SZS : F/A-18 Super Hornet Project

My work is Not Affiliated w/ the Community Super Hornet Mod, Nor Former Coretex Designs.

I posted this a while ago on my FB Page, and it got negative comments, so i didnt post it here, but I will now: (March 22nd, 2020).

And Response to users claiming it was a bad form to post something negative.

Here does not appear anything negative, just stating differences. The more mods, the merrier!!! Ride on, Skatezilla.

PS: I can not imagine my DCS life being quite the same without the "DCS Update Utility".

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

"PS: I can not imagine my DCS life being quite the same without the "DCS Update Utility"."

+1 here! awesome utility. Love your work SkateZilla, and i´m eager for your Rhino mod from long ago. Don´t let negative comments put you down or whatsoever.

Thank you once again and keep up!

Best wishes,

Fagulha.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 3 weeks later...

Good Day Pilots (Update taken from larger FB Post):

Sorry for the lack of communication regarding projects I'm working on, it's been a bit hectic lately, with CoV19, reduced working hours and reduced income, I was forced to stop work on projects to secure income to cover my living expenses etc.

F/A-18E,F,G:

Work slowly progressing on this project 3D and code wise in small work sessions.

Code wise is mainly adding systems and parameters for the AI to Correctly behave within the new Super Carrier environment. (including 3D Animations), as well as coding other subsystems for the AI to use. and cleaning up the entire weapons database of weapons, both integrated in DCS and New ones.

3D wise is Mainly Cleaning/Rebuilding model for accuracy, several more parts have been rebuilt and given generic UVW Textures, I plan to rebuild at least a dozen more parts as well using images I had already taken; while I wait for access to get clear HDR Color and Depth scans of the aircraft for new 4K+ textures (Likely going to 8K and combining/merging them), as Part of the model cleaning, I am cleaning up and moving some UVW Coordinates around, as they were poorly placed or unwrapped originally, causing texture stretching and deformation.

Once the unwrapping and most likely merging is complete, work will begin on a large Master Texture instead of 5 Main Individuals (Nose, Upper Fus, Lower Fus, Left Wing, Right Wing) and Several Smaller ones (Stores, Pilots, Weapons, Pods and other things. )

Merging them to a Single 8K UVW Map and Texture will allow for higher resolution mapping of these items and substantially quicker turnaround going from E to F to G Textures as I will have all common parts done on a single template and individual E,F,G Items will all be present on same template, allowing easy transition through all 3 variants, as a Single PBR Texture Set would be needed for all 3 VARIANTS, instead of 15+).

Once the Textures are done, Work will begin on revamping the licensed Pilot Model to more Modern Equip., Convert to PBR, Rig, and Animate all the new Animations for both Pilot and WSO.

After 3D Assets are all finished, work will return to the damage model textures, which would be substantially quicker using a single 8K Texture instead of 15, Damage will also need new meshes for internal structure and details that arent present on the current model (Internal frame work, Radar (if nose is damaged), some service hatches, etc etc. so holes will not simply be "holes", but will have some internal detail).

The Basic Engine Intake and Exhaust on the External Model will also be rebuilt to include the entire engine, for service animation purposes (as well as detail in flight). Smaller Items like Chocks, Tags, Tie Down Chains and Covers will also be added.

After the 3D Model itself is close to ready, one more pass will be conducted on the lighting textures and effects, and then clean up any remaining un-used project textures.

Systems and Coding should be a pretty quick turnaround as I have been adding things nearly daily in small increments.

There is a plan right now to also License a F/A-18D Model, and use that to complete the Hornet Series, Possibly shifting the Name to Boeing Assets Pack (if this plan makes it through to actual design and working phase), right now it's just a top priority idea.

For Clarification:

The External Models (E,F,G and Pilot), were Licensed via TurboSquid from Author File404. None of the 3D Assets being used in my project were given to me or obtained in any way from any other previous or current developer of DCS Super Hornet Modules, (This Includes Coretex Designs as well as the Community Super Hornet Mod Team).

My Project will be Primarily an AI Module, therefore would not fall victim to any sort of DLL / DRM conflicts that the other "Mods" have.

The Authentic/Unique Cockpit Model, Textures, Custom Systems, and Custom EFM DLL will be removed from public version.

All 3D, Texture, UI Art and Code assets will be self contained within the Module itself and will not rely on any other DCS Module in any way.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 2

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thank you for the update.

Hope all goes better from now on.

Wish you the best.

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

The F-5A mod is abandoned or simply on hold?

on Hold as of right now.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Will the Super Hornet AI also have an aerial refueling capability that other aircraft can use?

Tanker Variant is Planned yes

• 3 months later...
The community stopped paying interest in a mod that will never see the light of day.

What's that supposed to mean?

No lol I'm definitely talking about this one.

well, that's entirely your decision and opinion and I respect that..

I look forward to releasing it when it's ready, when that is depends on life.

• Like 1

well, that's entirely your decision and opinion and I respect that..

I look forward to releasing it when it's ready, when that is depends on life.

And the F-5A? New droptank and wingtip tanks?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Do Skate work for you?or did you pay him something?

I mean he is doing nice stuff in his free time and for free (like the updater utility for example) we should just thank him a patiently wait for other mods to be released...

• Like 1

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Do Skate work for you?or did you pay him something?

I mean he is doing nice stuff in his free time and for free (like the updater utility for example) we should just thank him a patiently wait for other mods to be released...

I have plans for the "F-5A Wingtip Tanks" mod, everything outside of DCS Testing is pretty much back burner due to time, working, and traveling for work. When I am home, I try to do my part in testing as much as possible.

The Stability and Future of DCS means a lot to me and trust me I want my Superbugs to be on the Deck with you guys as soon as possible.

Due to CoVid, I am the only Person in my entire region that has the experience and ability to do a lot of things that need to be done for my Employer, so I'm bouncing around between 6 different locations.

And when I do get back to my home location, I usually have a long catch up list I have to work through.

in the words of Tron: I fight for the users.

• Like 6

I have plans for the "F-5A Wingtip Tanks" mod, everything outside of DCS Testing is pretty much back burner due to time, working, and traveling for work. When I am home, I try to do my part in testing as much as possible.

The Stability and Future of DCS means a lot to me and trust me I want my Superbugs to be on the Deck with you guys as soon as possible.

Is good news seeing this still being planned. Real life always come first, stay safe!

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Due to CoVid, I am the only Person in my entire region that has the experience and ability to do a lot of things that need to be done for my Employer, so I'm bouncing around between 6 different locations.

And when I do get back to my home location, I usually have a long catch up list I have to work through.

in the words of Tron: I fight for the users.

Life is pain. I understand you. I´m on same boat. Work takes my life and all my time nowadays because the companys are cutting expenses in everything including personnel. We were 3 in my job office in my town, i´m alone doing work of 3 persons or more.

I´m very eager for this mod since ever and i tried always respect your life and i refrain most of the time to not ask you when it´s ready. Life is a priority, take your time. Thank you for all of your work (GUI Updater it´s a must have for me) and be safe.

Best regards from Portugal,

F.

• 4 weeks later...

Man this is so cooool :thumbup:

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam