F-5E TIGER II pit (1.16) & F-5E TIGER II refurbished (1.0)

Fantastic.. good luck with the update - I will download and install for sure when it arrives.

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• Bummer changed the title to F-5E TIGER II pit (V1.13)
  • Bummer changed the title to F-5E TIGER II pit (V1.13) & F-5E TIGER II refurbished
  • 2 months later...
  • Bummer changed the title to F-5E TIGER II pit (V1.13) & F-5E TIGER II refurbished
  • Bummer changed the title to F-5E TIGER II pit (V1.15) & F-5E TIGER II refurbished
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 3:38 AM, Bummer said:

F-5E TIGER II pit updated to V1.15

What are the changes in v1.15?

I saw there are some optional components, but if we don't want the optional items - should we just stay with the previous version? Or does the core mod have some texture improvements too?

Thanks for the mod, it's keeping the F-5 alot more active for me

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

I did some work on the instrument glass reflections (fingerprints/dirt) , but at a very minor level I think.

I made the defoging tubes on the canopy frame a little dirtier (again only a little bit) , and some work on the fasteners.

PNL LT and 1 BIT 2 are now some sort of paper stickers (I saw that in some pictures)

Also the OFF IDLE MIL MAX on the throttle quadrant are some sort of placards now.

So with this information you might want to check the screenshots again, and decide if updating to 1.15 is necessary for you.

You can also use both 1.13 and 1.15 next to eachother offcourse.

• Like 2

On 12/19/2021 at 1:47 PM, Bummer said:

I did some work on the instrument glass reflections (fingerprints/dirt) , but at a very minor level I think.

I made the defoging tubes on the canopy frame a little dirtier (again only a little bit) , and some work on the fasteners.

PNL LT and 1 BIT 2 are now some sort of paper stickers (I saw that in some pictures)

Also the OFF IDLE MIL MAX on the throttle quadrant are some sort of placards now.

So with this information you might want to check the screenshots again, and decide if updating to 1.15 is necessary for you.

You can also use both 1.13 and 1.15 next to eachother offcourse.

Great thanks!

• Bummer changed the title to F-5E TIGER II pit (1.16) & F-5E TIGER II refurbished (1.0)

F-5E TIGER II pit updated to 1.16

F-5E TIGER II pit refurbished  updated to 1.0

Both Mods have the cockpit lighting and illumination overhauled.

F-5E Default Flood.jpg

F-5E Mod Flood.jpg

F-5E Mod.jpg

F-5E Default.jpg

Edited by Bummer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I did start on the Huey a year ago, then I stopped, started again and stopped.

There is some weird 3D moddeling and texturing in that module, not really enjoyable.

Maybe I will give it another try someday.

But I really hope ED will do it. Like new module, updating old module, new module, updating old module etc.

This is a screenshot of what I have at this moment.

uh1test.jpg

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Bummer said:

I did start on the Huey a year ago, then I stopped, started again and stopped.

There is some weird 3D moddeling and texturing in that module, not really enjoyable.

Maybe I will give it another try someday.

But I really hope ED will do it. Like new module, updating old module, new module, updating old module etc.

Ahh good to hear, though its a shame their modeling is not up to scratch, I guess it IS a really old module at this point and hasn't had a refresh.

We do have quite a few Vietnam era aircraft coming with the F-4 Phantom, A-6 Intruder coming on top of those we already have (F-5E, A-4E), so hopefully a Huey v2 will be on the cards one day just like the Blackshark & A10 got a refresh.

One would even hope that the new map technology tested in Marianas could allow a Vietnam map!

• 2 months later...

this is amazing and I wish I knew about this mod sooner, I just wanted to ask difference on the "F-5E TIGER II pit V1.16" and "F-5E TIGER II refurbished 1.0" packs? I got the first one installed and working, is the later one just the older version you chose to keep posted for whatever reason?

The TIGER II pit V1.16 is the one I started with.

The TIGER II refurbished 1.0 is the TIGER II pit V1.16 but I removed allmost all the dirt and scratches, and gave it some fresher looking textures like it got a new paint job.

So not factory fresh, but refurbished.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

That is an excellent job! Unfortunately it requires high anti-aliasing settings to be usable. With my 22" 1080p with MSAA 4x (in DCS) I get very strong aliasing. The label captions and most scales  are simply of too high contrast.

• 1 month later...

Added the F-5E TIGER II V1.16 MM and the F-5E TIGER II refurbished V1.0 MM.

These are the MipMaps versions you can download if you have shimmering problems with the original TIGER II MODs.

Edited by Bummer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Bummer many thanks for the MM versions of the F5 cockpits.  Fixing the shimmering is very appreciated! 

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 1 month later...

Any tips on getting this to work?  Nothing other than Default and Chinese are available under the Special Tab after following the installation instructions.  I have C:\Users\user\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\Cockpit_F-5E and then all of the .lua and .dds files in that folder.

22 minutes ago, ClydeBigBird said:

Any tips on getting this to work?  Nothing other than Default and Chinese are available under the Special Tab after following the installation instructions.  I have C:\Users\user\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\Cockpit_F-5E and then all of the .lua and .dds files in that folder.

Strange, I have them just as you dscribe, and these cockpits work for me:

TopaWxE.jpg

eKjdijp.jpg

nDwGrVW.jpg

Thanks to @Bummer, for a great Mod 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

5 minutes ago, ClydeBigBird said:

I didn't realize you needed to have an additional sub-folder inside "Cockpit_F-5E"

🙂 that folder name is used as the custom cockpit name, and can be any text you want, so the folder names I use are my choice, you can name them differently if you want.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I believe the HUD only has a file for the tint/color of the HUD glass.

F5E-CPT-INSTR-02_COLOR

It has been a while since I worked on the F5, so I have to dig in a bit deeper later on.

• Like 1