Anyone sell home cockpits?

Bdoyle13

Hey all,

I would love to buy a home cockpit but every website I find wants over $10,000 for a set up cockpit.

I don't just want a chair and a screen in front of me.

I just spent $4,500 on a computer and more on oculus, wall mounts, speakers etc.

Now I'd like to find a pit / cockpit with some working button and the 3 small screens in an F-18.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

The cheapest fully working cockpit I found was $18,000, or does someone have plans and links to make your own without spending over $5,000

Thanks a ton

Asus Prime Z390-A Motherboard LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen)

Intel Core i7-9700K Coffee Lake 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.9 GHz Turbo) Desktop Processor Intel UHD Graphics 630, 32gb DDR Ram CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 DRAM ,   Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Xtreme 10G 2.0, Corsair H115i RGB Platinum AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, Intel 115X/2066, AMD AM4/TR4, Corsair CP-9020180-NA RMX Series RM850x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply, 4 SSD 1TB

Hello Bdoyle13

I am exactly in the same situation as you and also interested in such a front panel (3 DDI's, UFC, IFEI and some switches and knobs).

It seems that Dogfight Boss will be our friend. I talked with Lukas and they are now making such a front panel (they call it lite cockpit). Of course you could buy other parts of tve cockpit later but with this solution you don't need to buy the whole cockpit!

Stay tuned for more news on their website (http://www.dogfightboss.com) or facebook page

Cheers

Weasel

Just a question, if you're going to be flying in VR, what will you do with the small displays?

Don't get me wrong, I get the idea of the touchy feely controls.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Just a question, if you're going to be flying in VR, what will you do with the small displays?

Don't get me wrong, I get the idea of the touchy feely controls.

For family and friends that can't do VR, plus for days I'd rather not

Intel Core i7-9700K Coffee Lake 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.9 GHz Turbo) Desktop Processor Intel UHD Graphics 630, 32gb DDR Ram CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 DRAM ,   Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Xtreme 10G 2.0, Corsair H115i RGB Platinum AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, Intel 115X/2066, AMD AM4/TR4, Corsair CP-9020180-NA RMX Series RM850x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply, 4 SSD 1TB

I do Guys

I sell the CAD Plans for the P-51D, F-16C and the F/A-18 (working on the F-14 now.)

I also sell the kits where everything is precut and all you do is screw it together.

Here are some links showing the CAD Plans and Kits

Send me a PM for pricing

CAD Plans - https://imgur.com/user/stang51

Kits - https://imgur.com/gallery/lkA9J

Aces II Kits for the A-10, F-15 & F-16 - https://imgur.com/gallery/RYI4S

3D assembly instructions for the Aces II Kit - https://imgur.com/gallery/7gLd7

Aces II Ejection Seat I built and was featured in the Iron Man Movie - https://imgur.com/gallery/ywzvAuU

F-16 Cockpit Build Pics - https://pbase.com/tejay/karens_cockpit

Just let me know if I can help.

Stang out

I've been back and forth contemplating what I want to do. I fly the 18 more than anything, but that might sway to the 16, but still fly the harrier and a-10 plenty, and of course the huey, ka-50, or sometimes older jets. So what kind of pit do you build?

I'm 100% VR... don't think i've ever even played DCS 2d. Actually, never played a sim at all outside training until little over a year ago

But I know I don't want to hunt around for key combinations, I can't pause because I am almost always online or small group of RL buddies. But trying to come up with a universal cockpit is difficult. And, i hate crappy controls... i've learned that much. I don't want to fly a helo without a cyclic/collective, or a f-16 without a SSC.

I've looked around a bit and there are a few turn key builders, in addition to dogfightboss there is viperwing. There stuff is spendy as well, and tailored to specific airframe.

That white f-16 one from viperwing is sick looking. I've chatted a bit with realsimulators and they are awesome. Whatever I end up with I want out of my office and into my movie/game room. I've got tiered theater seats and a bar there I don't want some homemade MDF monstrosity. My divorce was expensive I don't want to ruin it.

Stang I saw your post before and the plans are very thorough... I haven't seen any completed builds though. WOuld be helpful to see.

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

Hi Sk000tch,

Check the links in the post above I made.

It has links to builds.

I also do custom work, if you want something more generic that suits multiple flight platforms.

Let me know if I can help.

Stang out

I've been back and forth contemplating what I want to do. I fly the 18 more than anything, but that might sway to the 16, but still fly the harrier and a-10 plenty, and of course the huey, ka-50, or sometimes older jets. So what kind of pit do you build?

I'm 100% VR... don't think i've ever even played DCS 2d. Actually, never played a sim at all outside training until little over a year ago

But I know I don't want to hunt around for key combinations, I can't pause because I am almost always online or small group of RL buddies. But trying to come up with a universal cockpit is difficult. And, i hate crappy controls... i've learned that much. I don't want to fly a helo without a cyclic/collective, or a f-16 without a SSC.

I've looked around a bit and there are a few turn key builders, in addition to dogfightboss there is viperwing. There stuff is spendy as well, and tailored to specific airframe.

That white f-16 one from viperwing is sick looking. I've chatted a bit with realsimulators and they are awesome. Whatever I end up with I want out of my office and into my movie/game room. I've got tiered theater seats and a bar there I don't want some homemade MDF monstrosity. My divorce was expensive I don't want to ruin it.

Stang I saw your post before and the plans are very thorough... I haven't seen any completed builds though. WOuld be helpful to see.

I’m building a full-on hornet pit at the moment. 100% VR also. Going through several iterations and now have a skeleton type of thing with all the panels and switches in their places. It is absolutely great for the F18. For all other aircraft, it can be a little confusing as to what control is where for each a/c. If you are not dead set on any specific a/c build, a generic layout that has all the necessary controls that are common to all a/c. ie. gear, flaps, hook, canopy, etc. This way it is way easier to remember what’s what. As to the tub design a question is mainly the seating position. Laid back easy chair(F16), more upright(A10) or comfy in-between (F18 ) You can build any of these frames and just use generic switch layout on all the panels. All these designs have room for 2 or 3 MFD’s. Let’s face it, a full-on F18 pit has A LOT of switches that you never use.

My 2 c’s

Edited by Battis

i9-9900K 4,9Ghz, 2080ti, 32Gb, 1Gb m.2, Index, WinWing throttle, Baur BRD-N, Crosswind pedals, Orbwiever and tm mfd`s, all in a Hornet simpit.

But doable :) Under 6 months work so far..

Very beautiful, some great craftsmanship there Spitty! A real labor of love!

Do you sell them? If so at what cost?

Compared to two weeks work with CNC cut plywood and glue..

Paint-Fuse-UC2-1024x834.jpg?ssl=1

or six months to complete the whole thing..

You makes your choices and flies your plane I guess...:pilotfly:

Cockpit14.jpg?ssl=1

For a customer so will add it all up at the end...Wood is nice but heavy.:)

The detail in her is astounding..

You're doing a great Job Spitty! :thumbsup: Well done!

As for the weight of the wood, the frames are hollow section sandwiches, so as it stands there, the fuselage (without the wing cradle) weighs 37,7kg. I expect heavier than aluminium, not sure by how much?

Edited by shreddersa

Battis,

Got any pics?

I’m building a full-on hornet pit at the moment. 100% VR also. Going through several iterations and now have a skeleton type of thing with all the panels and switches in their places. It is absolutely great for the F18. For all other aircraft, it can be a little confusing as to what control is where for each a/c. If you are not dead set on any specific a/c build, a generic layout that has all the necessary controls that are common to all a/c. ie. gear, flaps, hook, canopy, etc. This way it is way easier to remember what’s what. As to the tub design a question is mainly the seating position. Laid back easy chair(F16), more upright(A10) or comfy in-between (F18 ) You can build any of these frames and just use generic switch layout on all the panels. All these designs have room for 2 or 3 MFD’s. Let’s face it, a full-on F18 pit has A LOT of switches that you never use.

My 2 c’s

Sorry, OP! I don’t intend to hijack your thread.

Here’s from previous iteration of my pit. It allready includes the BuddyFox A10 UFC. The current build will also include some Viggen panels and some modifications to the standby instrument and IFEI areas. Possibly a mouse tray and Harrier weapons panel. We’ll see if that works out without being too confusing. Preferably I’d like some modularity, ie, able to swap the f18 ufc with f16 icp. Same with throttle.

412E2EAD-4287-4C06-B6B1-3AB05479CB3C.thumb.jpeg.8490dc956c7a57de9be5b5d59d9bbb44.jpeg

i9-9900K 4,9Ghz, 2080ti, 32Gb, 1Gb m.2, Index, WinWing throttle, Baur BRD-N, Crosswind pedals, Orbwiever and tm mfd`s, all in a Hornet simpit.

Hey all,

I would love to buy a home cockpit but every website I find wants over $10,000 for a set up cockpit.

I don't just want a chair and a screen in front of me.

I just spent $4,500 on a computer and more on oculus, wall mounts, speakers etc.

Now I'd like to find a pit / cockpit with some working button and the 3 small screens in an F-18.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

The cheapest fully working cockpit I found was $18,000, or does someone have plans and links to make your own without spending over $5,000

Thanks a ton

Hi Bdoyle. Here's a link to my pit build if it helps....? https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243783

Sinclair ZX81 - 1K RAM - 16K Wobbly Ram Pack - Tape Drive - Kempston Joystick :helpsmilie: