JA 37 Viggen in the future? PLEASE make it happend!

DarkStar79

Actually, perhaps MAC may create an incentive for Heatblur to make a JA 37, even a JA 37D perhaps.

Back before Viggen was released, someone from the team (probably Cobra but not sure) was saying that they may perhaps consider JA 37 at FC3 level as an addition, but fast forward some years, we know that their hands are full with both Viggen and Tomcat.

If MAC proves popular, some of the projects like FC3 level variants like that may become more feasible for devs, which down the line, may make it easier to see them in a DCS module eventually.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

• 1 year later...
On 11/12/2019 at 8:20 AM, Skyracer said:

Viggens first data link was only fighter to fighter. But after the system got upgraded and you could the entire 4-ship. Even the GCI (RRJAL) could se the fighters on link.

stric.jpg

Some screenshots of the new upcoming module :lol: :music_whistling:

Screen_191109_181536.png

Screen_191112_143318.png

Screen_191111_234051.png

Hm yes how can I make a Viggen fire AMRAAMS would be pretty fun

On 11/14/2019 at 3:25 PM, QuiGon said:

The Tornado IDS doesn't even have an air radar, just like the AJ(S)37 😉

The Tornado GMR is capable of STT other aircraft. They can at least do a 1 bar scan.

Although the range is really poor, only with dry air (Holloman) and that 1 bar scan they achieved something like 40-60nm (thats optimal conditions and you are not scanning a large vertical area with 1 bar...)

Don't know the AZ settings and probably on large targets as well.

It was more like 10-20 nm in the normal German or Labrador environment.

Edited by Bananabrai

Alias in Discord: Mailman

3 minutes ago, Bananabrai said:

The Tornado GMR is capable of STT other aircraft. They can at least do a 1 bar scan.

Although the range is really poor, only with dry air and that 1 bar scan they achieved something like 40-60nm in optimal conditions.

Probably on large targets as well.

Indeed, AFAIK this was/is often used by Tornado crews to locate their tanker, especially in poor visibility conditions.

Same is true for the ground radar of the AJ(S)37 Viggen, which even has a very rudimentary air to air radar mode, that gives range cues fot the Sidewinder.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 11/14/2019 at 2:59 PM, TOViper said:

For me the JA version would be a wonderful experience.

It is most probably like distinguishing the IDS Tornado and the ADV variant back in 1991, when Tornado came out.

The ADV was a little more powerful, had the skyflash missile, and the air radar was more powerful (hope I remember right).

All this in DCS, and ... my social life is then totally gone.

I mean ... if HB decides to make the Tornado before the AJ ... hmm .. OK 🙂

Well, I think the JA was better than the ADV, comparing both to their A-G variants, at least in terms of power.

I don't know how much the engine of the JA differs from the AJs, but the ADVs engines were not different enough from the IDSs engines, so it was underpowered in terms of A-A. ADV could have not pulled a SR-71 'intercept' I guess.

System wise I imagine it beeing the same as IDS vs AJ, it's a twin seater, Panavia cramped more systems in there, and is was supposed to fight beyond home country.

Even some IDS drivers said  the could have needed 10-15% more thrust, at least the ECR engines have a little more oomph.

I think the Viggen guys were happy with their engine, I imagine them wanting to have systems of the IDS.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

1 minute ago, Bananabrai said:

Well, I think the JA was better than the ADV, comparing both to their A-G variants, at least in terms of power.

I don't know how much the engine of the JA differs from the AJs, but the ADVs engines were not different enough from the IDSs engines, so it was underpowered in terms of A-A. ADV could have not pulled a SR-71 'intercept' I guess.

System wise I imagine it beeing the same as IDS vs AJ, it's a twin seater, Panavia cramped more systems in there, and is was supposed to fight beyond home country.

Even some IDS drivers said  the could have needed 10-15% more thrust, at least the ECR engines have a little more oomph.

I think the Viggen guys were happy with their engine, I imagine them wanting to have systems of the IDS.

The RM-8B of the JA had a tad more power and was less susceptible to compressor stalls than the RM-8A of the AJ(S).

System wise the JA was a totally different beast than the AJ, having things like a digital map display and fighter-fighter data link.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg