Anyone starting to not like BS?

CLEARLY

this vehicle damage is waaay better than what we have in lomac. Thats is all I am asking

I meant something else but.. if you say so ;)

Unfortunately every single explosion in presented engine looks almost exactly the same. But still this shows a great gap of EFFICIENCY between Lock On and presented 3D engine.

BTW, this engine has been created but ONE man - Aaron Ross. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This video shows some worse and better effects. Note that the ground textures are not uptated (see the screenshots).

http://www.mediafire.com/?02lx2by34h1 - not working for me

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loL! well...I should have posted my reply quoting this pic in the DCS forums where I am askng about getting a new DM for vehicles. :p lol! Wrong topic.. :p

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

loL! well...I should have posted my reply quoting this pic in the DCS forums where I am askng about getting a new DM for vehicles. :p lol! Wrong topic.. :p

Your question was already asked and answered there..

A new DM is not an option at this time but they will do something with it in the one of the preceding moduals, according to EB...

Also we might see an improved DM here in Lock On also, I'm thinking that this could be developed by the Sim Mod team? But I'm not sure. Do you need access to the code to get something like this to work? I'm wondering if the S/M team has access, well maybe not... But as Eagle stated, DCS will have it some time in the future..

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

naah....u need to modify the shader code to change the explosions and so on. so it would be pretty hard to change them without the source...I would assume.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

What about a more realistic model for ground/air explosions.

There is a pletora of video of armament test, real explosions taped in real battles. Nothing ingame ever seem to look at least a bit near what we see in the footages.

Usually game effects looks more like bollywood explosion, dramatic to the comic and absolutely unconvincing, why push programers and hardware when reality is much more simple. Lot of sudden dust/smoke, few flames, almost no bilowing ones same for fuel tank, this when the explosion doesn t blow the flames out.

What about a more realistic model for ground/air explosions.

There is a pletora of video of armament test, real explosions taped in real battles. Nothing ingame ever seem to look at least a bit near what we see in the footages.

Usually game effects looks more like bollywood explosion, dramatic to the comic and absolutely unconvincing, why push programers and hardware when reality is much more simple. Lot of sudden dust/smoke, few flames, almost no bilowing ones same for fuel tank, this when the explosion doesn t blow the flames out.

That's what I was talking about. Nice:thumbdown: graphics is not for serious study sim as Black Shark claim to be.

Nice:thumbdown: graphics is not for serious study sim as Black Shark claim to be.

So you are saying that if there is no "real" explosions you dont want nice graphics? Or a study sim should not have nice graphics?

What is important in a sim anyway?

I mean can you tell me top 3?

Top 5?

Let me tell you mine.

1-The flight model

2-Multiplayer playability

3-GRAPHICS

4-Sounds

5-Enemy AI (For single player)

Stop bashing probably the most advanced Heli sim ever..

You ppl always whine about what you dont have!..Have you got a better heli sim around? Forget the heli part, have you got any aviation sim around to top the FC set aside BS?

[sIGPIC]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa200/misikci/41-imza-1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

"To infinity...and beyond!.."

SIM-MOD Modeler

TURK!

So you are saying that if there is no "real" explosions you dont want nice graphics? Or a study sim should not have nice graphics?

I'm saying (here and there, all the time) that nice is not always enough and proper for a sim. In fact I claim that nice graphics are a laizy creators domain because it takes much more effort to adjust the effects to reality as much as it can be adjusted.

"Let's create a new 3D engine, choose DX...ok let it be DX?, feed it with textures, 3D models and newest shaders and what we get will be outstanding....cause we've chosen high number of DX...:cheer3nc:" is a no go for a serious sim.

And I don't see the reason why so many people "settle to the lowest denominate". There are many SIMPLE ways to improve many things in LO for example and moders proved it many times. And "there's nothing better out there" thinking will not do any good to the community. There's nothing better because that's the way it is in sim market. 1 sim for a few years.

Will any of you be proud of letting ED create another manga-like 3D engine only prettier? Will then be a good time for whining?

I've been "Whining" about the lack of dynamic campaign in LO, critisized by many people on one forum. Couple months later same people started to try to create a substitute for a dynamic campaign. Pitiful.

What is important in a sim anyway?

I mean can you tell me top 3?

Top 5?

Let me tell you mine.

1-The flight model

2-Multiplayer playability

3-GRAPHICS

4-Sounds

5-Enemy AI (For single player)

Mine:

1-Flight/other physics model

2-VISUALISATION with photorealism AND reflecting real pilot's eyes capabilities (not manga "nicery"!) as a goal

3-Dynamic Campaign or at least a proper substitute

4-AI

5-Multiplayer

6-Sounds

Stop bashing probably the most advanced Heli sim ever..

You ppl always whine about what you dont have!..Have you got a better heli sim around? Forget the heli part, have you got any aviation sim around to top the FC set aside BS?

I'm not bashing DCS. I only would like to state that I will not accept old (and many times simple) mistakes in DCS. I will not become "Give me any offal and I'll be happy as hell, because it's nothing more out there".

I will praise and slash ED's name for every aspect ED deserves it accordingly. Isn't it a healthy approach?:smilewink:

it is healty..

but wrong..

Creative criticism is always something i support..

but criticism sometimes goes overline.

I would like to have better explosions..why wouldnt i?

But that does not mean i dont appreciate the current quality of the graphic engine..

Besides..Like i said before on this very same thread..

We did not see it yet!!!

We dont know what is going to happen..

Do you have a special source that we dont?

Just rumors..

One more thing..

Lockon is the closest thing to photoreality sim as far as i know..

Can it be better? Of course it can!

Do we want this? Sure we do!

But like i said, if you only focus on what you dont have,

You cannot enjoy what you have..

[sIGPIC]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa200/misikci/41-imza-1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

"To infinity...and beyond!.."

SIM-MOD Modeler

TURK!

I've been given a WARNING, so I end this topic. I'm repeating myself - true. If anyone felt offended by me - I'm sorry. And I don't use comparison to manga as I use word "manga" for invective. I only think that such aesthetics does not suite any simulator.

It may not seem obvious but I really think Yours and other community members contribution to next releases of DCS and to old LO is a great chance, to make everything better. In fact a lot of LO mistakes I mentioned I believe would not be present if there was more such community contribution to development of LO.

1.3 - Administrative actions against forum members are not subject to public discussion. If you feel an action against you was unjust or otherwise inappropriate, please use the Private Messaging (PM) system to appeal the action to other forum staff members or the forum administrator.
Sorry, but since you insist on discussing another member's warning level, the thread is locked.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules