Lost of FPS after NVIDIA drivers update and roll back.

Starting from my spec: i5 7600k at 4 ghz, 32 gb ram ddr4, Evga 1070ti clocked in safe clock mode on win 10 OS.

I use to run dcs in 1920x1080 with 90- 180 fps, I had the 419.17 nvidia drivers, all good till I decided to try some newst drivers, released last week.

Lost roughly 60 fps with same control panel settings, so I decided to roll back, removed all the old drivers with DDU and reinstalled the 419.17.

Well same settings and everything and now I perform in between 45 and 90 fps only while on ground. Sometimes i get 100 ish flying above 10k feet.

Is still playable of course but I wonder wtf is going on with these drivers.

What drivers you guys using???? Any particular setting?

thx

Edited by Bigskill

Well, over the years i have experienced the same thing with various nVidia drivers. Never found out why it's happening sometimes. And yes, a rollback then never works to get back what you lost.

My guess is that "somehow" the FPS that's showed isn't always correct.

I had +/- the same issue lately when doing some tests with my Rift-S VR headset. All of a sudden i had a constant 80FPS showing which i only achive when looking at an empty sky or flying real high with nothing else going on.

Stop DCS, start DCS, same behavior. But then after a reboot, it fell back to the 40 i was normally seeing.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!