winter update still on track? (yak-52 candlelit vigil)

twistking

I was hoping to buy the YAK during the current sale - at only $20 I will not complain about the price.

My granddaughter would enjoy the very forgiving and predictable flight characteristics - and so will I.   LOL. 

1. I did not realize there was such a limited damage model. Nothing new here that has not already been reported 2 years ago in this forum.  I would say damage model is 20% complete. The YAK just feels so unfinished - It makes me appreciate the beautiful I-16 even more now. 
  2. The Yak is indeed very satisfying to fly. Visibility in cockpit is excellent and the cockpit textures very nice.  There are also some nice skins available, including a new Canadian RCAF Chipmunk theme. 
  3. I will take the next 2 weeks of Free 2 Fly and audition the YAK, do my forum and internet searches and see how it goes.  

Merry Christmas -  and here is hoping that the Dec  23 scheduled open beta patch has a few extra Christmas goodies and surprises in it for all of us. 

Sad New Year GIF

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
Minor edits. Still hopeful.
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/18/2020 at 6:06 PM, BIGNEWY said:

We are well aware of the issues and the work will be completed this year, as soon as I can bring you news on work I will.

Thank you

On 2/11/2020 at 2:22 PM, BIGNEWY said:

I respect your opinion, early access can be a long process and it is not suited to everyone. If you decide to wait in the future for feature complete aircraft I understand.

All I can tell you is the team are planning to have the Yak-52 feature complete this year 2020, I am reluctant to give a guess at this stage.

thank you

10 months radio silence again, I know we've all had a difficult year but surely it can't take this long for such a simple module. No more $$ until its complete.

• Like 5

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

Well, those who already have bought the Yak-52 can't say "no more $$ until its complete". :no_sad:

• Like 3

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I recently asked ED on the steam forum to give some love to the Yak-52. @BIGNEWY answered that they will reallocate some people when other jobs were done, so I hope they will have some commitment to this module this year.

I'm quite enjoying the module specially on Syria map, but it's needed to complete at least the basic features like navigation - we actually have similar system on the L-39C so I think it has to be an "easy" development...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Navigation is working since around middle of 2020.

It's not working in all aspects but the major one do. It's missing the audio morse code, but needles move. There's a bug in the near/far toggle key bind, but individual near / far bindings work as intended and the needle switches position accordingly. First make sure that control in gained in the front cockpit about the adf system.

There are some more threads about it.

Regards

Jens

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gulredrel said:

It's missing the audio morse code, but needles move.

The Yak's ADF audio was working last time I tested (there's a Compass/Morse toggle switch on the ADF panel that needs to be set to Morse to hear the ID code).

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yak-52 is the emblem of a very bad behavuour: they release an incomplete module and then look for people satisfaction: if the module has success they put time and resources on it, otherwise It Is abandoned / put at the end of the working list (that practically it's the same as abandoned). It's clear that yak-52 success has been small, and the few Who bought It after EA release are too few to invest time on them: f-18 and f-16 First, but also p-47, mi-24 and maybe the mosquito too. When and if a time cutout Is left, maybe they'll do something about the yak. I am lucky I did not buy It. Only released modules since then.

• Like 4

Perhaps it would be more honest on the part of the developers to provide the user who bought such a module (not modified and "forgotten") with the opportunity to return money within 3-5 days after the purchase, if its functionality or refinement causes complaints from the user.

I can understand if it is reported in advance that the F-18 module will be in early access and will be refined for a long time - the functionality of this aircraft is huge and here the user deliberately invests money in what he will receive as a result.

But the Yak-52 is not an aircraft that can be called complex, its main task is coop-piloting (training), nevertheless, the multi-crew is working disgustingly at the moment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Yak's project management - or, rather, the lack thereof - is nothing but ridiculous. Do ED not understand what this may do to their reputation in the long run?

• Like 1

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

On 3/21/2021 at 3:36 AM, msalama said:

The Yak's project management - or, rather, the lack thereof - is nothing but ridiculous. Do ED not understand what this may do to their reputation in the long run?

It would hurt their reputation if people thought about the Yak, but the majority of the customer base only cares about combat aircraft. There also isn't any competition either. The Yak's abandonment didn't hurt their reputation. The poor state of the Viper and the slow Hornet/Viper development didn't hurt their reputation. The slow state of SuperCarrier development didn't hurt their reputation. I expect the same to happen with the Hind and Apache. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 11:08 PM, twistking said:

anything new for the yak in the 2.7 update that did not make it into the changenotes?

All I've noticed is that from the rear cockpit there's this smudge/reflection(?) in the canopy (in the section between the front and rear cockpits) that's makes looking outside a bit of a pain.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 4/16/2021 at 9:30 AM, 1987kess said:

Is the new propeller simulation effects applied to the Yak-52? I have not tried 2.7 yet.

Thanks

I'm not sure it is, I personally haven't noticed a difference, at least compared to the warbirds.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 3 weeks later...

As a owner of Yak-52 module I think it's time or ED to consider making this module free alongside TF-51 and Su25T. Maybe people that fly it for free will be incentivized to buy some more modules that would in turn fuel a bit better the development than waiting for some milestone in sales to continue it.

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Amazing module that lacks some love to be finished and fix the remaining issues (the prop still rotating in the wrong direction says a lot). It looks like the new prop effect was not included in this bird either. That, together with the NS430 not working in VR after such long time is a shame with no good excuses.. shame on you ED.

• Like 1