winter update still on track? (yak-52 candlelit vigil)

twistking

End of 2020 for simply aircraft??? Why?

Next modules incoming, next patches for new modules also but old are not finished :(.

We need here ADF and few small changes, thats all.

I agree. And a engine damage model, would be fine too. Currently, since release btw., and like in the FW190A8, you can fly full throttle and rpm with closed cooling till you're out of fuel and nothing happens to the engine...

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

I agree. And a engine damage model, would be fine too. Currently, since release btw., and like in the FW190A8, you can fly full throttle and rpm with closed cooling till you're out of fuel and nothing happens to the engine...

Fox

It seems that they simply do not care what we think. Apparently the end of 2020 is acceptable for something that was released in 2018. If they told us that it would take this long to finish, I simply wouldn't have bought it

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

It seems that they simply do not care what we think. Apparently the end of 2020 is acceptable for something that was released in 2018. If they told us that it would take this long to finish, I simply wouldn't have bought it

This!

The moneys been taken and they've determined its acceptable to keep dragging this out for 3 years. Or longer.

• ED Team

As mentioned in previous posts the team are aware and have set the goal of having the YAK 52 feature complete this year.

We will update you all during the time of progress.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Please forgive me if I’m wrong or even correct me, but was the Yak-52 originally developed for another business/company and was given permission for ED to sell on DCS? If it is correct I wonder if the business/company are happy with what they have received from ED, I guess we will never know.

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

This aircraft is a perfect match for ns430 (specifically, 3d version for vr users)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

As mentioned in previous posts the team are aware and have set the goal of having the YAK 52 feature complete this year.

We will update you all during the time of progress.

thanks

Right. How far up the priority list is this? You realise with some of the unfinished items like the lack of LOD model and the issue (that I have reported that has been found to be effecting all prop planes) means that the yak is pretty much unplayable in a multiplayer environment, especially vr and if multiple yaks are around as they tank the fps exponentially. Not a new issue, one that needs Urgent work.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Right. How far up the priority list is this? You realise with some of the unfinished items like the lack of LOD model and the issue (that I have reported that has been found to be effecting all prop planes) means that the yak is pretty much unplayable in a multiplayer environment, especially vr and if multiple yaks are around as they tank the fps exponentially. Not a new issue, one that needs Urgent work.

+1

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
fixed for accuracy :thumbup:

Yep next time I wont be so quick when talking about newsletter items, plans change just as in this case.

The team are very aware the YAK-52 needs finishing, their plan is to have it completed by the end of the year.

When I know anything for sure I will pass it on, until then I don't have anything to share.

Thank you for your patience.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yep next time I wont be so quick when talking about newsletter items, plans change just as in this case.

The team are very aware the YAK-52 needs finishing, their plan is to have it completed by the end of the year.

When I know anything for sure I will pass it on, until then I don't have anything to share.

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately I have run out of patience, I'm sick of this being a constant issue. Not just with the Yak. I find it crazy that a company can get away with leaving things unfinished 1.5 years on. Ah well my money has already been extracted from my person.

Edit: I will add that there is a difference between missing features and issues such as no lod and the fps issue with all ww2 props. Obviously the 2 latter items are serious game stopping items that should be fixed immediately, they simply are not items that you aim to fix by the end of 2020. Could you please confirm if they are working on these issues or if they are going to sit till the other work starts?

Edited by hazzer

• ED Team
Unfortunately I have run out of patience, I'm sick of this being a constant issue. Not just with the Yak. I find it crazy that a company can get away with leaving things unfinished 1.5 years on. Ah well my money has already been extracted from my person.

Edit: I will add that there is a difference between missing features and issues such as no lod and the fps issue with all ww2 props. Obviously the 2 latter items are serious game stopping items that should be fixed immediately, they simply are not items that you aim to fix by the end of 2020. Could you please confirm if they are working on these issues or if they are going to sit till the other work starts?

I respect your opinion, early access can be a long process and it is not suited to everyone. If you decide to wait in the future for feature complete aircraft I understand.

All I can tell you is the team are planning to have the Yak-52 feature complete this year 2020, I am reluctant to give a guess at this stage.

thank you

What is missing in the YaK, besides the radio navigation?

Off the top of my head :

Level of Detail - annoying for other online players if you turn up in a Yak.

Inverted stall bug - really annoying if you fly aerobatics.

Some synching issues for multicrew.

Lack of ground effect?

Engine model/failures.

Have a look at the bug section if your interested :thumbup:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=599

BN, i notice the inverted stall bug is not marked as reported, is there something needed?

Edited by Magnatilla

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-6700 3.4GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB - Logitech G940 - Oculus Rift CV1

I would *love* a simple rocket pod, even if it fired only smoke rockets, to give it a role to play in combat.

FAC_Yak_4.jpg

I wonder if it’s possible to mod it like the Kiowa, where we open the canopy in flight and drop a smoke Grenade. As if you have a bag of them with you in the pit

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I would *love* a simple rocket pod, even if it fired only smoke rockets, to give it a role to play in combat.

FAC_Yak_4.jpg

I agree with that completely. It does not need to be "sharp" munitions. Some options would include:

• Smoke rockets, as you suggest, and as are implemented on various other aircraft (like the UH-1H or Mi-8 )
  • Signal flares (such as on the Bf109 or L-39).
  • Smoke grenades (like those planned for the upcoming OH-58 Kiowa).

Something that could be detected with a trigger would let artillery spotting, search (for search and rescue) or calling in CAS. We have used Huey's to "smoke mark" for F-5s in multiplayer missions before. Being able to do that with the Yak52 would be awesome.

Oh, and some more service liveries/paintschemes too... that one you posted is absolutely gorgeous!

A very humble request to make it possible to use the Doosaaf USSR skin as the USSR.

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

• 2 weeks later...

Huh. Was going to get this module--have enough "miles" to get it at a good price. But after reading this thread, I'll save the miles for something else. Not particularly a fan of abandonware. (Also, may have to hold off buying the P-47 while it's in early access. Yipes. And the Thunderbolt has always been a "shut-up and take my money!" sort of proposition. But now I'm afraid I'll get it in early access, find all sorts of bugs, and then be frustrated by three years of waiting for for improvements.)

• 3 weeks later...

No damage model basically. I think it waits the new DM but... is out making money for more than 1 year now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

No damage model basically. I think it waits the new DM but... is out making money for more than 1 year now.

Yep. Missing features, poor fps (all prop aircraft, ED don't seem to want to answer if this is being worked on even though it should be a priority).

• ED Team

We are well aware of the issues and the work will be completed this year, as soon as I can bring you news on work I will.

Thank you

• Like 1