Missing AIM54 Pylons

Delta59R

I'm fairly certain that's by design.

I remember when the module was released they talked about hoping to be able to limit loadouts because, basically, you need the Phoenix pylons on station 3 and 4 (the front) for cooling I think. Or 5 and 6 won't work.

Clearly they haven't found or gotten around to limiting for realistic loadouts.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

They seem to be there though, or am I blind? at least the left on from our pov, the right one cannot say with this screenshot angle unfortunately.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

They seem to be there though, or am I blind? at least the left on from our pov, the right one cannot say with this screenshot angle unfortunately.

Hi there,

I think this is a issue that you should limit the loadout to not install AIM-54 in the 4 & 5 stations without AIM-54 available in stations 3 & 6. or maybe if I am wrong and you can load AIM-54 in the AFT stations without the necessity to load the front stations, then you should fix the missing adapters when loading AIM-54 in aft stations only.

but I think it is not possible to load AIM-54 in stations 4 & 5 and load AIM-7 in 3 & 6 at the same time, so it is a bug.

Hi there,

I think this is a issue that you should limit the loadout to not install AIM-54 in the 4 & 5 stations without AIM-54 available in stations 3 & 6. or maybe if I am wrong and you can load AIM-54 in the AFT stations without the necessity to load the front stations, then you should fix the missing adapters when loading AIM-54 in aft stations only.

but I think it is not possible to load AIM-54 in stations 4 & 5 and load AIM-7 in 3 & 6 at the same time, so it is a bug.

It's not a bug, it is just something DCS does not allow us to restrict like that. You could also hang phoenixes in the back, just not fire them, because the cooling is provided through station 3+6. "Unfortunately", if you find it unrealistic, the only choice you have is not to choose it. :)

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 3 weeks later...
They seem to be there though, or am I blind?

Maybe you are? They certainly look to be missing to me. We can see the tailhook fairing above the starboard missile and only air between the port missile and fuselage.

IronMike is totally right, that loadout won't work in real life since the avionics cooling system for the Phoenixes is located in the aerodynamic portion of the forward pylons. Closest you can get to that IRL is two AIM-54s mounted on the two forward stations and a single AIM-7 mounted centerline aft. Or, possibly a better option is two AIM-54s mounted on the wing stations and four AIM-7s on the belly.

Now, I was just playing the campaign tonight and one of the missions has a loadout with two AIM-7s fore and six Mk82s loaded aft. I noticed there as well that the rear bomb pylons were missing. I'm guessing this is related.

You should never carry Pallets alone on the rear tunnel points, There is several hard rules to loadout, to carry pallets in the tunnel you need to have all four, or just the front two mounted.

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

• ED Team
It's not a bug, it is just something DCS does not allow us to restrict like that. You could also hang phoenixes in the back, just not fire them, because the cooling is provided through station 3+6. "Unfortunately", if you find it unrealistic, the only choice you have is not to choose it. :)

Well, they physically can be loaded on those stations, it's just that they won't work. Isn't it possible to simulate that?

Also there must be some mechanism to limit loadouts, because in the MiG-21 module it's impossible to load double R-60 racks on both inboard and outboard pylons. Can't it be used here?

You should never carry Pallets alone on the rear tunnel points, There is several hard rules to loadout, to carry pallets in the tunnel you need to have all four, or just the front two mounted.

The thread is about invisible pylons, not about OP violating naval regulations.

• 3 years later...

I know this is an ancient thread - I figured it's better to revive then start something new for the same topic. 

Just confirming as there are many images of cats with 54's on their rear tunnel stations as well - is this something that is being worked on or will we have missing pylons there for the specific "block" of tomcat? 

STT Radar issue is leftover code.

10 minutes ago, Luse said:

I know this is an ancient thread - I figured it's better to revive then start something new for the same topic. 

Just confirming as there are many images of cats with 54's on their rear tunnel stations as well - is this something that is being worked on or will we have missing pylons there for the specific "block" of tomcat? 

The missing pylons is due to an issue with rearming. If you begin with a new clean aircraft and mount AIM-54s the pallets should show.

The only limit in this regard is that you can not have AIM-54s without the front tunnel pallets being present as the cooling for all AIM-54s are located in those.

There's currently a new loadout lua on the way that will likely come with the next update which will restrict some of the more outlandish loadouts that shouldn't be possible.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
On 4/4/2023 at 6:08 PM, Luse said:

speaking of reviving ancient threads, i've found a short term solution. just load the glove pylon phoenixes, it'll readd the pylons

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Elliot said:

speaking of reviving ancient threads, i've found a short term solution. just load the glove pylon phoenixes, it'll readd the pylons

Wasn't it fixed in April patch?

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

4 hours ago, Elliot said:

not to my knowledge, loading belly sparrows still breaks the pylons unless you load the glove phoenixes as said above

The patch didn't fix the issues with some reloads. It restricted unrealistic loadouts.

The remaining issue has to do with model argument changes and a restriction we need help from ED with.

13 hours ago, Naquaii said:

The patch didn't fix the issues with some reloads. It restricted unrealistic loadouts. 

The remaining issue has to do with model argument changes and a restriction we need help from ED with.

that makes sense, thanks!