F-18 with FSX: Acceleration

TorwaK

I installed FSX: Acceleration and checked. As I expected, high graphic quality and nice flight physics, but anyway something is absent there. It couldn't satisfy me like Lock-On.

63503693zk7.jpg

35879452kz0.jpg

99910352nw7.jpg

28709639dr7.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

Hello TorwaK,

thanks for posting these screenies. One thing I still have to see is a screenshot of that FSX Hornet with half or full flaps deployed. Would you mind posting a screenie showing exactly this? That would be great, because up to this day I was not able to get solid information whether the flaps work like on the real thing.

Thank you!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thanks GOZR, I'll check it out.

Hi Torwak,

I fly it to, but hmm noo, it realy doesn't feel like lockon, looks more arcade.

Grtz...Ross...

Configuration:  

Windows 11 Home/ Intel Core i9-12900FRTX 3080 10 GB/ 64GB DDR4-3200/ 2 TB m.2 NVMe/ HP Reverb G2/V2/ Thrustmaster Cougar Hotas/ 

INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT@ross_impress • Instagram-foto's en -video's  (everything about the real flying world, drone and DCS)

Hello TorwaK,

thanks for posting these screenies. One thing I still have to see is a screenshot of that FSX Hornet with half or full flaps deployed. Would you mind posting a screenie showing exactly this? That would be great, because up to this day I was not able to get solid information whether the flaps work like on the real thing.

Thank you!

Sure I'll do it, check this thread later.

Hi Torwak,

I fly it to, but hmm noo, it realy doesn't feel like lockon, looks more arcade.

I know bud... it didn't satisfy me too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

I tend to just fly around the mountains, though I use the Team KBT Super Hornet and downloaded a couple attack helos for helo training.

Gallery26.thumb.jpg.03648a2a2042012ba9c67a97198d4dee.jpg

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

• 3 weeks later...

169 Ross

I work on FM under FSX and i can tell you that Lockon's FM is not good.

90 % of the planes made for FSX are wrong as well but after some work they can be very good as i did for many.

I can compare the Mig29 from Lockon and my Mig29 FM... not even funny.. ;)

To say this FM is good everybody who say this must have experience with this I mean the best if is a pilot. If not you can't say it is good or not, you can suppose that this FM is better than another. But it will be always supposes, not facts.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

This F18 as just the height, compression to fix the land handling problem.. The power ouput is changed but the FM is the same to ovoid histeria with the pilots Sim for now :)

And yes you can change the roll at different speed as well has adding G's roll limitation etc..

(...)I see what you mean for the carrier i'll see what i can do with it when i'll get back to it. Thx to lets me know this ..

Maybe it's a problem of mission designing now. The Hornet has been placed by devs in wrong position, height for new contact points, i don't know...? On airfields it works perfectly.

TorwaK, when do you think you will be able to post those screenshots? I am just curious. Hope you don't mind me asking! :smilewink:

Opss... sorry bud at least days I was very busy. PigPen's SS are enough or should I post more?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Opss... sorry bud at least days I was very busy. PigPen's SS are enough or should I post more?

Yes please, that would be great. In the screenshot posted by PigPen I can see the flaps can be deployed to the Take-Off position, but not more (like full flaps = trailing edge main flap droops 47 degrees, ailerons droop 45 degrees down)? Also, only the trailing edge flaps seem to be deployed on the FSX Hornet, not so the leading edge flaps, yes? Excuse me for bothering, but can somebody definately confirm that you can manually select half or full flaps in the FSX Hornet, and the flaps are deployed then like on the real F/A-18? That is what I am interested about.

There are three settings for the flaps on the real Hornet, which are AUTO, HALF and FULL. Auto is for cruising flight, half is for take-off and full for landing. During each of the three selections the leading and trailing edge droop is varying according to MACH and AOA.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]