Mi8, Gunsight "problem/issue"

paco2002

Anyway I still support adding to the game possibility to remove hardpoints and EVU during mission. If it will be a little realistic, so you have to shutdown helicopter, let exhausts cooldown and then at least 1 minute for removal of hardpoints and gunsight, another one minute to remove EVU plus don't forget time to remove currently loaded weapons.

this is impossible.

for the same reason we cannot have door gunners without the gunsight.

its the way the base game handles weapons.

and would involve a complete rewrite of the base game weapons system.

and all modules that use weapons.

and ED have said they are not going to do it.

this comes up a lot with the huey and people who want to fly a proper US slick..

just door gunners without flex sights and empty flex mounts..

if they cannot rewrite the base game then the next best option is to let us make things invisible.

even if they have a hidden cost in drag and weight.

they did exactly this to give people an F/A-18 without pylons.. they just made the pylons invisible.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

this is impossible.

this comes up a lot with the huey and people who want to fly a proper US slick..

if they cannot rewrite the base game then the next best option is to let us make things invisible.

they did exactly this to give people an F/A-18 without pylons.. they just made the pylons invisible.

And i Will add that they did the same with the F/A 18/C101 HOTAS Stick controls; you can set them to invisible by clicking the base of the stick, i should ask the same for helo gunsights aswell.

Mi8 gunsight and EVU ingame

this is impossible.

Another problem with mounting gunsight is you need it to correlate is with weapons and this is not 5 minutes setting but half a day pain in the ass of every armourer.

They can do 2 setups of weapon slots like to have just 2 hard points for gunners or all 8 for gunners and weapons. Or they also add set hardpoints for fuel tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by DeMonteur

Mi8, Gunsight "problem/issue"

Hello everyone.

Im a VR user, and i love the Mi8, but i have a problem with the Gunsight, the problem is that is really uncoftable to fly the Mi8 because it has the gunsight in the middle of the face, you have to move your body left or right and (at least in my case) my neck and my back will start hurting.

I know that I'm not the only one who is suffering this, that's why i made this thread,

I think a fix to this would be to have a simple option to click in the cockpit gunsight to make it dissapear. I know it sounds so "Unrealistic" but in real life you can fly the Mi8 with and without gunsight.

And be honest, doesn't the C101/F18 has the hablity to click in the Joystick and make them dissapear? Why we can't have that but for the Mi8 and the pilot gunsight?

* I know you can disable the hardpoints and the gunsight with that, but if i disable the gunsight i will no longer have the hablity to load door gunners.

** And i'm asking this for mainly the multiplayer, because when you join a server you don't have the hablity to add an slot that doesn't have waypoints and another one that has, appart from that i would rarely think that if i told any server admin to add that would tell me no because its "idiots work" to add something that's added.

*** I made another thread about this, but it wasn't in the bugs/problem section, and i see this as a problem, so I decided to make this.

"Don't use curves on your joystick, that is not realistic!11 a REAL pilot has no curves either!11":joystick::pilotfly:

Please, if you go on about realism, think about all the little workarounds we already have. We can not with our hardware (Monitors, headtracking, VR, gaming joysticks etc.) be 'as realistic as possible'. Like with curves for joysticks with tiny amounts of travel compared to their real life counterparts, there will always be workarounds and trade offs ingame and IRL to make this sim work, with all the different setups out there.

I don't even fly in VR and find the sight problematic at times. There is also the reality of the MP scene and the people that build those missions. Nevermind the disregard to their workload...

Even if you can make specific changes for an Aircraft in the editor, most of the mission builders don't take the time to do it properly for every slot/aircraft group, or don't know about the module and what the player needs/wants. Anyone who ever worked on a really big MP mission can assure you, the amount of time it takes, the troubleshooting, the endless fiddling around, is simply frustrating. And now the mission builder has to consider which obscure aircraft specific settings have to be set up for every slot, instead of allowing the player to make a sensible decision/use his own settings.

Most of the "ah you can just set it up how you like in ME"-group(for other modules&features aswell) doesn't seem to be really multiplayer oriented, or they would know half the time on a public server you have a incomplete flight plan, nevermind small things like radio frequencys, hardpoints etc.

Current system(no way to allow ingame change of aircraft specific options) urgently needs a rework, and stands in the way of fleshing out many other systems ingame(radio/nav presets for example). In the meantime consider poor VR folks and make an option to make this invis, we can already do similar in many modules.

Edited by ApoNOOB

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
I know, but i'm speaking about, for example, entering a server we're you got the Mi8 with the EVU and gunsight and you don't wan't them. I was speaking about this situation that is the most common one.

Btw, for example the UH-1H has a gunsight that you can move out of the way when you don't need it, that could be a Good adittion.

I will mention it to the team, but I can not promise anything.

This falls under a feature request and things are pretty busy at the moment.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks Big Newy, we appreciate it nonetheless!

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB