New INS?

Harlikwin

What exactly does the new INS noted in the change log do? Can we get some details?

Can I now add waypoints? (please).

Is there a wait time on startup for alignment?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Just ran a quick test.

INS alignment and DED data relating to it is implemented now (manual also updated to reflect this). However, adding new WPs doesn't seem to be there yet.

Bummer.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Can some one explain to me why you need to personnaly fill in the LNG and LAT + Alt?

I don't understand what purpose the GPS has if you need to fill it in yourself anyways?

Does the GPS litteraly only update your ins whilst in flight?

Can anyone explain why you'd in real life need to fill it in yourself?

I couldn't find it anywhere in the manual...? (Update nevermind)

Yeah, no manual for me for a week or so... Unless they update the one on the website, which I don't think is the case.

Can some one explain to me why you need to personnaly fill in the LNG and LAT + Alt?

I don't understand what purpose the GPS has if you need to fill it in yourself anyways?

I believe it's more for the internal INS system, into which the GPS is embedded. GPS or no, you still need to align that.

i7 4790k @ 4.4, 32GB RAM, RX480 GTR

I fly it all.

The manual in the F-16 folder is updated.

Which i cant access...

Wait are we suppose to input our starting position now? I flew like 3 missions in NTTR today and didn't have any nav issues without inputting anything.

No idea, but I flew around NTTR too without any issues.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

From what I can tell, the INS alignment function upon cold start is now functioning properly and shows the countdown in the DED. If you want to look at something else in the DED while aligning you can, simply hit List 6 on the ICP to go back to it. I'm pretty sure that is the extent of the INS update.

Edited by Wicked.-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

I guess it's just the standard process, because you can't always expect to have a GPS signal.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I guess it's just the standard process, because you can't always expect to have a GPS signal.

According to a blk50 manual, GPS is only used to refine own postion and in-flight re-alignment. There must be a good reason for having to manually enter the initial position. I'm thinking UX/UI design. Simply accepting what a system tells you is a great way to introduce errors.

My only reference are commercial nav systems. On modern (Boeing-) aircraft, the pilot needs to enter position manually to align the IRS (even though GPS pos. is known). Most likely for the exact same reason as described above.

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

Exactly

Main nav source is the INS.

Not 100% sure, but I think that the navigation system compares the INS(s) with the GPS. If the INS and GPS posisition is within a certain margin, then the position is updated with the GPS position - if not then it uses the INS position.

INS is prime source and GPS is secondary source, since it can be disturbed (i.e. jammed , scrambled or what ever it´s called).

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Look at Grim Reapers tutorial about INS

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

I hope theres an option to skip all the waiting, Dont mind it occasionally but not always interested in sitting there waiting 10 minutes to get airborne when im short of time...

You have hotstart for this. INS alignment is an integral part of a cold start.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I enjoy the cold start procedure, Dont get me wrong, I just dont enjoy sitting there waiting for 6 minutes ingame if i dont want to, Having the option would be nice, This is an option for other aircraft is it not?

AEF JetwasH | 161 SQN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone try performing other tasks while the alignment is running?

In the Hog, you can multi-task (work in the DSMS, enter a flightplan, set up counter measures, etc.) until your INS hits 4.0.0.8 so I wonder if you can edit waypoints, change weapon profiles, etc. while the INS is running in the Viper?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com