winter update still on track? (yak-52 candlelit vigil)

twistking

• ED Team

We have not forgotten and we will do our best to get some news to you.

I will be mentioning it in my weekly report to management.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I really enjoy flying the Yak. It would be nice to be able to go somewhere without having to use the F10 map and use the aircraft’s own navigation system.[...]

Yes, the missing ADF was the biggest dissapintment for me. ED, please fix!

We have not forgotten and we will do our best to get some news to you.

I will be mentioning it in my weekly report to management.

Hey Bignewy,

as much as i'd love to see a juicy development report with pictures and videos, rocketpods and a handwritten letter by Wags himself, i'd also be happy, if you could just check with the devs and post a line or two in the forum about the development status and maybe an guestimate ETA for the patch.

Because of the Yak state I didn't bought F18, F16 and others and started to play IL-2. I am nobody, but... an average nobody.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Because of the Yak state I didn't bought F18, F16 and others [...] I am nobody, but... an average nobody.
I think the yak has been my last purchase as well. Now i'm waiting until a module is in a proper state. You get a better module for less and only need some patience... we are propely not alone.

• ED Team

Hi all

I have spoken with the team, the goal is to have the YAK-52 finished and released this year 2020. We will update you with news as this progresses of course.

Thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Pretty vague and doesnt instill confidence. Smh...

Agreed. It is literally the first month of the year. It has been almost 1 and a half YEARS since the Yak was released. It really takes the mick.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

I bought the Yak in August 2018. Quite dissapointing to see the pace it's getting developed and it sure isn't one of the complicated aircraft. The Supercarrier was my last EA buy for a very long time.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I bought the Yak in August 2018. Quite dissapointing to see the pace it's getting developed and it sure isn't one of the complicated aircraft. The Supercarrier was my last EA buy for a very long time.

I think pace of development is the wrong term, since as far as we know, there has not been any development at all since autumn of 2018.

Thanks for the info BigNewy, but "this year" is a really vague thing to say in January - especially since the update was promised for last year.

I understand that often times things take longer than expected, because of unforseen problems in development, but with the yak it really seems, as if it was released unfinished without any further development being planned at all.

• ED Team

Hi all

We understand some will be disappointed, and if you think I am being vague you are correct, things can change and we could see work on the YAK-52 Earlier or later in the year. When I know for sure I will pass it on to you all.

Please keep this thread for the YAK-52 if you have other issues please use the appropriate forum section.

thank you

Hi all

I have spoken with the team, the goal is to have the YAK-52 finished and released this year 2020. We will update you with news as this progresses of course.

Thank you

This is fantastic news, the Yak-52 is an essential piece of kit for us Russophiles! Thank you!

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

So the Yak is probably done by the WW2 aircraft team, i guess? Would make sense technology wise I think. So maybe we hear something after the P-47 is out.

I really hope they find the time to finish the Yak and/or the A8 before moving on to the Mossie. Else their backlog gets rather long.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

What would make actual sense is finishing aircraft before working on others. If a person still has work to do on the yak that should be done before moving to another module. Otherwise we end up like we are here.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• ED Team
What would make actual sense is finishing aircraft before working on others. If a person still has work to do on the yak that should be done before moving to another module. Otherwise we end up like we are here.

Sorry but it does not work like that, there is always some cross over with old and new projects, for example artists don't sit around waiting for the coders to finish before moving on to a new project.

Also sometimes technical challenges will hold up a team and schedules have to be adjusted, while it isn't always ideal we do our best to let you all know what is going on.

With the YAK-52 the plan is to be feature complete by end of 2020.

thanks

[...] With the YAK-52 the plan is to be feature complete by end of 2020. [...]

This reads a lot as if the promised update got postponed for another year.

I understand that there is a difference between "update" (which was promised for end of 2019) and being "feature complete", however with the Yak being such a simple aircraft i feel that this is basically the same.

With all due respect, this is unacceptable! You can easily say, we could have known what to expect: Early Access and all... But what happens here is not excused with Early Acess. Eagle Dynamics sold a module in Summer of 2018 (!!!), shipped it incomplete and has since then not doing any development at all (it seems). Within that time however ED has shipped three more aircraft and will maybe have shipped two more by end of this year.

At this point i start to wonder, if you do at all feel accountable for your customers. Maybe end of next year you decide that you'd rather postpone the Yak to end of 2021.

Nobody could stop you! So why bother with it any further?

• ED Team
This reads a lot as if the promised update got postponed for another year.

I understand that there is a difference between "update" (which was promised for end of 2019) and being "feature complete", however with the Yak being such a simple aircraft i feel that this is basically the same.

With all due respect, this is unacceptable! You can easily say, we could have known what to expect: Early Access and all... But what happens here is not excused with Early Acess. Eagle Dynamics sold a module in Summer of 2018 (!!!), shipped it incomplete and has since then not doing any development at all (it seems). Within that time however ED has shipped three more aircraft and will maybe have shipped two more by end of this year.

At this point i start to wonder, if you do at all feel accountable for your customers. Maybe end of next year you decide that you'd rather postpone the Yak to end of 2021.

Nobody could stop you! So why bother with it any further?

I know you are not a fan of early access, you have made it very clear in many posts.

My statements reads as I typed it, the teams plans are to be feature complete with the YAK-52 this year and we will update everyone on progress as it happens or if anything changes for the better or worse.

thanks

Sorry but it does not work like that, there is always some cross over with old and new projects, for example artists don't sit around waiting for the coders to finish before moving on to a new project.

Also sometimes technical challenges will hold up a team and schedules have to be adjusted, while it isn't always ideal we do our best to let you all know what is going on.

thanks

Right. But the fact is it has been 1.5 years since the Yak was released.

I have no doubt people can't sit around waiting but the whole point of early access is that it released in an unfinished state and then gets updates. Which would imply people should be working on it, not putting it to the side whilst they move to another project and will come back to it 2 years later.

You can easily keep pushing this back and at the end of 2020 we will hear they intend to finish and fix the yak next year.

Last year I was told the Yak would have major issues fixed by the end of the year as well.

Sorry but it simply isn't good enough, to make Early access work properly they need to receive regular updates and make progress, without trying to to juggle too much at once.

Right. But the fact is it has been 1.5 years since the Yak was released.

I have no doubt people can't sit around waiting but the whole point of early access is that it released in an unfinished state and then gets updates. Which would imply people should be working on it, not putting it to the side whilst they move to another project and will come back to it 2 years later.

You can easily keep pushing this back and at the end of 2020 we will hear they intend to finish and fix the yak next year.

Last year I was told the Yak would have major issues fixed by the end of the year as well.

Sorry but it simply isn't good enough, to make Early access work properly they need to receive regular updates and make progress, without trying to to juggle too much at once.

Right! This is how I see it, too. You can't say it's in EA and then leave it untouched for 1.5 years. But the Yak probably doesn't sell as good as the fighter modules, so they have their priorities to where the $$$ come from.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

thanks

It is something else though if the art department moves on because there is nothing left to do for them.

For the coders, if there are unfinished parts or bugs there still would be more than enough to do on the old project.

But then pushing out new EA modules generates more money than working on EA modules which have already been released.

Doesn´t feel too good from a customers view as the development of the 52 really is dragged out and it is one of the simpler aircraft.

Purchased it as well back when it was available for EA.

[...] Eagle Dynamics sold a module in Summer of 2018 (!!!), shipped it incomplete and has since then not doing any development at all (it seems). [...]

I know you are not a fan of early access, you have made it very clear in many posts. [...]

Well, i may have voiced my personal frustration with Early Access, but i understand why it's exists and by the way, i was very appreciative about Mr. Greys letter adressing the concerns about EA and related issues. I think the F/A-18 Hornets Early Access is handled decently for eample and while it's not for me, i did never complain to ED about the process. In fact, i am quite sure, that i even defended ED when Hornet and Viper customers were twisting EDs words concerning development priorities and estimated feature release dates.

That's not the point though.

The point is, that it seems as if the Yak did not see any development at all after its release. For 1.5 years. That cannot be the idea behind Early Access and it takes Mr Greys credible statement about its benefits ad absurdum!

• ED Team
Well, i may have voiced my personal frustration with Early Access, but i understand why it's exists and by the way, i was very appreciative about Mr. Greys letter adressing the concerns about EA and related issues. I think the F/A-18 Hornets Early Access is handled decently for eample and while it's not for me, i did never complain to ED about the process. In fact, i am quite sure, that i even defended ED when Hornet and Viper customers were twisting EDs words concerning development priorities and estimated feature release dates.

That's not the point though.

The point is, that it seems as if the Yak did not see any development at all after its release. For 1.5 years. That cannot be the idea behind Early Access and it takes Mr Greys credible statement about its benefits ad absurdum!

You are correct, It is not ideal,

Which is why I have been updating you all and posting here, to keep you up to date with the teams plans.

Hopefully the team achieve their target for this year.

Thanks

End of 2020 for simply aircraft??? Why?

Next modules incoming, next patches for new modules also but old are not finished :(.

We need here ADF and few small changes, thats all.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro