DCS Academy

DeltaMike

Are the open slots released on Saturday or Sunday? I’ve been by on both and haven’t seen any openings posted in the past is it possible to provide names ahead of time and you fill the slots available when those names and just announce who was selected and a new list starts after that announcement?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

^Good suggestion, easier said than done. We've kicked around the idea of doing cadet interviews, but hate to put up barriers (real or perceived) for people new to DCS, or new to multiplayer. In the meanwhile, can't hurt to strike up a conversation.

Couple of comments on "conversation." Please keep in mind we maintain a positive atmosphere. For example, as you read through the forum, isn't it more pleasant to read posts by people who are enthusiastic, thankful for what we have here with DCS, and eager to share knowledge? We feel the same way. With that in mind, BlacleyCole, I'm really looking forward to flying with you!

Some general advice: yall be mindful of how you manage your first impressions. You don't have to be obsequious -- certain amount of swagger is to be expected right -- just be careful not to appear gripey or (heaven forbid) whiney. Steely eyed aviators don't whine.

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

^Good suggestion, easier said than done. We've kicked around the idea of doing cadet interviews, but hate to put up barriers (real or perceived) for people new to DCS, or new to multiplayer. In the meanwhile, can't hurt to strike up a conversation.

Couple of comments on "conversation." Please keep in mind we maintain a positive atmosphere. For example, as you read through the forum, isn't it more pleasant to read posts by people who are enthusiastic, thankful for what we have here with DCS, and eager to share knowledge? We feel the same way. With that in mind, BlacleyCole, I'm really looking forward to flying with you!

Some general advice: yall be mindful of how you manage your first impressions. You don't have to be obsequious -- certain amount of swagger is to be expected right -- just be careful not to appear gripey or (heaven forbid) whiney. Steely eyed aviators don't whine.

“Steely eyed aviators don’t whine” ok now I’m starting doubt your bona fides! You’ve clearly never flown with my mob. The collective noun for a group of airline pilots is a “whinge” :D

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

• 2 weeks later...
We have people all over the world, including Oz. Keep an eye on the discord for announcements.

Do you mean that there are specific drawings for different time zones or are you supposed to enter whenever a draw is opened regardless of what time zone you are from?

We have instructors in Europe and one in Australia, also we have sessions on the weekend that can accommodate everyone

NEWS

We now have four official servers and two private, affiliated servers offering a variety of experiences.

Carrier ops training is up and running. Typically we will have a group of 3 or 4 take off from land, find the carrier, interact with marshall and get em all on the deck with-- eventually, we hope -- a minimum amount of thrashing around

Multiplayer events tend to coalesce spontaneously. We typically have some kind of event Monday evenings, either carrier ops or formation practice. AIC training has traditionally been on Friday nights. And we usually have ATC practice early Saturday, at a time that's convenient for people all over the world. On the Saturday morning practices, we have one real-life military ATC controller, several IRL pilots and ATC trainees manning the radios, and level 1 cadets practicing navigation, formation flying and approaches.

Our first cohort is moving into Phase 2. Some are focused on RIO, most are starting to move into BFM after mastering formation flying and aerobatics at the end of Phase 1.

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

In Discord I read the DCS Academy is closed!?

I hoped OFS and DCS Academy can do a cooperation.

Unfortunately HawaiianRyan was not interested.

Can I help somehow? The english translation and concepts of openflightschool.de are growing really slowly. But if a few tutors and students want to continue, we are always open for discussions!

Best regards,

kaltokri

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
In Discord I read the DCS Academy is closed!?

I hoped OFS and DCS Academy can do a cooperation.

Unfortunately HawaiianRyan was not interested.

Can I help somehow? The english translation and concepts of openflightschool.de are growing really slowly. But if a few tutors and students want to continue, we are always open for discussions!

Best regards,

kaltokri

We have been in contact before when i launched my Krasnodar Higher United Flight-Technical School (KVOLTU) aspirations. I am more than interested in joining some sort of coop with anyone interested in helping to tutor DCS to especially new players.

The catch is:

I(we)do NOT fly western planes more than maybe the odd 10 minute flight, it is eastern all the way, that makes the interest much lower than if i flew on or had an interest in the "right" side.

Don't get me wrong in support of DCS i own almost every flyable module and every map but the heart wants what the heart wants and as such i am content with the much hated lower fidelity models that exist for us redheads.(i do NOT see anything wrong with any of the FC3 modules, no they are not fully systems modelled but still has good FM and offer just as much if not more FUN)

The idea of working with someone as a Instructor/Cadet team in an L-39 or Yak52(especially when it becomes a finished product sometime in the future)is especially interesting to me. For someone with more knowledge and experience than me i shall be the cadet and the other way around i would be the instructor, love interacting with real people and not the lame AI that does not know how to follow a simple order.

A fair bit of "roleplaying" would be required to set my idea of pilot training as it was in the USSR of the 80's and 90's into life, but maybe there is a chance of likeminded souls out there somewhere in DCS land.

Edited by Thor_H

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria