Barthek's CAUCASUS REDONE 2022

48 minutes ago, bandit648 said:

I think it's too dark. The real runways aren't black asphalt like that unless they've been freshly resurfaced. Belsan was resurfaced in 2012 based on the satellite imagery and it was only black for a short period of time. Here's how they look now.

That's why I said "not entirely realistic" 🙂 

Sure, in most cases, this black asphalt has nothing to do with the real Caucasus aerodromes. It just gives them that "new airport" feel.

But the whole map is so massively outdated that I don't mind yet another unrealistic part - if it provides variety.

• Like 2

Dima | My DCS uploads

3 hours ago, bandit648 said:

I think it's too dark. The real runways aren't black asphalt like that unless they've been freshly resurfaced. Belsan was resurfaced in 2012 based on the satellite imagery and it was only black for a short period of time. Here's how they look now.

belsan_02.JPG

sokhumi.JPG

well ... the ones in this pack were made in 2021

just-use-your-imagination.jpg

6 hours ago, bandit648 said:

belsan_02.JPG

sokhumi.JPG

Is'it really so important ? Great mod for me 😉

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

19 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Is'it really so important ? Great mod for me 😉

Of course its a great mod. It's an easy fix for anyone who prefers faded asphalt look. The modded files for the asphalt runways are in fabric.zip. I like the default runway color with Taz1004 runway mod.

Edited by bandit648
  • Like 1

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

On 6/13/2021 at 12:38 PM, Minsky said:

Same. While not entirely realistic, it certainly added variety. Hope this won't be "fixed" 🙂 

DCS 2021-06-05 06-33-48.jpg

+1

Rather use the Barthek runways than default ones by far!

+

Edited by fagulha
  • Like 3

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Here's some shots for comparison between Taz1004's and Barthek's. Barthek darkened the concrete/asphalt textures in fabric.zip where taz1004 modified the cracks textures that gives sharper looking runway.

barthek.JPG

taz1004_closeup.JPG

taz1004_above.JPG

• Like 2

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

36 minutes ago, Habu_69 said:

Anyone compared ED's reworked Caucasus ground textures to either Taz or Barteks's mods?

the top one is Barthek's pre-patch, the bottom is the new stock:

barthek.jpg

stock.jpg

p.s. ignore the shelters on the right side, they're using my custom texture.

Edited by Minsky

Dima | My DCS uploads

19 minutes ago, Minsky said:

the top one is Barthek's pre-patch, the bottom is the new stock:

barthek.jpg

stock.jpg

p.s. ignore the shelters on the right side, they're using my custom texture.

thanks a lot for comparing! could you please share your custom shelter pictures? they look great and wear the typical soviet era cold war camouflage, am i right?? 🙂

ps: did somebody else realized the different airfield (taxy- and runway) layout in the screenshots? is ED working on an update regarding this? what would definitely be a great thing. . .!!!

Edited by flanker1
  • Like 1

I've tried all the texture mods including the new official one in 2.7.2 and I consider Barthek's the best by far. I'm actually pretty disappointed they didn't make his the official one. 

Screen_210613_101510.jpg

Screen_210615_231920.jpg

Screen_210615_223354.jpg

Edited by bandit648
  • Like 5

This mod is best, no doubt.

One question, though.

Is there any way to make winter mountain peaks more like default's ones? Or can i replace them with summer ones?

Is it possible to make that via cfg files?

As for me, they're too white and "polish".

1st screen is default, 2nd Barthek's.

DCS 2021-06-17 12-11-47.png

DCS 2021-06-17 12-14-49.png

2 hours ago, Kaplan said:

This mod is best, no doubt.

One question, though.

Is there any way to make winter mountain peaks more like default's ones? Or can i replace them with summer ones?

Is it possible to make that via cfg files?

As for me, they're too white and "polish".

1st screen is default, 2nd Barthek's.

I really like the scattered snow cover on the mountain textures from Barthek's Summer. I just copied the snownoise.tif.dds from LandNoiseSummer.zip over to LandNoiseWinter.zip and the results are fantastic.

Screen_210617_080501.jpg

Screen_210617_080908.jpg

• Like 2

1 час назад, bandit648 сказал:

I really like the scattered snow cover on the mountain textures from Barthek's Summer. I just copied the snownoise.tif.dds from LandNoiseSummer.zip over to LandNoiseWinter.zip and the results are fantastic.

Yep, that helped, thanks.

13 hours ago, bandit648 said:

I've tried all the texture mods including the new official one in 2.7.2 and I consider Barthek's the best by far. I'm actually pretty disappointed they didn't make his the official one. 

Screen_210613_101510.jpg

Screen_210615_231920.jpg

Screen_210615_223354.jpg

Agreed. Even the new one is still too cartoony for me.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

2 minutes ago, lipas70 said:

Unfortunately not. No "unofficial" mod passes IC.

Not true.  Many do and they'll say it's IC safe if it does pass.

Unofficial "texture" mods that go into main install path do not pass IC.  This Barthek's mod is this case and will not pass.

Texture mods that goes into SavedGames folder do pass IC.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2021 at 6:25 PM, Valium said:

I see one of my base template 😛
~Valium1994

Searched the forum for a reference, did not find one.

Could you please give me a link, I'd like to try your templates.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

New Default Caucasus: Much better than Legacy - Thanks ED

DCS 2021-06-18 15-10-28 (2).png

BARTHEK 2.7 (Below): Thank you Sir!

DCS 2021-06-18 15-17-09.png

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
Corrected Formatting
  • Like 3
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

On 6/18/2021 at 11:05 AM, Taz1004 said:

Not true.  Many do and they'll say it's IC safe if it does pass.

Unofficial "texture" mods that go into main install path do not pass IC.  This Barthek's mod is this case and will not pass.

Texture mods that goes into SavedGames folder do pass IC.

I use it with JSGME mod manager (and I believe it will work with other mod managing tools as well) and it passes IC.  You need to go right into multiplayer server  (I prefer using TTI Server) and it works. Once you leave the server the red IC Icon comes on. Restart DCS and you are in again.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB