Militariy Aircraft Mod

Can you refuel from the KC-10? specifically the basket?

With the boom yes, no basket is modeled.

Plus it’s a DCS World limitation, you can’t do boom and basket from the same aircraft. That’s why we have two KC-135s in the game.

Only way is to have another KC-10 with basket modeled/added.

With the boom yes, no basket is modeled.

Plus it’s a DCS World limitation, you can’t do boom and basket from the same aircraft. That’s why we have two KC-135s in the game.

Only way is to have another KC-10 with basket modeled/added.

Could that be added? Allegedly the KC-10s with basket were preferred by Tomcat pilots for refueling during OEF/OIF, maybe due to the higher speed and less turbulence tanking from a basket off the boom instead of wingtips.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Hi this is a great addition to DCS. What are the longer term plans, will you be adding to these over time or stop somewhere? I'm really hoping you wont stop, because the quality is such that this and CAM are worthy to be part of the core game at least in my own humble opinion.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Could that be added? Allegedly the KC-10s with basket were preferred by Tomcat pilots for refueling during OEF/OIF, maybe due to the higher speed and less turbulence tanking from a basket off the boom instead of wingtips.

Can’t speak to it being added but for clarification the KC-10 doesn’t attach a basket to the boom. Realistically it can refuel with the boom and then the next flight off the basket.

Hi this is a great addition to DCS. What are the longer term plans, will you be adding to these over time or stop somewhere? I'm really hoping you wont stop, because the quality is such that this and CAM are worthy to be part of the core game at least in my own humble opinion.

+1. Agreed.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

What a great MOD!! Thank you!!:)

I've managed to refuel from the KC-10 with the F-15C,

but the boom seemed about 2 meters far from the refuel door in the F-15C while connected.

something to fix for later.

Thanks again! :thumbup:

Callsign   SETUP

Hi this is a great addition to DCS. What are the longer term plans, will you be adding to these over time or stop somewhere?

I also would love to see more planes being added to this Mod, but we have to take into account that @cdpkobra is purchasing the 3D models, and then adapt them for DCS use.

These are not free, in fact are quite expensive:

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/mcdonnell-douglas-extender-3d-model/860815

so, I'm glad to see these being shared with us, and I thank this team for doing so.

best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I'm not saying or urging you to do it, but I do think it would be cool to add some older aircraft into the mod if you can find them. Stuff like the C-141, C-119, the Antonov An-12 and An-22. That sort of thing. Maybe even a separate version of the mod for WW2 and early Cold War AI aircraft.

Just my thoughts.

were these created from scratch, or model has been puchased first? If the latter is the case, I'm willing to donate for next bunch

I would be as well. One of the better mods out there, by far.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

I'll third this as well. Can we purchase units we're interested in? This could be an interesting community mod pack

Agreed!

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I understand that Mods created for DCS may not receive monetary support from us, at least thats how I interpret the DCS license:

(b) if you decide to make available the use of the New Game Materials created by you to others, you agree to do so solely without charge, unless with prior approval and a licence from Eagle Dynamics SA. This includes selling of the New Game Material(s), donations, Kickstarter funding, and any other means in which funds are transferred to you for your New Game Materials. All such work must remain Freeware;

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/license/

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

They've not asked for any sort of monetary contribution, the collective community is just asking how we can expand this mod, if possible. The initial planes were bought by someone and converted. We're just asking if it's possible to increase the scope is all as a community contribution.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Hey guys,

We talked about contributions yesterday.

We are a little team and every model is a lot of work to get them ingame.

Also we do it for fun in our small sparetime. Its our hobby.

When we accept contributions, we have to deliver and then it's no more hobby it's work.

That's not what we want.

Thanks for your support!:thumbup:

but we will not accept contributions. Sorry

In the meantime we work on the basket for KC-10.

The model is done. Textures wip.

but we have some gameplay problems to solve.

Lua changes for b2 also done.

Performance problems for KC-10 wip. If someone have a good working lua pls contact me.

@BlackLibrary - what I ment with my post is - if you decide to do a particular model, I'm willing to purchase, or help purchasing 3d model if you need to buy it (unless you are modeling them from scratch). No quid pro quo from my side (hehe)

@BlackLibrary

Thanks for the mod.

I don't know if this has been reported. When refueling from the KC-10, the boom does not "appear" to be connected when CONTACT is established and taking on fuel. It is a bit high and to the side.

Screen-200211-143933.png

Screen-200211-144102.png

Screen-200211-144304.png

I have been able to refuel only from the F-16 so far. In the A-10, I am not able to establish comms- UHF or VHF frequencies.

Edited by Chaz

I am new to DCS and even newer to installing mods. I want to leave a note in here for any other person that might stumble across this great mod and not be 100% sure how to install it.

As instructed, I went into "\Users\UserName\Saved Games\DCS" to install. In my case, I had to create a "Mods" directory and then an "aircraft" sub-directory. Once in that sub-directory, I expanded the .7z file.

Crucially, the files all extracted directly into the aircraft folder. I started DCS and couldn't figure out how to check out the aircraft. I tried the Encyclopedia and the Mission Editor. I couldn't see the planes in either one.

After trying a number of different things, I decided to create a "Military Aircraft Mod" folder inside the "aircraft" folder and then placed all of the extracted files into that folder. Presto! The airplanes now show up in the Mission Editor.

So, my lesson is that it seems like the program expects to find the mods in their own folder within the folder referencing the type of mod being installed (aircraft in this case).

This may well be self-evident to everyone else, but it wasn't to me, so hopefully this helps someone else.

Thanks, by the way, for a great mod!

I am new to DCS and even newer to installing mods. I want to leave a note in here for any other person that might stumble across this great mod and not be 100% sure how to install it.

As instructed, I went into "\Users\UserName\Saved Games\DCS" to install. In my case, I had to create a "Mods" directory and then an "aircraft" sub-directory. Once in that sub-directory, I expanded the .7z file.

Crucially, the files all extracted directly into the aircraft folder. I started DCS and couldn't figure out how to check out the aircraft. I tried the Encyclopedia and the Mission Editor. I couldn't see the planes in either one.

After trying a number of different things, I decided to create a "Military Aircraft Mod" folder inside the "aircraft" folder and then placed all of the extracted files into that folder. Presto! The airplanes now show up in the Mission Editor.

So, my lesson is that it seems like the program expects to find the mods in their own folder within the folder referencing the type of mod being installed (aircraft in this case).

This may well be self-evident to everyone else, but it wasn't to me, so hopefully this helps someone else.

Thanks, by the way, for a great mod!

No prob. We´ve all been there at some point.

Welcome and enjoy DCS.

F.