Changing computer. do I need to do anything special?

Im about to get my new computer. Do I need to do anything special when I install on the new one? I seem to remember back in the day you only got so many installs. Something about turning off install keys and such. But I cant find anything on this now. Its been a long time since Ive done this. Some advice would be most useful :)

I had problems with my HOTAS identifiers, because they were different in the new computer. It didn't work copying your input directory from previous installation.

FC3, Black Shark 2 and A-10C are still protected under Starforce, so you will have to deactivate previously in your current computer in order to not to loose any activation.

• ED Team

Hi,

Only thin you need to do is deactivate any modules using the old starforce protection.

This will allow you to save an activation.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
How do I do that . It doesn't appear to be in the user manual . Ive checked :(

Sorry for not explaining

run DCS, go into Module Manager, installed modules, click the DRM icon if available to deactivate

draconus is correct, in the module manager you will see the DRM icon those are the modules using the old style starforce.

Most of our latest modules are keyless.

There is also a guide in your docs folder in your dcs install.

Hope that helps.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So....you need to remap your controllers for each aircraft after installing on a new computer?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Oh, no! Make backup of your saved games/dcs/input/config. In your new install you can go to controls and import appropriate files from the backup. Keyboard and mouse files you can just overwrite. Well, tbh, you should always have that backup!

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Thanks. Yes, I always have a backup on my Google Drive. I was worried that it would be useless with a new computer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]