hear. The Editing was not hard at all and worked like a charm. Really looking forward to The new release. Another quick-question: Does the edited file has to be The same Name as before or can it have a different name? I renamed it to not confuse edited and unedited files. 

Thanks @leonardo_c

Everything worked nice. Had a test on an OpenBeta Server today, and everything spawned in and did the job it was supposed to do, the only "let-down" was my F-104CAP since it did spawn without any weapons, which was a bit weird, since I gave it weapons in the ME....

Well, anyway, an Idea I had while flying the mission: Can you make the assault teams work their way deeper into the enemy territory when there is no opposition any more? On my Go they just stopped at a certain point and did not go any further which is a bit weird since it looks a bit like they are waiting to "catch" a bomb... I guess the idea you had was, that they are supposed to hold/guard the zone?

It is a pretty cool mission and I'm enjoying it a lot :-)

they hold the position so that players can actually spot them and attack them.

should they proceed further then there will be no way to figure out where they are. consider it a sort of "gameplay balance".

at the same time, if you want to play this mission in pvp then all players will be more or less concentrated in that area.

the important part is to have fun :)

9 hours ago, leonardo_c said:

they hold the position so that players can actually spot them and attack them.

should they proceed further then there will be no way to figure out where they are. consider it a sort of "gameplay balance".

at the same time, if you want to play this mission in pvp then all players will be more or less concentrated in that area.

the important part is to have fun 🙂

Yes, got that idea as well that it makes sense that way...and having fun is very important and the Mission really accomplishes that task 👍

Just another question: In an earlier Version there were AFACs included. A special reason you took them out? Especially when you Run the Mission with only yourself visible on F10 The afac was pretty helpful...

1 hour ago, PeeJott17 said:

Just another question: In an earlier Version there were AFACs included. A special reason you took them out? Especially when you Run the Mission with only yourself visible on F10 The afac was pretty helpful...

unfortunately that feature stopped working. To be honest I really liked it and was one of the main features that made this mission so different. But it stopped working with 2.7 or new MOOSE, who knows.
I didn't have time to debug it in detail so instead of leaving a broken functionality I decided to remove it to not confuse users.

I'll see if I can make it work again, it was very cool.

Hi.

Yes, AFAC was great. I did run an older Version of your Mission in 2.7 and The AFAC did smoke The right targets. Of course I fid not Test everything. But it is pretty cool that you are going to look into it once more 🙂

I know, to Update the Mission is a lot of work but I would suggest to may be diverse it a bit for Multiplayer use because right now you've got one giant Furball over and around The River.

2 different locations would be great so you have to choose which one you are going to Support.

Another question is, when is The mission Lost or won? 

Cheers,

PeeJott.

Ah, allright. I thought it was hinted what has to be accomplished to call it a win.

May be you could consider this in The next Evolution? Since you said it will not be persistent, may be something which could happen in say 6 hours time (like normal server-restart-time).

There are The strategic targets and there are The supporting airfields. Might make it even more interesting to declare the "ground-conflict" decided, when at least 2/3 of The contested zones are held and carpark and resupply-base are less then 20% functional. 

The airbattle is decided when 2/3 of The opposing runways are disabled.

Or something like that. 

Of course, those are just ideas to make a good Mission may be a bit better 😉

• 8 months later...

Download: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306821/

Updated with latest Moose and made some other changes, most notably I moved the calendar some years forward and now we have:

• F-14A
  • Mig-29A
  • Mirage F1
  • Su-25A

- rewrote backend engine with latest Moose version
- BLUEFOR units drop smoke under attack
- added tanker
- player units can be added without modifying mission script (see notes above)
- added Mirage F-1CE

- moved time forward to all-aspect heat seekers
- added MiG-29A
- added Su-25A (USSR and Georgia)
- added on request CAP

- removed rotary wings
- removed OP Mig-19 AI
- lowered CAP skill to avoid impossible maneuvers in vertical plane
- introduced F-14A
- introduced SuperCarrier
- removed mist and ctld
- updated to Moose 2.7

*** ADDING PLAYER UNITS ***
To add player units simply respect the naming convention "BLUE PLAYER MY_UNIT_NAME" / "RED PLAYER MY_UNIT_NAME" and the script will automatically recognize the unit.

Edited by leonardo_c
missing d/l link
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• leonardo_c changed the title to [PvE]/[PvP] - Operation Barbagrigia
  • 1 year later...

back from the grave 🙂

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306821/

made some changes to this old favourite mission of mine

- rewrote backend engine with latest Moose version
- where possible, units use rear aspect hear seekers
- added A-4E
- added Mirage F1CE
- added F-14A
- added MiG-19
- added Splash Damage script
- added Skynet IADS
- added custom AFAC

and a bit more changes, especially a new AFAC that shoots WP rockets on designated targets, no need to use the designation menu and now there's an AI plane shooting WP rockets.

Air AI units now have random skill levels and will differ by loadout, adds quite more variety to the scenario.

Edited by leonardo_c

- added Su-25
- added Big Eye EWR
- destroying bridges will halt the respective ground conflict nearby the bridge

- restored CTLD and CSAR for BLUFOR
- CSAR missions spawn random enemy infantry around the downed pilot, you have been warned 🙂

Big Eye EWR

A lot of work has gone into the implementation of this EWR feature.

Big Eye EWR is a script that adds radar detected units information to the player.

Furthermore, the player can subscribe to GCI / Intercept taskings and the highest threat will be automatically assigned.

Once within 5nm of the target the report will switch to a more compact format and 12-hour format instead of degree numerical bearing

For more details:

• Thanks 1