SZS : F/A-18 Super Hornet Project

I have replaced the standard F/A-18C with the Super Hornet model (shape, views.lua, mainpanel_init and FA-18C.lua pylon entries). Works great, but one issue: The Maverick HUD indicator isn´t aligned with the crosshair in the DDI. Don´t know what entry is responsible for that and how to fix ist.

But everyone who still has the Superhornet files should try it.

Where can we find this files ??

• Like 1

I have replaced the standard F/A-18C with the Super Hornet model (shape, views.lua, mainpanel_init and FA-18C.lua pylon entries). Works great, but one issue: The Maverick HUD indicator isn´t aligned with the crosshair in the DDI. Don´t know what entry is responsible for that and how to fix ist.

Are you playing on the OB or the stable version?

On 11/29/2020 at 11:27 AM, Jerec said:

The Superhornet files were available in the download section of the discord server of the Superhornet dev team. Unfortunately this discord server doesn´t exist anymore.

Man, that would have been nice just to add some SH shapes to the deck or get some more eyes on it and see what can be done, in a limited capacity. 

On 11/29/2020 at 9:25 AM, Jerec said:

Most blokes would eat their young to get hold of the download, especially after the team asked everyone to "delete it" lol... did they really expect guys to just bin what was shaping up to be a cracking addition ??

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

only issue any of the models has is the pilot textures, including helmet and visor/ rear landing gears being abit in ground (client side only) ai planes are fine.  

other than that you can edit lua to add the new gbu's, HMCS works great. idk about the maverick issue guy above said but pretty sure when I do use any mavs on the E/F they are aligned and hit everytime unless a user error.

Edited by Kevstosmart

The only way to play the Super Hornet is to replace the shape, views.lua, mainpanel_init and FA-18C.lua pylon entries with the standard F-18C. Works fine, but you only have one livery and the Maverick/HUD indicator issue. 

Don´t know if I´m allowed to upload the neccessary files.

On 11/29/2020 at 7:25 PM, Jerec said:

Why have you highjacked this thread? What you are talking about has nothing to do with Skate's F/A-18!!

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Be confused all you like @Jerec This entire thread is for Skate's F/A-18 Super Hornet mod, not someone else's.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

He's busy with real life.

I'm thinking of doing more skins since there's not much going on with me. Unfortunately ModelViewer2 isn't working with me (keeps on crashing when I open files) and I don't have the mod (had some real life issues get in the way) so I can't work on the skins anyway...

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

2 hours ago, scommander2 said:

Just wondering that will ED maintain this mod in the future so it will become the official mod?

The mod maker is busy with IRL things as others have said, also this is not an official project by ED as it is a community mod and not a module. There is no plans for a Super Hornet module yet afaik. Frankly ED has their plate full enough atm anyway, let them finish the Legacy hornet module first and the rest of the current modules before we start asking for more.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

As stated, I have contract and life obligations since the pandemic started.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

2022/4/28 AM8点12分,SkateZilla说:

Wow, incredible, actually I don't mean to ask for any updates in mods, we absolutely understand your reality, after all, life is the most important thing. I actually wanted to say that all you need to know is that you're fine

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2022 at 5:12 PM, SkateZilla said:

You do you SkateZilla you've contributed plenty to the community. I for one will be thrilled when you're able to finish it! 

Champagne will be on ice for first flight, with streamers and kazoos.

Edited by HoBGoBLiNzx3
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...