Militariy Aircraft Mod

No luck refueling with the F-16 either on the KC-10.  The boom moves rather erratically when I'm well below or slightly to the side, but never makes contact. If you try to fly in good position, the boom won't try to move at all. Any chance this can be looked at? Is it just a matter of changing the coordinates in the .lua? I could try and test that out pretty easily, but anything beyond that is beyond my limits.

Would love to have diversity in tankers, and the model is so beautiful. Hope this gets looked at again. I think I'm the 3rd person posting on this since February. 

• Like 4

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 12:39 AM, TheBigTatanka said:

No luck refueling with the F-16 either on the KC-10.  The boom moves rather erratically when I'm well below or slightly to the side, but never makes contact. If you try to fly in good position, the boom won't try to move at all. Any chance this can be looked at? Is it just a matter of changing the coordinates in the .lua? I could try and test that out pretty easily, but anything beyond that is beyond my limits.

Would love to have diversity in tankers, and the model is so beautiful. Hope this gets looked at again. I think I'm the 3rd person posting on this since February. 

Agreed. Would love to have the KC-10 fixed.

• Like 4

On 12/24/2021 at 3:13 PM, Chenstrap said:

Any chance we could get an update to the B2 to use the new callsigns added to the B1/B52?

For those unaware the last update added new callsigns to a handful of aircraft, though they all do not have voice commands as of yet. The A400, C2,  works with the handful of new transport callsigns, but the B2 didnt get any of the new B1 or B52 callsigns sadly

You can try using the luas I've modified for personal use. I added a few extra callsigns from the B-52 and B-1B to the B-2 (not all of them). Also added a rotary system to the B-2, and changed the name of all the units to follow the naming convention of official units.

Military Aircraft Modified lua.7z

Edited by Xeno426
  • Thanks 3

• 2 months later...
On 7/25/2020 at 10:57 PM, virulosity said:

Do you have any recommendations for getting the V-22 to land on a small runway? It doesn't like Tunb 🙂

Been Looking at the V-22 and its seems this has been a while without it being addressed.  Im guessing we need to change the configuration to make DCS think its a smaller category aircraft like the AV-8b ? There seems to be several issues also say forcing it to take off from ground, it never seems to transition to full flight with 0 rotor tilt.  

LandRWCategories = 
    {
        [1] = 
        {
           Name = "HelicopterCarrier",
        },
        [2] = 
        {
           Name = "AircraftCarrier",
        },
        [3] = 
        {
            Name = "AircraftCarrier With Catapult",
        }, 
        [4] = 
        {
            Name = "AircraftCarrier With Tramplin",
        }, 
    },
	TakeOffRWCategories = 
    {
        [1] = 
        {
            Name = "HelicopterCarrier",
        },
        [2] = 
        {
           Name = "AircraftCarrier",
        },
        [3] = 
        {
            Name = "AircraftCarrier With Catapult",
        }, 
        [4] = 
        {
            Name = "AircraftCarrier With Tramplin",
        }, 
    },

OR maybe adding different types of categories for these criteria.  Has anyone had luck forcing it to land at smaller airfields or transition and land vertically on a Helipad ? 

Thanks

19 minutes ago, Urbi said:

I've never seen an AV-8B land on a helipad as an AI. At ED there is probably an entry that says VSTOL but nothing more, there is no combination of airplane and helicopter. either ... or. one could write two V22_Osprey.lua. one for vertical and one for horizontal, with the vertical version only allowed to start from the ground. then it keeps the rotor blades horizontal but also flies like this over the whole route.

airplane :

mapclasskey     = "P0091000029",
        attribute         = {wsType_Air,wsType_Airplane,wsType_Cruiser,WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER,"Transports","Refuelable","Datalink", "Link16",},
        Categories = {"{C168A850-3C0B-436a-95B5-C4A015552560}", "Plane",},

and helicopter:

mapclasskey         = "P0091000021",
    attribute              = {wsType_Air, wsType_Helicopter, wsType_Battleplane, WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER ,"Attack helicopters",},
    Categories             = {"{828CEADE-3F1D-40aa-93CE-8CDB73FE2710}", "Helicopter",},    

Ok thanks Urbi, Will test.  

Was able to force them to Takeoff Ground (only starts one motor) and takeoff ground hot, however never really cruises correctly.  
Hopefully this solution a workaround.

You dont know what codes the V-22 to a larger aircraft category so that its not able to land or be placed on smaller airfields do you ?  Example the E-2C etc dissapear on landing on certain smaller airports, so its either coded into the aircraft or the airports on the map for certain types.  

Wondering if I can make the V-22 show up like the AV-8B(Smaller FIghter) and other small aircraft can be placed on certain airfields that the larger stuff cannot.  

Thanks again !

Edited by Shrike88
  • Like 1

In the past I have found the easiest way to get larger aircraft to land on smaller airfields is to reduce the wing size etc lines in the lua.

The game seems to work on the size of the wing when it dumps a landed aircraft out of the game, if its wings are too big for what it has nominated as smaller parking spots on an airfield, and there are no large aircraft parking spots on that airfield, it is 'disappeared' - its that simple. 

You cant change the data for the airfield (I might be wrong about that - I dont actually know, its a guess) - but you can change the size of the wings on some aircraft. 

wing_area    =    580,
wing_span    =    60.89,

The physical size of the wing does not change, but the game sees it as a smaller wing.  Logically the wing tip vortex positions should not need to be changed but if they do its this line:

wing_tip_pos =     {-13.527,    4.161,    25.87},

ps:  I have used this small change on many of the MAM and CAM aircraft without further issues, but I'm guessing the collision box size may also be altered.  Try it and see for yourself. 

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

In the past I have found the easiest way to get larger aircraft to land on smaller airfields is to reduce the wing size etc lines in the lua.

The game seems to work on the size of the wing when it dumps a landed aircraft out of the game, if its wings are too big for what it has nominated as smaller parking spots on an airfield, and there are no large aircraft parking spots on that airfield, it is 'disappeared' - its that simple. 

You cant change the data for the airfield (I might be wrong about that - I dont actually know, its a guess) - but you can change the size of the wings on some aircraft. 

wing_area    =    580,
wing_span    =    60.89,

The physical size of the wing does not change, but the game sees it as a smaller wing.  Logically the wing tip vortex positions should not need to be changed but if they do its this line:

wing_tip_pos =     {-13.527,    4.161,    25.87},

ps:  I have used this small change on many of the MAM and CAM aircraft without further issues, but I'm guessing the collision box size may also be altered.  Try it and see for yourself. 

Oh wow thank you so Much ! will test and try it out tomorrow. Appreciate it 

Shrike

• 4 weeks later...

Downloaded the file, but I keep getting unrecoverable errors

Extracting to "D:\Updates\DCS\Mods\Military_Aircraft_Mod_V1.7.1a\"
Use Path: yes   Overlay Files: no
Extracting Military Aircraft Mod\A400M_Atlas.lua
Irrecoverable Error: Attempt to access a file detail that isn't specified.

This happens even if I individually select each file

Can anyone help?

Talent hits a target no one else can hit, genius hits a target no one else can detect

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x CPU@4.5Ghz, ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, 64GB Corsair Venegence DDR 3200 RAM, MSI Rtx 3060 12GB Primary GPU, ASUS GTX 1650 4GB Secondary GPU, 40" 1920x1080 Samsung Monitor, 32" 1360x768 Sony Monitor, 32" Dynex 1360x768 Monitor, 1TB Seagate Firecuda M2 PCIe 4 OS SSD, 2TB Western Digital Blue M2 PCIe 3 storage SSD, 8TB Samsung 870QVO storage SSD, Western Digital Blue 1TB storage SATA, 2x Thrustmaster T16000 (LH and RH), Warthog Joy/Throttle/TPRS, 6 x Cougar MFDs (4 with Generic VGA 800x600 displays), Track IR 5 with IR Trackstar V3, Logitech G910 Tactile Keyboard, Logitech G604 Lightspeed Mouse, Logitech F310 Gamepad, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Soul: None (sold long ago to the MGOMU, also known as Princess)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have an issue getting the P-3 to orbit when started from the ground. If an air start with the spawn point set to orbit, it works fine, but when flying a full flight path from the ramp to the patrol area, it ignores the orbit command and simply flies through the route and RTBs.

16 hours ago, Shrike88 said:

So Im guessing this Mod is shelved and no longer worked on or updated ? Still no fix for the KC-10 / F-16 Refueling issue. . . . 

I have the same questions.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Not abandoned.

Besides the new aircraft mods they are working on,

AND, the FM;s They are creating for them,

And trying to stay on top of all the fixes and requests,

I suspect they have their hands full!

They monitor these threads.

News will be provided when there is news to share.

Thanks for understanding!

Cheers!

And Happy Holidays!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

3 hours ago, Hawkeye60 said:

Not abandoned.

Besides the new aircraft mods they are working on,

AND, the FM;s They are creating for them,

And trying to stay on top of all the fixes and requests,

I suspect they have their hands full!

They monitor these threads.

News will be provided when there is news to share.

Thanks for understanding!

Cheers!

And Happy Holidays!

Yea possibly Hands are full.  Just going though the dates seems this has been an issue since F-16 Release.  Ill have to dig though the position on the KC-10.lua and see if its something I can try and tweak with the bounding box and boom position.  Thanks 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

MAM is a VSN product

WinZip cannot extract it used Win.rar to do it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

38 minutes ago, El Phantasmo said:

thank you @El Phantasmo

If I change the altitude on your mission it breaks just like mine, however it clearly works at Angels 38000 or lower. 

Here is my mission. 

I have done the exact same thing as you - yet mine never drops and I don't know why. 

Please would you take a look and advise? I literally have no idea at this point. 

BurnTheirFlocksByNight.miz

16 minutes ago, Elphaba said:

thank you @El Phantasmo

If I change the altitude on your mission it breaks just like mine, however it clearly works at Angels 38000 or lower. 

Here is my mission. 

I have done the exact same thing as you - yet mine never drops and I don't know why. 

Please would you take a look and advise? I literally have no idea at this point. 

BurnTheirFlocksByNight.miz 533.92 kB · 0 downloads

You are using some mods that I do not have so I cant test that. If you want to send me a version with only the assets from this mod I can take a look

6 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

When you want to open/run a mission and you don't have all mods included you ca use this https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3322208/ 😉

I tried that app and it broke the mission file completely.

Do you not have WW2 assets? That and MAM are the only two mods in the newer version I've just uploaded. 

If I take the ww2 assets out there's no buildings there to bomb!

Edited by Elphaba

4 hours ago, Elphaba said:

I tried that app and it broke the mission file completely.

Do you not have WW2 assets? That and MAM are the only two mods in the newer version I've just uploaded. 

If I take the ww2 assets out there's no buildings there to bomb!

Yes I have, and I am full modded and absolutely no problem with the soft

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

• 1 month later...