Downloading 2.5?

BuzzU

Let me say upfront, I have a fast internet speed. Yesterday I decided to download the OB version of 2.5. The download speed was really bad. So, I did some experiments. I downloaded the stable and open beta version 3 times each. This was the result.

The stable version was between 14.2-14.4 MB/s. It stayed at that speed for the whole download.

The OB version was between 3.3- 6.6MB/s with the majority of the download at 3.5MB/s

Why is there such a difference? I repeated it 3 times to make sure it was accurate. The speeds stayed the same as I listed for all downloads.

Buzz

Let me say upfront, I have a fast internet speed. Yesterday I decided to download the OB version of 2.5. The download speed was really bad. So, I did some experiments. I downloaded the stable and open beta version 3 times each. This was the result.

The stable version was between 14.2-14.4 MB/s. It stayed at that speed for the whole download.

The OB version was between 3.3- 6.6MB/s with the majority of the download at 3.5MB/s

Why is there such a difference? I repeated it 3 times to make sure it was accurate. The speeds stayed the same as I listed for all downloads.

How did you download torrent or direct?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Ryzen 9 5900x | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | 32GB RAM 

they are p2p distribution by default, not center server. you connect with people , and they are not always the same in BitTorrent network. and the speed will NOT always stay as same. just matter of time, they may shift and changes in BitTorrent. unless you only got the original source server , but it aslo change because other ppl may connect it as well.

when with HTTP method, it has multiple server across euro and US, you may not always get same server for deliver ob and stable, and internet capacity on server , on route , by ISP policy may very different because all kind of traffic.

Edited by Insonia

maybe just more ppl keep seeding stable. or those seeders have more bandwidth.

by common sense they should not always same, unless their are the original source seeders( official server) as i mentioned.

usually if you put torrent file in a decent BT client, you can see actually who contribute most of speed. and the seeds health stat which one is more "popular" in general. probably they wont be the same or the offcial seeder have speed policy settings. who knows.

if you want to jump into those tech details.

you can find those torrent file under _download folder while downloading. put them into a BT software.

Edited by Insonia

Over the years i've probably downloaded the stable version 10-12 times. Every single time the speed is at the same speed.

Yesterday was the first time to download the OB version. It was always the same after 3 tries throughout the day.

This is too consistent to be a coincidence.

Buzz