Barthek's CAUCASUS REDONE 2022

31 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

Looks great... but I think it's a bit too desaturated.

I'll see what I can do about it as it is very easy to oversaturate the scenery as a whole too. 🙂 Balance is the key, as always.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Barthek said:

I'll see what I can do about it as it is very easy to oversaturate the scenery as a whole too. 🙂 Balance is the key, as always.

I'm requesting because yours has been my favorite.  I know many are complaining the Caucasus is too colorful and cartoonish but Caucasus actually is one of the most colorful region.  As you can see from satellite.  But you're right that getting the right balance making it colorful without looking cartoonish will be tricky.

caucasus.jpg

Some aerial references of Caucasus different season.

https://www.airvuz.com/video/Caucasus-aerial-by-Action-Brothers?id=5aec47387fae5349fa407e45&ccid=5b047ba329cf654765e0db12

Edited by Taz1004
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

Looks great... but I think it's a bit too desaturated.

Nice job again Barti ! 👍 ...but I have to agree with Taz. Pics too livid/pallid. Should be VIVID. We are talking about Spring now. About the 2nd most colurful season (1st is Autumn) but the 1st living-bright-greeny season is Spring.
(Barthek's "Spring" images on the previous page seems like a wet-rainy-summer-season to me) 

▼IMHO this bright green (and UV-yellowish Colza Fields) textures would be great (Barti's earlier images)
Well, I know, I will repeat myself:

I (still) prefer your earlier spring (vivid green) textures for spring.

Moreover: I think you should add some vivid-yellow field textures too (for blooming colza/rapeseed fields), just like in your first, few years old GTM texture-fields mods. :thumbup:

Colza/rapeseed fields: photoshoped your earlier pic:

7P1YpXf.jpg

examples for field textures:

Colza/rapeseed:

https://www.google.hu/search?sxsrf=ALeKk033WiQr4pAwFIocCxUNa9dbAYm9tg:1596960444582&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=aerial+colza&client=opera&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi6zZOg1Y3rAhVvwIsKHRkZAwwQsAR6BAgHEAE&biw=1880&bih=948

https://www.google.hu/search?q=aerial+rapeseed&hl=hu&sxsrf=ALeKk0335C3DHjOH7byzJAsXLM7_NCrw6Q:1596960624646&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjF7YH21Y3rAhXlkosKHQ5nCB8Q_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1880&bih=948

Sunflower

https://www.google.hu/search?q=aerial+sunflower&hl=hu&sxsrf=ALeKk0335C3DHjOH7byzJAsXLM7_NCrw6Q:1596960624646&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjF7YH21Y3rAhXlkosKHQ5nCB8Q_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1880&bih=948

Grape:

https://www.google.hu/search?q=aerial+grape&hl=hu&sxsrf=ALeKk0335C3DHjOH7byzJAsXLM7_NCrw6Q:1596960624646&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjF7YH21Y3rAhXlkosKHQ5nCB8Q_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1880&bih=948

Wheat:

https://www.google.hu/search?q=aerial+wheat&hl=hu&sxsrf=ALeKk0335C3DHjOH7byzJAsXLM7_NCrw6Q:1596960624646&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjF7YH21Y3rAhXlkosKHQ5nCB8Q_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1880&bih=948

Corn:

https://www.google.hu/search?q=aerial+corn&hl=hu&sxsrf=ALeKk0335C3DHjOH7byzJAsXLM7_NCrw6Q:1596960624646&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjF7YH21Y3rAhXlkosKHQ5nCB8Q_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1880&bih=948

Barley:

https://www.google.hu/search?q=aerial+barley&hl=hu&sxsrf=ALeKk0335C3DHjOH7byzJAsXLM7_NCrw6Q:1596960624646&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjF7YH21Y3rAhXlkosKHQ5nCB8Q_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1880&bih=948

Rice:

https://www.google.hu/search?q=aerial+rice&hl=hu&sxsrf=ALeKk0335C3DHjOH7byzJAsXLM7_NCrw6Q:1596960624646&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjF7YH21Y3rAhXlkosKHQ5nCB8Q_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1880&bih=948

lBXf9DX.png
iHQWH3M.png

On 8/11/2020 at 5:48 PM, NRG-Vampire said:

Summer looks awesome Barti :thumbup:

...but spring is not enough greeny to me :yes:...IMHO...I wish your earlier GTM 11 spring textures to see again (or similar to those living/vivid green field textures) :thumbsup:

5gbtVzB.jpg

Lw8QkhH.jpg

VNzwxXg.jpg

nEjD6EI.jpg

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

The textures may seem quite desaturated in some screenshots, as they were taken in the morning in the cloudy weather. I'll experiment with the saturation a bit more and report back with some pics.

Cheers,

Barthek

• Thanks 1

Hi Barthek,

For me, your early spring shots are nearly perfect, ok for a very little bit of more saturation, but really not too much!!

We have to be very careful when looking at pics from google image to compare, since I assume 99% of them were corrected by adding more saturation (less fidelity)...

You're gonna make me love this map so much again!!

Edited by Pride37

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

Love how spring is looking! 😍 

I agree with NRG-VAMPIRE and love a spring with reap seed yellows.

The green brown and yellow contrasts are beautiful.

I know its not 100% realistic for the area but perhaps we could have an optional field texture or 2? 🙏

130760247-green-yellow-and-brown-agriculture-field-rows-in-spring-time-closeup-rural-background.jpg

Edited by swartbyron

5 hours ago, Pride37 said:

We have to be very careful when looking at pics from google image to compare, since I assume 99% of them were corrected by adding more saturation (less fidelity)...

That's actually the opposite.  Unless someone intentionally Photoshopped it, pictures straight from camera in most cases are desaturated.  I just took picture of my lawn with my phone and the image on the phone is darker and desaturated.  What I see with my own eyes is much brighter and vibrant.  Actually more vibrant than Caucasus example photos I posted.  If you go to famous national park in person, colors are much more beautiful than in pictures.  And this is what most people are trained to.  They look at YouTube video or picture of aerial shot and assumes faded scenery is realism.  It's "Photo" realism.  What the camera sees, not your eyes.  Just like depth of field and motion blur in games.  These are camera effects and people are trained to believe that they're "realism"

And there already is excellent desaturated texture pack by LucShep.  Barthek's being more colorful always gave us another option.

Edited by Taz1004
  • Like 2

Am I the only one who experiences black runways and taxiways?

Udklip ff.JPG

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Intel i7-9700K | 32 GB DDR4 CL15 @3000mhz | Gigabyte RTX 2080 8GB Gaming OC | 512 GB SSD + 1 TB MVME M2 | Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X Motherbord | LG34" Ultrawide 1440p | Oculus Quest 2 | Hotas X56

Modules and maps:

Supercarrier | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C | Spitfire Mk. IX | F-5E Tiger II | Yak-52 | FC3 | MB-339 A | A-4E-C | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy

5 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

You using the original on first page?

No, i'm using this one?

On 5/3/2021 at 11:48 AM, Barthek said:

Ok, guess what? I'm gonna share with you my work-in-progress version of SUMMER textures. Perhaps you'll provide me with some suggestions to implement in the final version. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1012RgMlnc0YiowR6TnsVCYhz2kWwRIlX/view?usp=sharing

Before installing, make sure you don't have other mods installed. Follow the instructions in the first post of this topic (use JSGME). Remember - this is a WIP version. If you want to avoid some potential glitches, wait for the release compilation.

Cheers,

Barthek

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Intel i7-9700K | 32 GB DDR4 CL15 @3000mhz | Gigabyte RTX 2080 8GB Gaming OC | 512 GB SSD + 1 TB MVME M2 | Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X Motherbord | LG34" Ultrawide 1440p | Oculus Quest 2 | Hotas X56

Modules and maps:

Supercarrier | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C | Spitfire Mk. IX | F-5E Tiger II | Yak-52 | FC3 | MB-339 A | A-4E-C | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy

2 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

That's actually the opposite.  Unless someone intentionally Photoshopped it, pictures straight from camera in most cases are desaturated.  I just took picture of my lawn with my phone and the image on the phone is darker and desaturated.  What I see with my own eyes is much brighter and vibrant.  Actually more vibrant than Caucasus example photos I posted.  If you go to famous national park in person, colors are much more beautiful than in pictures.  And this is what most people are trained to.  They look at YouTube video or picture of aerial shot and assumes faded scenery is realism.  It's "Photo" realism.  What the camera sees, not your eyes.  Just like depth of field and motion blur in games.  These are camera effects and people are trained to believe that they're "realism"

And there already is excellent desaturated texture pack by LucShep.  Barthek's being more colorful always gave us another option.

That's a fair point, and I actually see what you mean, since I've been practicing photography for several years using a full-frame camera. My pictures are indeed always corrected in Lightroom (only temperature and exposure), and the tricky aspect of this is to give the correct "feeling" of the living scenary as I remembered it. The fact is I noticed most people tend to exagerate a bit the vibrant look of their pictures, and I noticed the same with friends TV color temperature (often too "warm"), and that's what I find when looking at most google post-processed images, at least to my eyes.

But I must say it's greatly subjective, because I sometimes want to correct again some of my pictures severals days after having post-processed them...

Whatever Barthek makes in the coming days (weeks?) it will worth take a look since his work is trully impressive.

I assume you're talking about CGTC mod from LucShep, and that's the one I'm currently using indeed, so I guess it's related to the way I feel the images!! 😉

EDIT: and not only HIS work, but YOURS also, since I can't get enough of "Better Trees", "Better Smoke" and "Better Runways". All that together is trully a game-changer for Caucasus 👍

Edited by Pride37
  • Like 3

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

20 hours ago, Barthek said:

Were you using any other mods before installing this one? Did you install it with JSGME?

Yes, i'm osing JSGME and even though I disable everything else, it's still black.
The Black runway problem only occurs with your new Summer 2021 mod and not with your "old" Caucasus Redone 2020 V1 by Barthek mod?

Udklip 5.JPG

Edited by Pokredde

Modules and maps:

17 minutes ago, REDEYE_CVW-66 said:

It is not related to this mod. I don't have that problem. It has to be connected to something else you have installed.

I see what you mean, but it's weird that it only occurs with the mod activated.
With or without any other mod the runways are fine?

Edited by Pokredde

Modules and maps:

My guess it is conflicted with some other texture mod you have installed. Taz's better runways? I don't know. I saw this in another thread though... Sadly cannot remember where- but it was an easy fix.

But the point is; it is not the fault of this mod. Open a new thread for it and someone can probably help you.

Edited by REDEYE_CVW-66
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, REDEYE_CVW-66 said:

My guess it is conflicted with some other texture mod you have installed. Taz's better runways? I don't know. I saw this in another thread though... Sadly cannot remember where- but it was an easy fix.

But the point is; it is not the fault of this mod. Open a new thread for it and someone can probably help you.

Yes, it seem to have been an issue somewhere on my machine - sorry.

I just tried removing all mods from this folder and now the runways are fine 👏
C:\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft

Now I don't understand why it then works again after I have moved all the mods back in the folder.
The problem is gone now and i'm happy even though I didn't locate the cause.

Looking forward to the final version of this beautyful mod 👍
Thank you for the replies Barthek and REDEYE_CVW-66.

Edited by Pokredde

Modules and maps:

3 hours ago, Pokredde said:

Yes, it seem to have been an issue somewhere on my machine - sorry.

I just tried removing all mods from this folder and now the runways are fine 👏
C:\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft

Now I don't understand why it then works again after I have moved all the mods back in the folder.
The problem is gone now and i'm happy even though I didn't locate the cause.

Looking forward to the final version of this beautyful mod 👍
Thank you for the replies Barthek and REDEYE_CVW-66.

I think it has to do with the order of the install, at least with Ovgme it is. There are texture mods that i need to install last or first or else i get graphical glitches.

• Like 2

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

46 minutes ago, fagulha said:

I think it has to do with the order of the install, at least with Ovgme it is. There are texture mods that i need to install last or first or else i get graphical glitches.

Yes, that might be the reason here too 🤔

Thanks 

• Like 1

Modules and maps:

@Dave317 --> deleting "fabric.AFBmarking.tif.dds" from "fabric.zip" is enough

Edited by Neo47
  • Like 2

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --