New INS?

Harlikwin

I don't think there is one / I don't think it needs ticking even if there is one. I was playing some older missions at the weekend (from just after release, so before the INS worked) and just putting the switch to stored heading worked every time - just switch it to that and it'll be aligned and say RDY in 90 seconds or so. No need to enter your current lat/long either like people were discussing earlier in the thread (guess that's only for the full alignment, as it was never needed with stored alignment).

Edited by backspace340

@Emmy Sorry for causing confusion - that special option is not there (yet?) in the ME. Stored heading alignment works for any F-16C currently though without the need to have that non-existend special option ticked.

Oh, okay.

Will try next time I get into the bird

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Emmy Sorry for causing confusion - that special option is not there (yet?) in the ME. Stored heading alignment works for any F-16C currently though without the need to have that non-existend special option ticked.

So what do I do if I want to place a Viper that has not been pre-aligned, so that Stored Heading Alignment will not be available?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I guess you will have to wait for the implementation being complete.

Seem like...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hi!

What are the consequences when flying Air-2-Ground with a not fully aligned INS?

Speaking IRL, a "non fully" aligned IRS will suffer from increased drift. As long as GPS is good and available, no problems. If you loose the GPS, system position becomes pure inertial and will reflects the IRS's position. Drift is about a nautical miles per hours in nominal ... with a badly aligned IRS, it can be much much more.

Overfly FIX or Air-to-Ground radar FIX can help in periodically repositioning the IRS's position on an known coordinate. But won't reduce the internal drift.

Regards.