Are they voiced ?

jfri

Yes, you will have english voiceovers with a slight french accent :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yes, you will have english voiceovers with a slight french accent :)

Are the tutorials of good quality ? I ask since I just bought the BF109 where I was told they had voiced tutorials. And yes they had voiced tutorials but the tutorials still seem very flawed

Are the tutorials of good quality ?

Yes, they were edited by Baltic Dragon and are very well made ... I specially liked the fact that you can choose training on Caucasus or on Nevada (the only DCS module to have this double tutorials) and also I liked that the built-in Campaign was crafted as a follow-on to the Tutorials.

However, keep in mind that the Mirage is in the middle of a mid-life upgrade, so I'm not sure if these changes to the aircraft have broken some missions or not (I did the training a long time ago)

I ask since I just bought the BF109 where I was told they had voiced tutorials. And yes they had voiced tutorials but the tutorials still seem very flawed

I'm also starting to learn the Bf-109, because I purchased the latest Campaign by Reflected and the Bf-109 tickled my imagination :) ... on my case, instead of doing the training missions, I opted to study the module by following along with Bunyap:

Keep in mind that the Bf-109 is not an easy plane, you have a big power engine mounted on a light airframe, so everytime you slam the throttle, the torque of the propeller wants to turn the plane to the left ... so a Tutorial is not enough, you need practice, practice, practice .. :)

For me the lack of proper rudder pedals is a real drawback with the Bf-109 .. and while I have almost mastered the art of taking off and landing the thing, I'm intending to gift myself with a set of rudder pedals for this Xmas :D

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi jfri, I am just now in the middle of going through those tutorials and I must say : they are of EXCELLENT quality! Some of the best in DCS. (the french accent is not 'slight' at all, but very immersive and well done (I am native French speaking)... They are very gradual, pedagogical and allow you to try things for yourself.

Baltic Dragon is one of the best DCS mission maker and it shows! The other thing that is very attractive is that the training continues in the official Campaing that comes with the module (also by BD) and even further, if you like it, he did one of the best DCS campaings that still pushes things even further in his Red Flag (M2000C) DLC campaign.

I like to do the tutorial missions together with the manual open on my iPad (it is also a great manual, done by Baltic Dragon as well), and you can complement with the excellent Chuck's Guide!

Bear in mind that a few things have changed or will change in the near future since the Mirage is still getting some love from the devs, thank you!!

Here is one of the most informative thread about some of the changes.

Have fun, the Mirage is a Fantastic module!

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

JEFX could not agree more with what you said... the tutorials are wonderfully voiced and immersive in themselves. How they continue right into the campaign at first I was hesitant about - but after doing the missions (alas, I am stuck at mission 6 now), I've come to the conclusion that having a module launch campaign with such instructional yet immersive missions should be the standard. I own a number of other modules (especially love the '14) and the mirage tutorials and campaign is among if not the best of the lot.

Speaking of mission 6, I am aware of the new protocols for dropping bombs, can drop them in my own mission editor mission, but can't get the HUD to change to ground attack in campaign mission 6. The bombs do drop, just not with the right hud which makes for great in accuracy...

Hope that will be fixed...

Sorry for the rant.

Do love the module!