"Bug" in Cold and dark startup training mission

Wizard1393

Since the recent release of the cockpit update, the Cold and dark startup training mission won't proceed past the step that requires the pilot to setup the radios. Probably because the mission triggers is looking for cockpit elements of the old radio.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Hey Chris! I am aware of that - I’ll look into the training this week and fix the easiest things, but the overhaul to cover all the new things will have to wait some time until everything is implemented and bugs squashed (as this is a major task requiring new voiceovers etc). So the order of work is: campaign update (done) - manual update (WiP) - training missions. Hope you guys can wait!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Np Baltic! I'm aware you probably know this and many other things broken due to the overhaul.

Just thought I'd report it still, just in case it wasn't reported. :)

EDIT: Order of work looks correctly prioritized to me. :thumbup:

EDIT2: Was the campaign updated in the same update as the cockpit update?

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can we have the tutorial M1 update soon? I recently bought the M-2000C in a sale, but trying to learn it for the first time I can't get past radios because of this. Please at least make the radios skippable so I can finish the tutorial for the time being.

Alternatively, is there a way to roll back and use the old version of M-2000C so the tutorial works properly?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally through, thanks for the work. Mirage 2k is the most gamer friendly aircraft so far, especially with the stick control (no other plane has its stick return to neutral position when I pull using the keyboard; it stays pulled... gets worst for the Su-25 and FC3 planes which I can never control properly with the keyboard).

There are a few more inconsistencies between the voiceover instructions and the cockpit buttons though, but at least those I can figure out from manual and a few youtube videos. For example the fact that radar needs to be in "emit" mode for radar-based INS update to work is not stated. There is also no "ENC" button anymore to prevent waypoint change.

But anyway this does the trick for now, overall I'm enjoying the degree of convenient control this one offers.

Finally through, thanks for the work. Mirage 2k is the most gamer friendly aircraft so far, especially with the stick control (no other plane has its stick return to neutral position when I pull using the keyboard; it stays pulled... gets worst for the Su-25 and FC3 planes which I can never control properly with the keyboard).

There are a few more inconsistencies between the voiceover instructions and the cockpit buttons though, but at least those I can figure out from manual and a few youtube videos. For example the fact that radar needs to be in "emit" mode for radar-based INS update to work is not stated. There is also no "ENC" button anymore to prevent waypoint change.

But anyway this does the trick for now, overall I'm enjoying the degree of convenient control this one offers.

I've updated that mission as well, waiting for the new VOs and I will push the updated training for release, hopefully in 1-2 weeks.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 1 month later...
Hey try one from this link and let me know if the problem persists.

Hi, just downloaded the mission and about to test it ;)

But I'm wondering, training mission still not updated ?! Any ETA please ?!

Thanks a lot for any information !!

Other little question any plan for missions and campaigns translation in French ??! If not I have now job at the moment so maybe you could hire me to do the module translation (into french only as I'm not really fluent with other langages except english ofc ;) )

Regards,

John "Kalon"

Edited by Kalonji

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------

DCS : A-10C - KA-50 - FC3 - UH-1H - M-2000C - F-16C - F/A-18C Pilot in Border Zone Elite Group :D:D:D

Well, just tested the updated training mission and it seems the radio part still has errors, but maybe it's because I'm not using english cockpit but the default one ?!

Other problem : when I arrive when I have to turn on the engine by pressing 1 sec on the ignition button nothing happens at all :cry: :helpsmilie:

Any chances there's a french tutorial on YT or anywhere else ?! Could watch an english tutoriala if the guy won't speak too fast :smilewink:

Any help welcome !!

Thanks a lot mates !

John "Kalon" is back after a 3 years forced break :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS : A-10C - KA-50 - FC3 - UH-1H - M-2000C - F-16C - F/A-18C Pilot in Border Zone Elite Group :D:D:D

For the engine - make sure that your throttle is all the way back and DON'T touch it unless you press the start button. I will check M1 but it worked for me, perhaps there was a mix-up with files during the update. Does the mission I linked work?

Ok I'll check that !! I'm pretty sure I moved the throttle ;) Tere's no way to put it back in position with a shortcut if needed ?!

The mission you linked worked until I had to start the engine so I'll give it another try and tell you ! But the part concerning the radio seems still not up tu date, it askes to pu u-vhf radio button in a position I can't find, I'll tell you which one when I re-do it :)

Thanks a lot for your help !!

John "Kalon"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Baltic Dragon : I went through the updated training mission you posted and I managed to start the plane !! :thumbup:

Pretty sure I moved the throttle that's why it didn't work ;) But it's okay now :smartass::pilotfly::joystick:

Though there's still a problem remaining with the V-UHF radio part : the instructor asks to move a knob on Pal or Pal+G but the radio only has O / PF / HQ / SY / DL / G / EN so I guess Pal or Pal+G are on the knob of the old radio system before it was updated...

I hope everything stands corrected in the future update ;)

John "Kalon"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Baltic Dragon

Training mission TM 01 - Cold Startup is still broken.

This is (at least) due to the revised UHF / COM2 / Red radio. The previous V/UHF Radio Function Selector' knob which the training mission requires you to set to 'Pal or Pal+G' has been replaced by the V\UHF Radio Function Selector which should be set to 'FF'.

Please fix this bug.

Hi Baltic Dragon

Training mission TM 01 - Cold Startup is still broken.

This is (at least) due to the revised UHF / COM2 / Red radio. The previous V/UHF Radio Function Selector' knob which the training mission requires you to set to 'Pal or Pal+G' has been replaced by the V\UHF Radio Function Selector which should be set to 'FF'.

Please fix this bug.

Hi mate !!

if you look at page 2 of the topic, Baltic gave a link with a corrected mission, can't remember if the radio is fixed but I know that fixed or not once you switch on the radios it's okay :thumbup:

I had problems with that mission too ;) but now I succeded without problems !! btw, just a question : are you in stable or openbeta version pal ?!

John "Kalon"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I seem to be having troubles with this mission as well.  I'm getting stuck at inputting the Lat/Long for alignment.  When I press the keys as instructed from the voice over, nothing happens.  I'm still searching for answers to get this to work, but I'm not finding any solution.  The INS turns on and shows digits displayed when L/G is selected.  But when I press + or -, and even start typing in coordinates, nothing works.

Help!

Edit: disregard, I found documentation detailing what changed. I’m surprised the training missions were not at least changed yet.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer