F-18 grip AddOn - close their real value.

Sokol1_br

That is a pretty good value at that price.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

It was as low as £139 on Amazon UK a week ago. Maybe there again, or lower, on Black Friday?

It was even lower 2 days ago...

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Apparently still $229. I'd be willing to pay that... if it included the base. I'll just keep using the MCG Pro.

Edited by Uxi

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

I used a price tracker. The lowest Amazon UK price was £139. Not lower. Back at a higher price now it is Black Friday. Go figure.

I can send you a screenshot of it hitting £129, as they only had and I bought it

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Apols. £129... you are correct. Me 2... I wish I had pressed "buy".

Nps man. Have to say, "it's a very nice".

If TM wasn't so greedy they'd sell the Hornet grip with the base and throttle. For those who don't own the Warthog.

I was initially going to wait for it to be sold with a base, then decided to buy the stick and a Virpil base. Problem solved.

F-18 grip AddOn - close their real value.

They just announced that the base will be sold separately.

http://mobile.thrustmaster.com/node/9213

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

They just announced that the base will be sold separately.

http://mobile.thrustmaster.com/node/9213

Wait a minute! The Warthog uses the F-16 grip in the A-10C. Now they're pushing it as an F-16 grip like it's something new and want $229 for it? Plus $159 for the base For me that adds up to $388 for the same thing we can buy now for $249. What sort of fool is going to fall for this con?

Buzz

That's not the part that gets me. They keep pushing that they have the F-16 stick to go with the new DCS F-16 module, but they don't mention anything about the throttle quadrant. I'm really confused as to why Thrustmaster didn't do anything about this prior to the release. They have the Cougar throttle quadrant already designed. They would need to redo the interface, but how hard would that be? They seem to have very little invested in development. Maybe the aircraft sims are too small a market for them?

They've been milking the Warthog HOTAS for so long, I can't help but think they'll be redoing the stickers on these bases to reflect the 20th anniversary 10 years from now.

Whoever buys this F-16 grip to his Warthog or Cougar HOTAS deserves to be spanked. Hard! TM must really believe that flight simmers are retards..

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

People were buying them for spares, for other bases, nothing wrong with that. Difference is, up until now you had to contact TM directly to buy one.

Besides, the old cougar stick is quite different so the Warthog grip can be considered an upgrade in that case too.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

People were buying them for spares, for other bases, nothing wrong with that. Difference is, up until now you had to contact TM directly to buy one.

Besides, the old cougar stick is quite different so the Warthog grip can be considered an upgrade in that case too.

At least in the Cougar grip all switches were high quality japanese OMRON, while in the Warthog they replaced the most important ones with crappy copper membrane switches. They didnt change anything on the (mushy) hat design or mechanically stressed Zamac parts (tailpiece). That is as cheap as you can possibly make it and hardly an improvement. :/

I guess the correct paddle switch geometry can be considered an upgrade though.

In the new F-16 grip there is probably even more Zamac and less OMRON... Not a fan of what TM is doing currently, especially at that price point.

You're missing the point. TM is selling the same A-10C Warthog grip as a new F-16 grip as if they developed a new grip for the Viper and charging a premium price for it.

Buzz