Can we get an economic oriented mission?

Tiramisu

On one of the servers I have noticed that its missions automatically detects which loadout you have after takeoff. So I was thinking: Why can't a mission take the financial value of the loadouts into account as well, when computing the losses for the team score?

You could grant each player a certain amount of money per mission, which they could use for their loadouts. Once a player or a team is bankrupt they cannot get valuable loadouts like AMRAAMs any more. That would help to stop spamraams while still allowing this weapon at a fairly limited amount.

I think the technical possibilities for such missions already exist for DCS, so I hope someone will take care of it. It would be epic having a flight and economy simulator in one game!

This is something i would love to see in " dynamic camaign" . But that would mean i will see dynamic campaign. And that wont happen.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

On one of the servers I have noticed that its missions automatically detects which loadout you have after takeoff. So I was thinking: Why can't a mission take the financial value of the loadouts into account as well, when computing the losses for the team score?

You could grant each player a certain amount of money per mission, which they could use for their loadouts. Once a player or a team is bankrupt they cannot get valuable loadouts like AMRAAMs any more. That would help to stop spamraams while still allowing this weapon at a fairly limited amount.

I think the technical possibilities for such missions already exist for DCS, so I hope someone will take care of it. It would be epic having a flight and economy simulator in one game!

This is great idea!

Supreme leader

I believe what you want is War Thunder and I am not being sarcastic.

DCS already has the capability to restrict individual weapon types, equipment and fuel.

It is up to the mission designer to do so and many do.

You are trying to control individual player behavior and this isn’t the title to do that in.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

I believe what you want is War Thunder and I am not being sarcastic.

DCS already has the capability to restrict individual weapon types, equipment and fuel.

It is up to the mission designer to do so and many do.

You are trying to control individual player behavior and this isn’t the title to do that in.

Maybe he just wants to see people use more varying loadouts?

Why would you ever drop an unguided bomb, if you can always use GPS guided bombs?

If there are incentives to use anything but the most effective weapons, it creates new challenges and difficult choices.

gyah the bean-counter mission!

GAW models logistical shortages basically, some airfields have missiles and some dont, and whether they do or not depends on how the battle is going. To be clear, I think the main purpose is to prevent team kills via spamram -- while I'm sure it helps, it doesn't solve the problem -- but it does sort of comport with what I've read about availability of AAMRAMs at the beginning. Personally I think GAW is extremely cool, might be worth your time to check out how they have it set up

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

The fact is that such system already exists. I didn't really play with it too much myself to be honest but DCS has a warehouse system where a limited number of supplies can be defined and made available for load-outs. In other words it's possible to define a limited number of AMRAAM's and let the team to just run out of them. What's even more interesting is that the resources can be attached to a specific warehouse building visible on the map which then can be attacked and destroyed by enemy. As I understand there are also different means to get them resupplied.

Why this system is not exploited by mission creators I have no clue. On the other hand with all those custom scripts running on every single server DCS experience becomes only more confusing and less immersive. Right now aside of reading the briefing and understanding mission objectives it's becoming equally or even more important to learn how to use all the different scripts put into the comms menu as well to learn how to extract some critical information from them (like not allowed load-outs).

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all