New Midway Movie

MegOhm_SD

I went to the theater Sunday to see the New Midway Movie in RPX.

I had not even heard about it until last week. It was not overly advertised for some reason.

Fitting for near Veterans Day.

To my surprise, Pearl Harbor, Doolittle's Raid in addition to Midway was covered.

The aerial Combat scenes seemed a little overdone but really made you feel like you would die any given second. Maybe that is the way it was.

But overall, it was a really good movie for me and I enjoyed it with my popcorn-chocolate-coke

Trailer:

To all my fellow Veterans, Thank You for Your Service and Sacrifices.

<S>

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I also saw this movie yesterday and thought it was a little over the top in some areas, but overall it was a good movie worth seeing.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

It's a shame they almost always go for this kind of over the top action these days. It's just desensitizing.

I loved the aerial sequences in Dunkirk for their realness and simplicity.

But even with CGI you could make something look more realistic and grounded.

I am so glad hat for Top Gun Maverick, they have opted to go for all real footage.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

@Boris

In their defense, that's a little harder to do with warbirds =)

If you do it with just 2 Spits and one 109, it might look great and real for us enthusiasts, but you get bashed by the masses. Oh my. :music_whistling:

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

If you do it with just 2 Spits and one 109, it might look great and real for us enthusiasts, but you get bashed by the masses. Oh my. :music_whistling:

Unfortunately true:cry:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 3 months later...

I saw it today. In a nutshell...

1. A lot of gritting teeth and unrealistic CGI action shots. (Do movie CGI air combat scenes annoy you too? I guess because I have read about, studied and simmed air combat, that I am more critical than most. Not necessarily learned.)

2. Some good historical inclusions, but I think it lacked in this department and gave way too much to point 1 and endless explosions and swarms of planes all squashed into the frame.

I suppose I did like it. It's still worth a watch.

Apart from some of the over the top CGI, it was better than the other love movie trying to post as an historical movie.

Considering the AAA Actors Cast in this movie, I'm surprised they didnt advertise it more.

Mandy Moore, Luke Evans, Dennis Quaid, Nick Jonas, Woody Harrelson, Aaron Eckhart, David Hewlett,

And About 2 Dozen AA Actors... (Granted David's part was short, and most people consider him AA still, his work on Stargate Atlantis / SG-1/ Universe Alone makes him AAA in my book.)

CGI while over the top in some scenes, for theatrical purposes, was still significantly believe-able.

The Story while not 100% Accurate on some things vs History Classes and Books, was still better adapted for theatre than P.H.

The overall emotion in the movie and the feel of it was significantly better.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Yes that other love movie irritated me too. I tell people about why it irritated me - people outside these sort of circles here - and they just don't understand. And agreed, Midway was better than it, much better.

I'll rate Midway as follows:

Subject interest, eye candy and I love planes n stuff: 9.5/10

A movie compared to all others: 7/10

Yes that other love movie irritated me too.

Hans Zimmer - Tennesee was the only thing good that came out of that movie.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs