HUD TDC Sensitivity

When using AUTO bomb mode, I find it extremely difficult to move the marker in the HUD with any precision. I have pulled the sensitivity down on the axis as low as it's reasonable to still be able to move the cursor in the radar screen and SA page. But the HUD is super hard to control. It got slightly better after changing the default TMWH ministick to the delta sim PS4 style control, but it's still very hard.

Is there a setting somewhere? Anyone else having this problem?

Update:

Workaround:

By setting an extreme curvature, I managed to get is usable at least. This way I can make full movements on the stick when using the radar cursor, and ever so slightly movements when using the HUD, and get reasonable precision on both.

My current axis settings (delta sim WH modification TDC stick):

Deadzone: 10,

Sat X: 100,

Sat Y: 75,

Curvature 40.

As for the HUD, it feels like the coefficient which the sensitivity is multiplied with is WAY too high (like around 5 times more sensitive than it should be). Without a curvature it's impossible to get any precision. Imho, this stuff should be in the ballpark when you're using the default settings (100/100 and no curves), and then you can use curves to tweak it to your liking.

If you make large inputs, the cursor moves extremely fast in an erratic and jumpy way, which just doesn't look nor feels right.

Note: The Viper HUD marker also suffers from lack of small-movement precision, but at least doesn't do the crazy jumping when getting larger inputs. Maybe the Hornet and the Viper team can put their heads together on this for a smooth solution?

Edited by Bankler

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...