[REPORTED] Missing tadpole

karpiyon

Hi,

Until yesterday i had no such problems...

I started a mission and i noticed my navigation tadpole was missing.

In addition in A-G mode CCRP the cue stayed in the middle of the HUD.

If i switch to the TGP and try to slew it (as i did 2 days aga) it stayed in the middle of the HUD.

I do remember that i did not allow for the INS to alight fully.

What can show/hide the tadpole or disable/lock the target cue in place?

I may have pushed something or is this a bug?

When I completed the mission i reentered the cockpit and the tadpole was there again

Still I want to know if this is a bug or if i mistakenly pressed something.

In case this happens again I want to fix this during flight

Dan

Edited by karpiyon

I noticed that a short align resulted in not tadpole missing but tadpole glued to FPM and distance to every steerpoint was frozen at the last value.

Tadpole and FPM will be absent if ATT/FPM switch is in OFF on HUD panel, right console.

Tadpole is absent if steerpoint selected which is invalid/has no position, e.g. if flight plan only has 0,1 and "2" is selected.

Go to INS page on ICP while its aligning (List->INS), after a couple of minutes it should show "rdy", put INS knob to NAV and you are good to go.

i have been flying and dropping GBU's all day and haven't found any issues

Edited by Falconeer

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

I played one of the mission I played before.

INS aligned and all was working well until something happened and from that moment the waypoints on the MFD and the real waypoints were out of sync, the waypoint diamond on the HUD was stuck in mid air.

I found myself 60 miles off course in what appeared to be the right place on the HUD and MFD but way off in the actual map.

Edited by karpiyon