WINWING F/A-18C HOTAS 2019.11.11 RELEASE

WINWING

Eloquent as always Jabbers! I really hope they can bring forward as high quality a product as they seem to intend too. Still waiting for a throttle only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Second that motion. The credit card comes out when I can get the throttle stand-alone (and they get the kinks ironed out).

Jabbers, awesome post. Balanced, fair, utterly lacking in extremism (and drama). Hugely appreciated, as well.

That was the wrong way to do the testing. They should have sent the product to Jabbers and other testers to only test and not review. After the testing was done they could send back the product and receive the final version to review.

Buzz

That was the wrong way to do the testing. They should have sent the product to Jabbers and other testers to only test and not review. After the testing was done they could send back the product and receive the final version to review.

Wrong thing was to open pre-order until the item was polished, anyways I think it is worth waiting. just very irritating this "few days" and "next week" thing from Winwing, that is not a serious approach, if they have issues should apologize and tell us what is going on. it not 10$ or 100$ item to act like that. a lot of people will think twice before purchasing this set, as problems with a warranty may be more serious.

As I understand reviewers cannot confirm the quality and materials of the item, winwing claims it is steel and aluminum durable materials, I hope it is true and not some kind of cheap aloe that will break soon.

Second that motion. The credit card comes out when I can get the throttle stand-alone (and they get the kinks ironed out).

Jabbers, awesome post. Balanced, fair, utterly lacking in extremism (and drama). Hugely appreciated, as well.

I mean, for the right price I'd even take one of the not quite right throttles. I bet I can fabricobble it to work fine.

Announcement:

1. About the product improvement plan: We have maintained communication with the reviewers, tracking the quality and performance of each HOTAS engineering samples and record and feedback one by one. Through their feedback, we will make further improvements. For the quality problem, we solve it one by one with zero tolerance. For the performance problem, we respect the opinions of most users as much as possible (such as HARD CAM and SOFT CAM). We thank these reviewers for their contributions! We apologize for the delay in delivery caused by these problems!

2. About evaluation: Whether it is private or public, we support streamer to express the most realistic and objective feelings, so that we can help us make the most perfect product! We don't let the streamer shut up,lies or attack other brands through threats or money support. Instead, we encourage them to evaluate our products objectively and fairly, which also allows customers to see the improvements and optimizations we made during the delay! As for the streamer's focus on the performance or quality of the engineering samples, this is completely their freedom of speech!

3. About the paid order: We sent the engineering samples to hope that the experienced streamer can help us improve the user experience and find problems, and help more players to understand the product experience from them. We don't mind if they announce the problem/improvement list. Of course, if you are worried that the HOTAS you purchased will have the same problem as the engineering prototype, we understand your mood, you can choose to contact us by email (info@winwing.cn), our The refund rate is very fast!

Websit:http://WWW.WINWING.CN

FULL METAL F/A-18 HOTAS MANUFACTURER

(Include F18 Joystick/Throttle/Grip/Panels)

FACEBOOK GROUP:https://www.facebook.com/groups/HOTAS/

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK :https://www.facebook.com/winwing.cn/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

for the reviewers of the product - were you able to use the finger lifts to start the engines or did you have to revert back to keyboard for that? Also does the idle / off detent work for shutting the engines down?

If I spend $900+ on a stick and throttle, I want to eliminate the keyboard use as much as possible.

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

for the reviewers of the product - were you able to use the finger lifts to start the engines or did you have to revert back to keyboard for that? Also does the idle / off detent work for shutting the engines down?

If I spend $900+ on a stick and throttle, I want to eliminate the keyboard use as much as possible.

Yes this works, just like the warthog.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Winwing sent us Product for a public review.

Now they start to claim that the Product where sent for evaluation and feedback to Winwing.

That was not exactly the initial deal. Product where sent for review. Facing a number of design mistake and disappointing aspects, testers spent a lot of time communicating with Winwing to help them to improve the product or simply check if the wrong stuff was going to be in the final release for an honest review.

Winwing have been smart enough to move the right way, delay the production, correct a list of issues. Now, the testers are hoping for a better product, but it’s all on Winwing right now. Final conclusion can only comes with the test of the revised product.

To be fully honest for our readers we will publish the review with all problems and good things encountered and update it when the final product ll be available.

Without “Insane” or “great” every 10 words after 10 min of flight….

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Never said there were flaps controls. He asked about the idle stop.

Yeah, you are right. You didn't mention flap control, but regardless of what you said / he said / she said, the OP makes a good point. We have stuff like engine crank which you only use at the start of a flight and then no more and other hardly used buttons on the throttle key panel. But you don't have basic flight controls referenced frequently on the key panel in flight, like flap control. Also the zoom function (which while not a flight control) is very useful for DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, you are right. You didn't mention flap control, but regardless of what you said / he said / she said, the OP makes a good point. We have stuff like engine crank which you only use at the start of a flight and then no more and other hardly used buttons on the throttle key panel. But you don't have basic flight controls referenced frequently on the key panel in flight, like flap control. Also the zoom function (which while not a flight control) is very useful for DCS.

They seem to have kept it close to the original layout with the exception of moving some right hand start up controls into their panel. They have hinted at additional panels coming later. It’s one of those small details that makes me really want to wait for just the throttle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had a good long think about it and I'm out. I've emailed WinWing to cancel my order.

I agree that it's a good thing for WinWing to improve the product based on 'reviewer' feedback, I have no problem at all with that.

However, this is an already established company in the commercial/professional sim market and therefore:

- The hardware faults shouldn't be appearing with such little use. Commercial users are generally far more demanding and rough on hardware than home users.

- The preorder timeline is a major problem for me. Given how long it took to provide an engineering sample to reviewers, I find the original estimate of August, which I think was only a month or so after the preorder opened, so wildly inaccurate that I can only see it as a ruse, or commercial lie, to generate immediate interest and revenue.

Delays happen, particularly with a new product, but an initial estimate of one month blowing out to five isn't credible. Given it took more than three months for engineering samples to reach 'reviewers', did anyone at WinWing think an August release was feasible? I don't believe so.

Imagine if the original preorder had given November as an expected release date... I think there may have been slightly fewer preorders, at least initially, but I think the mood toward WinWing would be far more positive.

It's a pity because I want them to succeed, but for now WinWing has cashed in their commercial credibility with me. I'll likely purchase version 2 or 3 of the throttle, but only when there is stock on the shelf.

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

Understood, and agree... but WINWING has stated they left gear/flaps out because it is on a separate panel they are selling.

My response was in relation to the singular question that was asked about the finger lifts and idle detent... which is why I quoted him, nothing more, lets please keep it on topic

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

I've had a good long think about it and I'm out. I've emailed WinWing to cancel my order.

I agree that it's a good thing for WinWing to improve the product based on 'reviewer' feedback, I have no problem at all with that.

However, this is an already established company in the commercial/professional sim market and therefore:

- The hardware faults shouldn't be appearing with such little use. Commercial users are generally far more demanding and rough on hardware than home users.

- The preorder timeline is a major problem for me. Given how long it took to provide an engineering sample to reviewers, I find the original estimate of August, which I think was only a month or so after the preorder opened, so wildly inaccurate that I can only see it as a ruse, or commercial lie, to generate immediate interest and revenue.

Delays happen, particularly with a new product, but an initial estimate of one month blowing out to five isn't credible. Given it took more than three months for engineering samples to reach 'reviewers', did anyone at WinWing think an August release was feasible? I don't believe so.

Imagine if the original preorder had given November as an expected release date... I think there may have been slightly fewer preorders, at least initially, but I think the mood toward WinWing would be far more positive.

It's a pity because I want them to succeed, but for now WinWing has cashed in their commercial credibility with me. I'll likely purchase version 2 or 3 of the throttle, but only when there is stock on the shelf.

- Bear

I feel the same exact way. I hated to do it but the wiring issues and altering the description of what was sent to reviewers has me a bit concerned.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Read the last line of the post you were replying to.

He wants to use the keyboard as least as possible.

ergo. No flaps control.

YA but both flaps and gear as well as zoom could be stuck on another switch, I've already done this myself, sticking idle detent on a switch is silly

Announcement:

1. About the product improvement plan: We have maintained communication with the reviewers, tracking the quality and performance of each HOTAS engineering samples and record and feedback one by one. Through their feedback, we will make further improvements. For the quality problem, we solve it one by one with zero tolerance. For the performance problem, we respect the opinions of most users as much as possible (such as HARD CAM and SOFT CAM). We thank these reviewers for their contributions! We apologize for the delay in delivery caused by these problems!

2. About evaluation: Whether it is private or public, we support streamer to express the most realistic and objective feelings, so that we can help us make the most perfect product! We don't let the streamer shut up,lies or attack other brands through threats or money support. Instead, we encourage them to evaluate our products objectively and fairly, which also allows customers to see the improvements and optimizations we made during the delay! As for the streamer's focus on the performance or quality of the engineering samples, this is completely their freedom of speech!

3. About the paid order: We sent the engineering samples to hope that the experienced streamer can help us improve the user experience and find problems, and help more players to understand the product experience from them. We don't mind if they announce the problem/improvement list. Of course, if you are worried that the HOTAS you purchased will have the same problem as the engineering prototype, we understand your mood, you can choose to contact us by email (info@winwing.cn), our The refund rate is very fast!

So WHEN are you going to send me my set? date please without any " soon" or "a few days". Very simple question. Do the right thing, be honest

Jabbers was right - I was asking about idle detent because the implementation of it was quoted as a concern by one of the initial reviewers. I also agree with Jabbers that I can repurpose a switch for now to handle the flaps with one of the other less used switches.

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs