A10C Engines dont start - BUG?

zombifiziert

This is an issue in DCS (at least with the Thrustmaster Warthog), where if the throttle is in the cutoff position on load, the first detent to idle is not registered.

I have now learned to leave the throttle in the idle position and then after I have loaded into the A10, moved my throttle into the cutoff position. That seems to help alleviate that issue.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This can be taken care of with external joystick mapper.

Since the throttle in OFF state is equivalent to pressed state of DX 29 or 30 input, you can bind this to Throttle OFF in DCS setting (as DX input).

With a joystick mapper that can recognize press/release state of a button (joystick gremlin or RS_mapper), you can bind Throttle step up (as keyboard input) to the button's release state.

This way the throttle will always be in correct positions as it will always be recognized by either DCS or joystick mapper.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Without setting (4) fuel switches to the normal flying position it's possible to start the APU and the left engine but not the right.

There is a fuel pump in the left system only which works on DC bus.

I know that, I'm quite familiar with the module so really- there is a problem!

Edit:

Disregard, tried to recover DCS instalation and - voila! Now the Hog sounds like a song ;)

Edited by Lurz

I have the same problem with the A-10C using a x52 stick and throttle.

All my other aircraft ( f86, SU 25 and KA 50) work perfectly fine.

I cannot get the throttle's to move at all, when I am doing a cold start.

Even the keyboard commands don't work,very very frustrating.

Now during the cold start I have no roll command, just pitch and rudder.

When I launch on the runway or in the air all works fine...WTF

I have reinstalled, deleted profiles, all that I can think of, but nothings...sigh

The engines won't traverse the OFF to IDLE hump unless the throttle axis values are low enough (< 10% ?). There are special commands to traverse the throttles over the hump from OFF to IDLE or the reverse which are not the same key or axis commands to smoothly move the throttle handle along its normal flight range of motion.

I have the same problem with the A-10C using a x52 stick and throttle.

All my other aircraft ( f86, SU 25 and KA 50) work perfectly fine.

I cannot get the throttle's to move at all, when I am doing a cold start.

Even the keyboard commands don't work,very very frustrating.

Now during the cold start I have no roll command, just pitch and rudder.

When I launch on the runway or in the air all works fine...WTF

I have reinstalled, deleted profiles, all that I can think of, but nothings...sigh

As Frederf said, when you do a cold start, the throttles are set to OFF. To move them across the hump to idle, you need to use a special command (keybord default is RALT+HOME for left engine and RSHIFT+HOME for right engine IIRC). Only then you can use the throttle axis to move the throttles.

Regarding the flight stick issue: The flight stick can't be moved when the engines are off.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

What worked for me:

1. HOTAS throttle to minimum

2. Pressed key to go from OFF to IDLE (it makes throttle move in-game, so you know when it worked)

3. Pushing throttle to MAX did not start any engine

4. On the right side of throttle and little forward, there is an ignition override switch for left and right engine. Throttle to MAX and I held ignition for few seconds. Engines started.