Barthek's CAUCASUS REDONE 2022

DCS mysteries: the Barthek terrain mod still didn't work when the Beta went to 2.7.9.18080 (the only mod installed) today, updated the Release which copies its files to the Beta (blank of any mod) test Barthek on the Release .... it works, install the mod on the Beta ...... it works, reinstall other mods 3 by 3 to find a conflict (thanks OvGME) everything is ok on both versions. Go figure 🤔 actually no, it works, no need to know why 😆

Edited by Morpheus

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Valium said:

I haven't got any problems

Strange no one has same problem ........ The operation was short-lived, without changing anything I got the same message again. I flew without the mod until I found time to do some tests and ..... the file "terrain.cfg" is the culprit for me. I compared the mod file and the original one with Notepad++ and clearly there are missing lines in the mod one (New one left side on screen). So I modified the mod file accordingly and it works. I attach the modified file if you have problem . If you use OvGME for example replace the mod file before installing, otherwise just copy/paste. Note: only for 2.7.9.18080

terrain.cfg.png

terrain.cfg.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2021 at 12:12 PM, Miro said:

How do I get winter textures where the ground is not completely covered with snow, like in this screenshot? I got ground completely covered with snow.

Gzm855G.jpg

I'm interested too.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

32 minutes ago, Red_Pilot said:

Only high ground textures in settings

I tried, thanks for the help, but Is not working, I think I cannot get properly installed using OvGME, maybe I should use manual method If someone can tell where the files go.

13 hours ago, Stratos said:

I tried, thanks for the help, but Is not working, I think I cannot get properly installed using OvGME, maybe I should use manual method If someone can tell where the files go.

Follow arborescence of the OvGME mod, you'll see where files go (........DCS version\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\vfstextures), OvGME works fine for me for this mod.

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

Follow arborescence of the OvGME mod, you'll see where files go (........DCS version\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\vfstextures), OvGME works fine for me for this mod.

Both folders go there?

On 3/15/2022 at 9:20 AM, Stratos said:

Got everything working! Thanks a bunch!

Enjoy the great update to Caucasus.

If you have not already tried this you can also check out ReShade https://reshade.me/

YouTube Video showing how to Make DCS Look Grate using ReShade 

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ala12Rv-watermanpc said:

Simply CTD as soon as the mod is installed. Worked great a few minutes before the patch. After uninstalling it, everything works fine.

For me I had a problem with the file terrain.cfg but there was a message, did you try with my file (post above january 13th) ?

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

These are great textures, but I cannot use them anymore when I have to use flir. The terrain has too much "hot" spots when setting the A10c flir to G6, L8. In the default ones almost the terrain is "cold" and the units shines a lot. With Barthek textures are really difficult to find targets. Of course will use it when not FLIR mission.... or if there is any kind of fix in future for the new FLIR.

@Barthekwould it be possible to revive a South East Asia texture pack for Caucasus, similar to what Starway had done back in the day ? Or is this no longer possible with 2.7 ? From what I see there are only diffuse and normal map textures. No geometry changes required for trees, is this correct?

screen_170423_002308.jpg?w=NaN&h=2.jpg?w=NaN&h=grafik.pngimage.psd(4).jpg

• Like 3

DCS Web Editor - New 3D Mission Editor for DCS that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

dcs web editor new(2).png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

20 hours ago, winghunter said:

@Barthekwould it be possible to revive a South East Asia texture pack for Caucasus, similar to what Starway had done back in the day ? Or is this no longer possible with 2.7 ? From what I see there are only diffuse and normal map textures. No geometry changes required for trees, is this correct?

screen_170423_002308.jpg?w=NaN&h=2.jpg?w=NaN&h=grafik.pngimage.psd(4).jpg

That would be truly amazing!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I suck at this stuff..

Watched some youtube tutorials and downloaded ovGME and trying to get it right. But i´m out of luck. Is mod ready for ovgme, or do i have to do some changes somewhere?

EDIT

Seems like i got it to work.. First pic is vanilla and second is with mod enabled. So it looks like it´s installed. 

Screen1.png

Screen2.png

Edited by Dozer1606688093
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Screen-220823-134825.png

Screen-220823-134030.png

Screen-220823-134338.png

Screen-220823-134947.png

Screen-220823-135157.png

Screen-220823-134604.png

Hello after quite a long break. I've recently made some adjustments to some of the textures in the Caucasus map. Not sure if the project will evolve to a full package mod one day but if it will, I will surely let you guys know. For now, I'm just playing and testing different solutions using Taz's "Better Trees for Caucasus". Boy, they are better, indeed! 🙂

Edited by Barthek
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2