F-16 seat & G-tolerance improvement

Hummingbird

On 12/1/2021 at 4:57 AM, BIGNEWY said:

We have already said G-onset is on our list to tweak, I can not say when that will happen currently. 

thanks

It`s not the question people are asking in this thread.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I9-9900K-Gigabyte 2080Ti Gaming OC, 32G DDR4000 RAM,

Track IR5, HOTAS Cougar + über Nxt Hall Sensor Mod, Slaw Device RX Viper

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Yeah hope and still hoping, still don't understand why it's so hard to implement this or ED just think the current G-tolerance in DCS is realistic? 

I know nothing about game development so correct me if I am wrong, but it just seems to me they just need to change the number in the codes like screen starts go black when holding 9G for X seconds. Right now it's like only 2-3 seconds even with G warm up... 

Some tweaking is definitely in order, particularly since FM was corrected such that it's possible to attain and hold 9G across a wider range of configurations. Also, I have a feeling that G tolerance is the same across all modules, whether it's a Bf-109 without any aid beyond butt clenching or the Viper, with it's reclined seat, G-suit and oxygen mask (in addition to G tolerance training far more advanced that "just clench your butt when you pull" of WWII vintage). 

Yes G tolerance seems to be just diffentiated between Pilots with or without G suits. Its pointless to post videos of F16 Tunderbirds pilots or pilots in centrifuges sustaining Gs for much longer that the DCS pilot does. Everybody knows that the G tolerance in DCS way below what a trained pilot can take.

The thing is that the DCS F16 is limited way too much by the poor G tolerance of the pilot in a dogfight. The DCS F16 pilot needs to be able to take Gs for a realistic amount of time to get the performance out of the F16 as it was designed for. At the moment you are just fighting the pilots G tolerance and the bandit at the same time... This topic is even more important now with the FM tweak that we had currently.

I also was wondering about the G warmup procedure and I started a separate thread about it. If someone has further information on it:

Edited by darkman222
  • Like 4