Barthek's CAUCASUS REDONE 2022

10 hours ago, ouky1991 said:

First uninstall the main mod, then go to the SNOWLESS MOD you downloaded and navigate to Mods/terrain/caucasus/vfstextures and rename everything that ends with winter to autumn (like "NoiseAutumn" for example), do this for all 9 folders in the vfstextures and then simply add and overwrite (if needed) all 9 "____Autumn" folders to the main mod - Mods/terrain/caucasus/vfstextures. Reinstall the main mod and that should be it.

The Standalone SNOWLESS winter mod contains some more tweaks as I understand but for me it works regardless. Now I have both winter versions at the same time.

Wonderfull it works, Thank you....

• Like 1

Does Rev.2 work with 2.7.18 or only with 2.8?

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

I might have found a solution regarding integrity check problems with VR. I noticed that if I start the game on my monitor not in VR, my DCS does pass IC with Barthek's mod. When I start it in VR, It fails IC.

This is because the VR hangar is already preloaded it with the modified textures, and that will fail IC immediatelly. I managed to edit scene VR file to take out the hangar (only a blury hangar is shown, which is obviously not that nice BUT passes IC!!

This way you can join servers 🙂

the original file to be replaced can be found here:

X:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\DemoScenes

Backup your original file in order to switch back to normal ( I usually use OVGME )

I will dig deeper in DCS models, and I'm planning to edit it to completely change the hangar to a hangar from syria map, once I managed to find the actual model name(s) of syrian hangars I will post an update 🙂 btw if anyone knows please help. (current caucasus hangar name is "ukrytie_1")

sceneVR.lua

Edited by noremorse1004
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Barthek!

So far I ever used my own Caucasus textures because the original ones were pretty  ... comic style to me. 

But on Facebook I saw your textures and so I decided to give them a try. So ... wow! You made an really impressive job. The textures looking brilliant to me and should be standard. I really like the "no snow" variant. I combined them with Taz trees and yes - DCS looks very nice now. Thank you so much for all your hard work. All the effort you put in was totally worth it.

Hope you could do the same for Syria one far day. (looks too painted to me and I would like to see it more photo realistic - but just an idea) 

Very well done!!! 

Cheers

TOM

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

1 hour ago, TOMCATZ said:

The textures looking brilliant to me and should be standard. I really like the "no snow" variant. I combined them with Taz trees and yes - DCS looks very nice now.

If it wasn't for the unlit runways and the out of date cities, with those mods caucasus looks absolutely like a brand new map to me. And the environment is still a very interesting one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Sorry, I have been using this mod series for too long, I forgot what it was like before…

Keep up the good work. 

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

3 часа назад, Barthek сказал:

Thank you guys, comments like that keep the whole thing spinning! 🙂

You simply rock, man!

To make it clear, your mod actually has a higher impact to gameplay than many new map releases. Everyone flies Caucasus, as it's a well balanced map where you can play a variety of scenarios, in different weathers and seasons, and obviously it's the most popular one in multiplayer as everyone has it. So, IMO keeping Caucasus alive and beautiful is one of the most important things in the sim and you are doing that job for us instead of ED.

Your mod is basically essential, I don't actually remember when it was the last time I was flying without it. I hope you can get your hands on a lower resolution version as many asked you here, because DCS keeps consuming more and more VRAM with each release (+1 GB in Caucasus 2.8 vs 2.7 on 4090) leaving optimization for you, modders, and us, simple users. Modders keep VR in DCS alive no matter how hard ED tries to kill it for us with each new update 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Barthek said:

Thank you guys, comments like that keep the whole thing spinning! 🙂

Your mod is a must have! as i stated already, i started to fly again in Caucasus thanks to you (i use most NTTR, PG, and Syria but now Caucasus too).

The only things i miss in the Caucasus are the taxiway markings in some airports/airbases and airbases signs but that´s from ED side i guess.

Thank you again so much for everything you do for the DCS community, you´re a very talented person.

Keep up!

F.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

100% agree! Giving this Mod a well deserved bump. space zoom GIF by Psyklon

@BarthekThank you!  

The Caucasus Redone 2022 update is the best yet. I have since packaged my own custom version with these other excellent Caucasus Mods: 

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

1 hour ago, SmeagleGoneWild said:

What did you do in your version?

I combined all four mods together.  I took the 3 other mods and copied over the specific files of each into Bartheks Caucasus Redone 2022.

The files from the other 3 mods overwrite Bartheks. 

It is the same thing as Installing Bartheks Caucasus 2022 first then applying the other mods after and allowing the overwrite.  I use Open Mod Manager so instead of installing 4 separate mods I am only installing 1.   

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Hi Barthek, I've been using this mod for a long time and I love it.

After 2.8 I noticed that the aircraft bunkers at Kobuleti had no textures what so ever, so I think the update changed something.  If you want, I can post a picture if needed.  When I removed your mod with ovgme, going back to base DCS textures, those bunkers had texture again.

Maintain thy airspeed lest the ground rise up and smite thee!

YiizHx5.gif

4 hours ago, BRAVO_16 said:

After 2.8 I noticed that the aircraft bunkers at Kobuleti had no textures what so ever, so I think the update changed something.  If you want, I can post a picture if needed.  When I removed your mod with ovgme, going back to base DCS textures, those bunkers had texture again.

Did you try this ? https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317223/

• Like 1

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

If anyone is interested: I've made videos for all seasons for comparison:

• Default textures
  • this + Hangars textures

Max graphical settings, without Blur and DOF.

Here's the Link: 

I've also made some pictures:

https://stumpfl.lima-city.de/pictures/vergleich/index.php?dir=DCS+-+Textures

I gotta say: playing the game with these textures is awesome! So much more detailed!

The only negative thing I can say is, that all seasons look a bit too much alike and summer isn't "colorful" enough. Not green enough and no yellow wheat or corn fields. That's why I use the default summer textures.

I do have to say though: the semi-winter textures (either as autumn or spring) look fantastic!!

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 11/15/2022 at 8:15 AM, BRAVO_16 said:

Hello! Make sure you use REV2. I've dealt with this problem there and the hangars no longer need this mod. 🙂

1 hour ago, dlder said:

I've also made some pictures:

https://stumpfl.lima-city.de/pictures/vergleich/index.php?dir=DCS+-+Textures

I gotta say: playing the game with these textures is awesome! So much more detailed!

The only negative thing I can say is, that all seasons look a bit too much alike and summer isn't "colorful" enough. Not green enough and no yellow wheat or corn fields. That's why I use the default summer textures.

I do have to say though: the semi-winter textures (either as autumn or spring) look fantastic!!

Cheers!

Woah! What a great comparison, thank you! Btw, did you use reshade (recommended in the installation notes) when taking those shots? 

Compare these two:

Screen-221116-134415.jpg

DCS-2022-11-16-13-44-16.jpg

This is where reshade shines and makes the difference. I highly recommend trying it out - you won't regret it. 🙂

Edited by Barthek
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Comparison between the original vs Barthek's Caucasus Redone + Taz1004 Better Trees V6 (Winter with snow)

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants
  • Like 3

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

This time, it is autumn:

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 1:36 PM, Barthek said:

Woah! What a great comparison, thank you! Btw, did you use reshade

I did, yeah. I have never been a fan of Reshade; it just changes the overal feel of games too much imho. But after seeing this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGxgD9GNVNw) and the crisp textures and clarity (like lifting a veil), I had to try it. So I've tinkered a bit with the settings (I didn't want to change the "warmth/colors" too much).

I'm currently using my "optimal" profile, in where I follow the "less is more" approach. Not even setting clarity too much (as it makes the textures too crisp to look at). FakeHDR is also not really working (I have an 1000nits HDR monitor and know what it shoud look like^^).

I've included my 3 profiles, BUT: everyone has to find his own settings! The good thing is: one can adjust the sliders and plugins on-the-fly ingame, which is a huge help setting it up.

Hotshot_dark-crisp.ini Hotshot_optimal.ini Hotshot_dark.ini

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 11/17/2022 at 11:33 PM, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Taz1004 Better Trees

I use his trees now too; less flickering and way less pop-in. Just look at those super-low-poly trees from default (top left):

DefTrees_summer-def.jpg

And here's better trees v6 (medium):

BetterMedTrees_summer-def.jpg

True, the colors now are different, but quite ok (not enough variation imho, but maybe that's coming in v7 or so^^)

Edited by dlder
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dlder said:

I did, yeah. I have never been a fan of Reshade; it just changes the overal feel of games too much imho. But after seeing this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGxgD9GNVNw) and the crisp textures and clarity (like lifting a veil), I had to try it. So I've tinkered a bit with the settings (I didn't want to change the "warmth/colors" too much).

I'm currently using my "optimal" profile, in where I follow the "less is more" approach. Not even setting clarity too much (as it makes the textures too crisp to look at). FakeHDR is also not really working (I have an 1000nits HDR monitor and know what it shoud look like^^).

I've included my 3 profiles, BUT: everyone has to find his own settings! The good thing is: one can adjust the sliders and plugins on-the-fly ingame, which is a huge help setting it up.

Hotshot_dark-crisp.ini 1.03 kB · 3 downloads Hotshot_optimal.ini 1.14 kB · 3 downloads Hotshot_dark.ini 1.14 kB · 3 downloads

Just a tiny bit of sharpness and a tiny bit of contrast to lift the gray haze does the trick for me.

The nice thing about reshade is, that you can toggle it on and off in a split second and compare the differences.

I bet if doubters would see the A/B-comparison between a good (less is more!) Reshade profile and vanilla DCS they were convinced on the spot.

Of course you can easily overdo it and completely mess up the picture and hurt the performance with Reshade, too.

• Like 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"