Barthek's CAUCASUS REDONE 2022

That's true. Try playing with the noise1PerSquare parameter. The higher it is, the better the texture should look at low altitude. The smaller it is, the better the texture looks at high altitude. Try adjusting it to your liking ;).

Sure!

So this is the main texture knows as noise_1. It covers the whole map and serves as a foundation for other textures (cities, villages, fields, etc). The parameter noise1PerSquare determines how big that texture is in your sim. The greater the value, the smaller the texture. The smaller the texture, the greater detail it has when flying slow and low. But it has one major drawback - the higher you get, the more visible becomes the problem of texture repetition. You start seeing the same characteristic elements of the texture repeated (some cracks, patches of different saturation/colour, etc.) every few kilometers. 

image.png

This is the texture known as landnoise and it is determind by the parameter noise2PerSquare. It can be adjusted almost the same way as the noise_1.  You can see this texture start popping through the noise_1 texture as you get closer to the ground. It's purpose is to make the ground look more detailed by adding additional noise to it.

image.png

My idea was to make noise_1 as big as possible to avoid the problem of repetition at high altitudes, preserving at the same time its quality. Going lower should activate landnoise texture, giving noise_1 some nice noise. That's the theory. It still need some more tweaking as you can see, tho. 😉

Edited by Barthek
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JanRalle said:

Noise_1  with value 1.5 looks quiet good.
but looking trough  landnoise for autumn it looks like this:

:image.png

Disregard that. I accidentally included two folders in the release version, named: LandNoiseAutumn and LandNoiseSpring. These two should not have made it to the release package (you can as well delete them). DCS uses the files from LandNoiseSummer for both Spring and Autumn.

• Like 1

Thanks Barthek, great work!

• Like 1

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

PS, does this latest package include the spring and summer textures from before?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

On 6/2/2021 at 10:38 PM, Stratos said:

A motivating video that shows what I requested... (and some fine polish Hip and Hind flying as well).

are we still talking about caucasus?? why do we need afghanistan coloured roofs there? maybe i missed something, but for my part -  i dont need them. . .

1 hour ago, flanker1 said:

are we still talking about caucasus?? why do we need afghanistan coloured roofs there? maybe i missed something, but for my part -  i dont need them. . .

lol, no, I requested a limited repaint of Persian Gulf map 🙂 Not related to Caucasus. 

• Like 1

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

3 hours ago, Valium said:

Persian Gulf has totally different climate comparing to Afghanistan.

Please read my request properly, I'm a geographer, I know about the different climates and different terrains, Thanks.

• Like 2

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Arent they already making an Afghanistan map?

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

Yea, it's been so long since Afghanistan map module was discussed, that I don't think we can be certain its in development, or even got started. Last I heard of it, was when the Syria map was first announced... that's a long time ago now in "DCS years"!

• Like 1

Its listed as in development on TheBattleSim  website, as well as Crimea and a few other maps....

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

Edit:  Not sure why it nuked my text, but for IC it was flagging HAS_shelter.dds and HAS_shelter2.dds.  Re-packing with the original versions corrected the IC fail.

Edit 2, electric boogaloo: Re-attached zip since the structure was wrong and caused missing textures.

image.png

image.png

buildings_sum.zip

Edited by SpyderF16

Hi Barthek,

The runways at Beslan and Sukhumi are too dark. Any way to fix this?

beslan.JPG

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

48 minutes ago, Minsky said:

Same. While not entirely realistic, it certainly added variety. Hope this won't be "fixed" 🙂 

I think it's too dark. The real runways aren't black asphalt like that unless they've been freshly resurfaced. Belsan was resurfaced in 2012 based on the satellite imagery and it was only black for a short period of time. Here's how they look now.

belsan_02.JPG

sokhumi.JPG

Edited by bandit648

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map