[UNABLE TO REPRODUCE] JDAMs wont drop on Right Wing Stations

Xeon

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask a question regarding the JDAMs in the Hornet. Just been trying to learn how to operate the JDAMs using the Pre-Planned mode. I have been flying with a friend and we both have had the same issue. For some reason we can drop both the JDAMs on the left wing however we cannot drop them on the right wing. Also when we selected the stores for the right wing on the ddi it would still drop a JDAM on the left wing. Also when we jettisoned the stores the JDAM on the Right inside pylon would not jettison.

Any help would be much apricated

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask a question regarding the JDAMs in the Hornet. Just been trying to learn how to operate the JDAMs using the Pre-Planned mode. I have been flying with a friend and we both have had the same issue. For some reason we can drop both the JDAMs on the left wing however we cannot drop them on the right wing. Also when we selected the stores for the right wing on the ddi it would still drop a JDAM on the left wing. Also when we jettisoned the stores the JDAM on the Right inside pylon would not jettison.

Any help would be much apricated

Very odd. Can you share a track file of the failed release? Needs to be short for uploading to the forum. Haven't had any issues on my side with JDAM employment - and even had to jettison them after getting jumped by two MiGs in the canyons on the Caucasus map a few days ago.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• ED Team

Did you try reproducing it yourself? Does it happen every time? If so you can try a repair, check your bindings, sometimes you might have a command assigned to more than one controller and that can freak something out.

Maybe wait a little longer when you get in range to release, or perhaps make sure you are holding the release button long enough. I am just guessing here because I couldn't get it to happen.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I think I see what's happening. Watch his Stores page right before the first release, he has Station 3 selected, but the JDAM releases from Station 2, then it steps to station 8, but the next JDAM releases from Station 3.

I think the last update that corrected the STEP order in the Stores page didn't change the release order. So even though the STEP order on the Stores page is 8-2-7-3, it's trying to release 2-3-8-7.

EDIT: attached a track file showing incorrect JDAM release order.

multi-JDAM-test.trk

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Tholozor is correct.

Had the same issues yesterday with both JDAM and JSAW.

Station 8 was selected and I pickled, resulting in a release on station 2, followed by 3. When you step through to station 8 again and pickle, plane tries to release station 2 again, even without a bomb and the store steps to 7.

Only way to release right wing stations from this point is to deselect JDAM or JSAW in the stores page and select it again. This will restart the timer but afterwards you can drop 7 and 8 normally.

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

Did you try reproducing it yourself? Does it happen every time? If so you can try a repair, check your bindings, sometimes you might have a command assigned to more than one controller and that can freak something out.

Maybe wait a little longer when you get in range to release, or perhaps make sure you are holding the release button long enough. I am just guessing here because I couldn't get it to happen.

Hi. yes I have tried it many times both in single and multiplayer always the same issue. Strangley I'm not had the same issue with the JSOW so im a bit baffled. I will try a repair on dcs thanks.

I think I see what's happening. Watch the Stores page right before the first release, Station 3 is selected, but the JDAM releases from Station 2, then it steps to station 8, but the next JDAM releases from Station 3.

I think the last update that corrected the STEP order in the Stores page didn't change the release order. So even though the STEP order on the Stores page is 8-2-7-3, it's trying to release 2-3-8-7.

EDIT: attached a track file showing incorrect JDAM release order.

Thanks ill give that a go

Tholozor is correct.

Had the same issues yesterday with both JDAM and JSAW.

Station 8 was selected and I pickled, resulting in a release on station 2, followed by 3. When you step through to station 8 again and pickle, plane tries to release station 2 again, even without a bomb and the store steps to 7.

Only way to release right wing stations from this point is to deselect JDAM or JSAW in the stores page and select it again. This will restart the timer but afterwards you can drop 7 and 8 normally.

Hadn’t noticed a drop from station 8 when station 2 was selected, but will check that one tomorrow.

I've been seeing this problem for weeks now. The worst part about it is that you can't jettison either of the JDAM on stations 7 and 8.

So are they working to fix this?

I just jettisoned jdams from all stations today, after being jumped by a bandit... not sure why they wouldn’t for you..

Master arm on? Selective jettison or Admiral’s doorbell jettison?

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Hadn’t noticed a drop from station 8 when station 2 was selected, but will check that one tomorrow.

I just jettisoned jdams from all stations today, after being jumped by a bandit... not sure why they wouldn’t for you..

Master arm on? Selective jettison or Admiral’s doorbell jettison?

Cheers,

Don

Master arm was on, and I tried both the jettison button and the selective jettison, first with the RI and RO stations selected, then all stations selected. I’ve only tried to jettison after the failed releasing condition described in this thread. I’ll have to go back and try prior to releasing anything to see if it changes anything.

I managed to stumble across the solution of deselecting and reselecting the JDAM, after which I was able to release them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master arm was on, and I tried both the jettison button and the selective jettison, first with the RI and RO stations selected, then all stations selected. I’ve only tried to jettison after the failed releasing condition described in this thread. I’ll have to go back and try prior to releasing anything to see if it changes anything.

I managed to stumble across the solution of deselecting and reselecting the JDAM, after which I was able to release them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven’t encountered the failed release personally, so might be why the jettison issue hasn’t been experienced here I suppose..

Cheers,

Don

Failure to release - track file

I've uploaded a track file to demonstrate the issue I'm seeing. I set up to drop 4 JDAM all on one target using TOO mode. I select all four stations in the QTY, and step to drop station 2 first. I'm able to drop all but station 7 and 8. Afterwards, I hit the jettison button numerous times but only station 8 is jettisoned. Further presses have no effect on station 7. I use the jettison select switch, again with no effect.

I then deselect and select the JDAM and wait for it to get aligned. Neither the jettison button nor the jettison select switch will allow me to jettison the store. I select station 7 in the QTY page and try to release the weapon, but it doesn't work. I then deselect station 7 in the QTY page and I can pickle the store.

I suspect it's all the same issue as described above, just thought I'd throw in an example. This seems weird that so few people would be seeing this issue.

2019-11-15 JDAM Test.trk

Edited by rdibley
Corrected that one of the bombs was jettisoned.

Ok, today I can certainly confirm that there is a logic "issue" with the stations selected, and the station that actually drops.....

Station 8 was selected - yet a JDAM (82) from station 3 dropped (station 3 was equipped with a double rack). The only time the selected station dropped, was when station 2 was selected - it dropped from station 2.

Had station 2 and station 8 equipped with GBU-38 (single rack).

Had station 3 and station 7 equipped with GBU-38 (double rack).

Oddly enough - all bombs hit the target....... So confused - I can't really even understand how it can drop from an non selected station - yet hit the coordinates that were entered from another station. Test was done in a multiple hour MP session today, hence the lack of track file to add to the pot. I will be out of the country for the next week - so unable to assist during that time, but will certainly be monitoring the forum and thread.

Cheers,

Don

Same thing is happening to me, only dropping JDAMs from the left wing, and though I need to test it again I may have found a work around.

When selecting the quantity to drop I selected the stations in the order they should drop in, ie 2,8,3,7. This seemed to do the trick and they all dropped.

Only had time to test his once so may have been a fluke, and this was with a single bomb per pylon.

Same thing is happening to me, only dropping JDAMs from the left wing, and though I need to test it again I may have found a work around.

When selecting the quantity to drop I selected the stations in the order they should drop in, ie 2,8,3,7. This seemed to do the trick and they all dropped.

Only had time to test his once so may have been a fluke, and this was with a single bomb per pylon.

Will try this next time. I had rather confusing results the few times I tried to drop JDAMs in PP mode, always on the right wing. I hope the devs have an eye on this.

Greetings, Nils :joystick:

--

i7 4790k, RTX 2060, 16 GB RAM

• ED Team

Hi all

thank you for the track replays.

We have been trying to reproduce but have been unable so far, but we will keep trying.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks Bignewy, was anyone able to check the track I posted a while back regarding the release order? (If everything on there is a-okay, then I would venture to guess it's fixed internally).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4100308&postcount=8

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

I just successfully released JDAMS (82s) from both outer wing stations today, both in single and double rack variants. Via PP and TOO modes. Not sure what is up, but seems functional on my side...

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

Funnily enough, I've had exactly the same problem yesterday in OB while dropping 4xGBU-31 in PP mode at once. Right wing stations didn't drop. But I've got hard time reproducing it with 100% accuracy.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |