F-14 Force Feedback not functional anymore G940 Logitech

SynGrownos

I have searched the Forum very carefully but did not found anything about my issues.

After the release of the F-14 i flew it a lot and was very happy when the force feedback functions were supported and improved with further releases.

While i was flying other modules a lot during the last weeks i had chosen to fly the F-14 again some days ago and discovered a massive problem with the force feedback of my Joystick. It is nearly not existing there might only be a very little force from time to time, but not even enough to keep the stick centered.

I have the FF settings in DCS at 100% trim force and 50% for the vibrations.

The stick should not be the problem, because it is running fine on every other module and it worked great with the F-14 also before!

I did not change anything since it has been working and the problem was also reproducable today, so since i had that problem the first time some days or weeks ago and tried it again today when the problem also appeared. So i have 100% reproducability with this issue.

I can't exactly say with which update the problem appeared, while i wasn't flying the F-14 for some longer time now.

The Joystick System i use is the Logitech G940. It worked very well with it once and the system is still running all other module (as far as they support FF).

In this state the F-14 is sadly not even useable for me anymore because the stick is "falling" into all directions without any trim force.

Thx in advance and sorry, if there is any other thread about that. I did my best and found some questions about upcoming FF support from 03/19 but nothing about similar problems!

Unfortunately none of us have a G940 to test with. I can try out my Sidewinder 2 FFB but need to get it back from a friend first. That being said, DCS FFB is sometimes inconsistent and not robust. The F-14 FFB code has not changed in a very long time so it would surprise me that it has suddenly broken, and no one else has reported a FFB issue for many months.

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations

Unfortunately none of us have a G940 to test with. I can try out my Sidewinder 2 FFB but need to get it back from a friend first. That being said, DCS FFB is sometimes inconsistent and not robust. The F-14 FFB code has not changed in a very long time so it would surprise me that it has suddenly broken, and no one else has reported a FFB issue for many months.

Ok thx for the feedback. I don't know why it changed ecause it was running that great before and all the other modules with FF are running fine. Even if there is no "real" FFB the FFB is centering the stick. With the F-14 there is nearly no force, as if it is not "activated", like it is when i enter any plane. I might try to repair the module or DCS itself. I have myself also no idea what it could be, espically if you say the code for FF haven't changed and if it is running well for others.

It would be nice, if someone could test it with a force feedback stick, best if anyone with G940 reads this.

It is very hard for me, because the F-14 is one of the planes i really like but a missing centre trim makes it nearly impossible to use the plane. I will try to dou both a DCS reapir and a reinstall/repair of the module and keep you informed. Is there any way how to export any log to see how Force Feedback is "adressed"ß

I have discovered my input lag problems are directly related to FFB being enabled.....with FFB disabled it works perfectly no lag. Never had this problem previously.

I have discovered my input lag problems are directly related to FFB being enabled.....with FFB disabled it works perfectly no lag. Never had this problem previously.

If it helps........I think DCS changed something, because the Viper has a weird FFB problem, the FFB for pitch works perfectly, but the FFB for Roll axis is a different strength and all floppy.....

Just to report back, Force feedback does not work for me either on the F14. I get the shaking effect but no spring effect on the stick.

MSFFB2 user.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Sounds like ED has changed something related to FFB. I don't have my FFB stick with me, but to my knowledge none of our FFB code has changed in a very long time.

Would it be possible to check with someone at ED if something has indeed changed with regards to FFB or whether the fault is somewhere on our end?

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Just checked with MSFFB2 and open beta - no problems on my side.

Which OS are you using? (Might be related to me moving to Windows 10)

Yes, but it may take months for a response...:joystick:

Ok, went back and tested for a little bit. It appears that FFB does indeed work however only if the F14 is the first module I try to fly. If I fly any other module first, then the FFB is for some reason disabled in the F14.

So....*phew* it looks like I dodged the bullet this time. Thanks for the responses people!

Ok, went back and tested for a little bit. It appears that FFB does indeed work however only if the F14 is the first module I try to fly. If I fly any other module first, then the FFB is for some reason disabled in the F14.

So....*phew* it looks like I dodged the bullet this time. Thanks for the responses people!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=244960

Hi I have been trying to get this issue fixed for a very long time. It has been around since release.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Which OS are you using? (Might be related to me moving to Windows 10)

I am also running Windows 10

Having a few hickups with FFB though in DCS since the beginning.

Sometimes it just doesn´t work - but I can´t name a specific module as it appears randomly from time to time for me.

Most of the time it works fine though.

If you use vr you have to ensure the controller is plugged in properly before opening steamvr otherwise the ffb fails.

As I have said in the other thread there is an issue with the f14 and the f14 only. If you go from an one aircraft to the f14 you would not have the ffb from the f14 but the one from the Prius aircraft. And if you go from the f14 the same thing happens, or you have no ffb. The solution is closing Dcs unplugging and then restarting it all.

It is a massive faff which puts me off flying the f14.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals