Red Storm Rising |Dynamic PvP Campaign|

Chandawg

ZL5Y5HC.png

Server Details Server Name: Red Storm Rising |Dynamic PvP Campaign|

Server IP: redstormrising.ddns.net:10308

SRS Server IP: redstormrising.ddns.net:5002

Discord Server: [https://discord.gg/NRvtGax] (https://discord.gg/NRvtGax)

Live Webmap: [http://redstormrising.ddns.net:8080/] (http://redstormrising.ddns.net:8080/)

Server restarts every six hours (0500/1100/1700/2300 UTC).

All CA units are moveable to create a more dynamic threat environment.

Capturing an Airfield/FARP: To capture an airfield or a FARP your team needs to kill all the enemy units surrounding the location, to include the Logistic Building (Outpost + watch tower) as well as get a friendly troop or vehicle onto the Airfield/FARP. Once these conditions are met you will see the message with the capture confirmation. At airbases, friendly re-enforcements arrive once the airfield is captured.

Slinging: Helicopters check the F10 map for the location of the base/FARP logistics center/command center. Fly there and request crates to sling units using the radio menu (F10-Other). Once a crate is in front of your vehicle, select it through the radio menu (F6-All Cargos), now you are ready to approach it and hook it. Once hooked take to the desired deployment location, and unpack using the (F10-Other, F4-Cargo Actions, F1-Unpack). You can also pick up troops from the FARP pads and from the friendly airfields. Internal cargo can only be loaded on Hueys and Mi-8 helicopters at this time. You select internal cargo from the supplies menu, but you don’t need to hook it, you need to open your cargo doors, and approach the crate so that you cargo doors are facing and near the crate. Build convoys, setup air defenses for your team, build more logistics and command your teams ground forces via the Combined Arms module.

CSAR: If you are shot down, and you EJECT, you or a teammate can recover your pilot, doing so will give you your life back, you start with 7.5 lives.

STATS: Join our discord and look at your stats from the server for the entire campaign.

Server Rules:

1. Ramming is prohibited.

2. Ask for permission from the owner to use slung combined arms units! It takes hours to get a convoy ready, if you want to control units, sling them.

3. Please respect other warfighters immersion, keep taxiway takeoffs and landings to emergencies only.

4. Being on DISCORD or SRS is highly recommended to facilitate good communications. SRS is preferred.

5. GCI, it is highly encouraged for GCI to use SRS.

Edited by Chandawg
update

| CyperPower PC | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.4 GHz | 64Gb DDR4 3200 MHz | Radeon RX 5700 8Gb | 32" Samsung Curve| Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster T160000 HOTAS + Rudder Pedals | Windows 10-64 |

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Played this tonight, something needs to be done about the FPS hit. Me and some friends tried but the FPS hit dropped me to the 20s ... normally im at 70-100. Not sure what it is, but probably needs looking into.

Otherwise I like the idea and direction of the server. Favorited and will check back! Keep at it!

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

I can tell you've put a lot of work into this map. Tried it out (by myself) and it is a pretty lonely experience because the map needs dozens of people to feel "alive."

It looks like you have Moose, Mist, slotblocker, and maybe some other scripts at work. When I went to choose an aircraft it was like this:

client slot not available...

etc.

A little bit more info in the briefing could be helpful maybe. I always appreciate it when someone makes an effort to add some images to the briefing.

Are you using MOOSE to control the AI interceptors? They were completely passive when I tried it.

Framerates were good and I would love to try this map with more people.

-----

Oh, and some waypoints could be helpful :)

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 9:52 AM, aw33com said:

Check out the server now.  It's fully alive and awesome. 

Yes it is! Server was very populated earlier, it was an amazing experience!

• Like 1
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence