Cold start training mission giving me trouble

Well I load up the training mission it gives me the sill and tells me the lt win+home quick start key combo and then goes on and states hit the spacebar to continue, I do and nothing happens I hit it several more time hit enter no joy. I try the quick start combo and it starts running the macro. It would be nice if the missions would work iirc I have had the same problem in the past I went in and redid that one so I could get by that step but it sad that things don’t work when it comes out if they are using the ascii code of 20 to check for it should work. I have a Acer Predator laptop the spacebar on it didn’t work I tried adding an high price gaming keyboard and it still didn’t work. I’m not sure f the code for Russian keyboard and a us keyboard and that’s the trouble. Or am I not waiting long enough after the speaker stops talking and the release to check for the spacebar

Anyone else having this problem or am I alone. I’m trying to learn this module as the videos and systems come online.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

BlacleyCole,

The default command activated by the Space Bar is "GUN/CAMERA trigger - SECOND DETENT"

If you have changed the keyboard binding for this action, then that will break the tutorial, as it's actually looking for a 2nd stage trigger command, not a specific keyboard press.

This would coincide with your experience of trying different keyboards with no luck.

ok ill check on it

edit: checked out restored settings to default , went in the control setup , then pull up the training cold start mission. it ran to the pause awaiting for spacebar i hit the spacebar and nothing happens should i try to set the gun/camera second detent to something else?

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Okay BlacleyCole,

I just tried the F-16C Cold Start training mission on my computer. The SPACEBAR advances the mission, but my joystick trigger did not (what spacebar is mapped to for the Viper). This likely means the simulator logic has changed, and it's no longer looking for a trigger press, but an actual keyboard spacebar event.

My next best guess would be for you to run a repair of DCS World. I think you have an option to repair via your start menu, but otherwise it's a simple command used when launching the DCS_updater.exe program.

Check this thread for all things update/repair of DCS World. Let us know how it goes. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030