Water Rendering Issues

This photo shows water rendering setting on High. I have tried various mod fixes etc through MODMAN and yet water still looks like this. This photo was taken while using Enhanced FPS Water MOd by D-Scythe, and Fixed Water Mod by Xuantam. I have a Radeon X1950Pro. Anyone have ideas how I can render the water better? Is there something I need to change with ATI Catylast?

Thanks for the help.

picture898.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Super, I found that setting textures to high and water to high worked as it should. It would seem "very high" works similiar to IL2 in that the config allows you set water to 3 & 4 for Invidia cards only. ATI cards work on setting 1 & 2 only. Thanks for your input.

If someone has suggestions for video card settings, (Radeon/ATI X1950pro), let me know.

Thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Upon further investigation I found a strange thing. When I was experimenting with various tracks the water continued to look like the photo above. I would then stop the track go back to the edit screen reselect the graphics settings make sure Textures on High, and Water on High. I then change the settings to Tex, Water medium, restart the track, stop it go back into the edit screen reset TEX and Water to High and start the same track and the water is perfect. I began to think that the graphic settings were different in MODMAN. I printed out my graphics config and game settings and found that each one in Modman matches my in game settings. I then started the game again, chose the same track and the water was again distorted. I then experimented by going on line and found the water distorted with texture set to high and water set to high. I can't figure out what is happening.

This picture after changing Texture High, Water High to Tex-Med, Water-Med.

picture904.jpg

This picture after going back into edit screen changing Texture and Water back to High. Note water is now perfect!

picture905.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I found something interesting. Wether I have MODS on or off when I enter a game online, if I go to the graphics section and click on texture and water and choose the option that is already showing (Tex-High, Water-High) and then launch the game the water is rendered correctly.

This must be one for the books!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ya Man, solved the problem! I reviewed my graphics config file and found I that the aspect ratio did not match up with the resolution. My resolution is set at 1280x1024 and the aspect ratio was defaulted to 1.333337. By changing the aspect ratio to 1.25 (1280/1024), the water renders properly and the game looks fantastic!

So, for those of you who haven't checked your aspect ratio do it, you may get a nice surprise.:thumbup:

Thanks again SuperKungFu. Case Closed.:book:

I am sure many of you know this, but I recently found out that by going into the graphics setting page will cause your config setting for the aspect ratio to reset to default. I thought others may benefit from this post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I doubled check all my settings but it didn't help me, but I stumbled upon a water mod made by alexandra over at checksix and it worked perfect on my machine. With Enhanced FPS water mod by D-Scythe, and Fixed water mod by Xuantam I would always get that annoying flickering

Oдин

I doubled check all my settings but it didn't help me, but I stumbled upon a water mod made by alexandra over at checksix and it worked perfect on my machine. With Enhanced FPS water mod by D-Scythe, and Fixed water mod by Xuantam I would always get that annoying flickering

URL to the water Mod by Alexandra? Was googling but no joy...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Ya Man, solved the problem! I reviewed my graphics config file and found I that the aspect ratio did not match up with the resolution. My resolution is set at 1280x1024 and the aspect ratio was defaulted to 1.333337. By changing the aspect ratio to 1.25 (1280/1024), the water renders properly and the game looks fantastic!

So, for those of you who haven't checked your aspect ratio do it, you may get a nice surprise.:thumbup:

This sounds logical but i didn't help ( :helpsmilie: )

Water and Textures are at High and my resolution is 1152x864

1152/864 = 1.33333333..

so i looked into the graphics.cfg and changed all values after an "aspect" to 1.3333 (i only replaced the 7 with a 3; so 1.333337 to 1.333333)

But ingame i have the same bloody warping water as before :(

I uninstalled all Water mods but no chance

here are my values:

DisplayMode

{

resolution = {1152, 864};

bpp = 32;

fullscreen = 1;

aspect = 1.333333333;

Interface

{

bpp = 32;

fullscreen = 1;

aspect = 1.333333333;

}

Simulation

{

bpp = 32;

fullscreen = 1;

aspect = 1.333333333;

}

AVI

{

resolution = {640, 480};

fullscreen = 0;

aspect = 1.3333;

}

}

what did i wrong? :helpsmilie:

Alexandra's water mod is a good one. I used it for a looooooooong time before I built a better system.

I've found that all other water mods cause the problems your seeing Canuck. Alexandra's didn't seem to though.

can it help me with my problem?

Because the fps water mod can't

Hello gents, I no longer have this problem. Changing the aspect ratio did it for me. However there was something else I did, but I'll be dammed if I can remember what it was.:doh: This is what happens when you get over 40. I will keep thinking and try to remember what else I did.

I can add one more thing. Go into the game set the graphics settings you want then go into the grahpics config and set your ratios. Save the new config as is then right click on the config and set that file as read only. This will prevent the grpahics from changing everytime you go into the settings menu in game. For some reason each time you go into the settings in game it returns to defaults.

Something else you can try is turn down video cards anitistrophic filtering and Anti Aliasing. That may give you some relief.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello gents, I no longer have this problem. Changing the aspect ratio did it for me. However there was something else I did, but I'll be dammed if I can remember what it was.:doh: This is what happens when you get over 40. I will keep thinking and try to remember what else I did.

I can add one more thing. Go into the game set the graphics settings you want then go into the grahpics config and set your ratios. Save the new config as is then right click on the config and set that file as read only. This will prevent the grpahics from changing everytime you go into the settings menu in game. For some reason each time you go into the settings in game it returns to defaults.

Something else you can try is turn down video cards anitistrophic filtering and Anti Aliasing. That may give you some relief.

I played a little bit with AA and AF and all other things (Catalyst Controll Center). There i set Catalyst A.I to Standart (was advanced) and the graphics.cfg read only

And now the crazy water is GONE!!!! :lol:

I can't believe it!!! I had this ugly water during 2 PC's ... :thumbsup:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! FA Crazy Canuck :yay: