NEW Cockpit, NVG, Radio and ECM

=DECOY=

So where are flare/chaff counters now?

I had a blast chasing down fighters yesterday, but couldn't see the countermeasures tuicking down anywhere.

There is no numeric counter anymore, only the low / out indication lights.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Is it only me finding the cockpit very very dark?

In thrust we trust :thumbup:

Falls jemand Montags Abends Lust hat mit uns zusammen zu fliegen und Spass zu haben (Anfänger sind auch herzlich willkommen) kann gerne auf unserer Website: https://www.jg-frankonia.de vorbeischauen oder sich direkt bei uns im Discord melden: https://discord.gg/vHEJf3c

Eigene Server und viel Spass sind vorhanden :thumbup:

Yeah, that's probably only you

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

TY. I will recheck this

In thrust we trust :thumbup:

Falls jemand Montags Abends Lust hat mit uns zusammen zu fliegen und Spass zu haben (Anfänger sind auch herzlich willkommen) kann gerne auf unserer Website: https://www.jg-frankonia.de vorbeischauen oder sich direkt bei uns im Discord melden: https://discord.gg/vHEJf3c

Eigene Server und viel Spass sind vorhanden :thumbup:

Baltic Dragon is going to update the manual and some of the training missions once Razbam is done with the Mirage overhaul. Meanwhile you can watch the video Razbam uploaded on their Youtube channel to show the new radio.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

No. This totally reminds me of the MiG-19 cockpit when it was released where you couldn't even tell the blue from the green radio, which later has been fixed thankfully. Some parts are just pitch black, and even with 2.8 gamma I can make out quite some switches just by catching the labels. The old M2k cockpit was a lot brighter, albeit it was pretty dark already compared to other modules...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Baltic Dragon is going to update the manual and some of the training missions once Razbam is done with the Mirage overhaul. Meanwhile you can watch the video Razbam uploaded on their Youtube channel to show the new radio.

Thank you very much for the update, I was just pointing this out in case if it was missed somehow.

• 3 weeks later...
Nope I hopped back in the mirage yesterday. Very dark even with the clear brighter mod. I'm in VR on a HP reverb so can't talk about screen contrast. I guess I will need to try increasing the gamma more?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Nope I hopped back in the mirage yesterday. Very dark even with the clear brighter mod. I'm in VR on a HP reverb so can't talk about screen contrast. I guess I will need to try increasing the gamma more?

Have you tried without the mod ?

Maybe the mod does not work well with the new textures.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Have you tried without the mod ?

Maybe the mod does not work well with the new textures.

Yea without the mod it is definitely darker. The mod does make it a bit brighter but still not enough to see anything on the left side upper part of the radio panel. I agree that the new textures do not work well with the mod since the pics from the mod don't look like what I'm seeing.

I'll try without the mod and just jack up the contrast to see if that does anything.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

The picture through the NVG is much more sharp in the video posted by RB than what I get on my computer. It doesn't seem to be a resolution issue but more like "out of focus". The outside world is pretty sharp but inside the cockpit I can read nothing but the HUD. Like the NVG is focused in infinity. Anyone else having the same? Solution?

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

The picture through the NVG is much more sharp in the video posted by RB than what I get on my computer. It doesn't seem to be a resolution issue but more like "out of focus". The outside world is pretty sharp but inside the cockpit I can read nothing but the HUD. Like the NVG is focused in infinity. Anyone else having the same? Solution?

Long story short...this is the intended behavior and standard DCS NVG.

I'm not pilot but I had the opportunity to fly in the back of helicopter with NVG. You have to focus it, and you do focus it to infinity because you want it to look at the outside.

To look inside you just lower you eyes to look below it.

Yet there is a problem in VR because it's full screen, so you can't look below it.

VR headsets have FoV > 100° and real NVG are around 40° (excepted quad tubes NVG but that's another story).

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

The implementation definitely seems accurate, I was mostly referring to the

RB posted at the release of the new features. There the picture is not terribly blurry, especially when zoomed in you can properly read the radar display. IDK, it might have been made with an early built WIP?

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

It seems as thought the Chuck's guide is updated for the new cockpit, everything seems to be explained nicely, except for air-to-ground guns, it says you should see "KF2" or something on the cannon button, but I never see that, although A2G guns mode does engage. Maybe it doesn't do that if you set the cockpit to english mode?

It seems as thought the Chuck's guide is updated for the new cockpit, everything seems to be explained nicely, except for air-to-ground guns, it says you should see "KF2" or something on the cannon button, but I never see that, although A2G guns mode does engage. Maybe it doesn't do that if you set the cockpit to english mode?

The PCA texture has been updated after Chuck’s guide writing.

The AG gun button (CAS) should use the same S|P logic as others weapon selection buttons.

S: Sélectionné/ Selected

P: Prêt/ Ready

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi