winter update still on track? (yak-52 candlelit vigil)

twistking

On 5/10/2021 at 3:05 PM, jamespejam said:

Amazing module that lacks some love to be finished and fix the remaining issues (the prop still rotating in the wrong direction says a lot).

How have I not noticed this?

It looks like the new prop effect was not included in this bird either.

Nope 😟 Mind you, the effect it has is pretty decent, but yeah, not to the level of of the new effect.

Also what's going on with the ARK-5? The needle always seems to point at the station even if the thing is only in antenna mode, and not compass mode (in everything else, compass mode is required for the RDF needle on the HSI to operate). It also works even if the take-control button hasn't been pressed and the green light is out.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I have grown tired of asking for module updates that we have paid for with the understanding they will be completed in a reasonable time. The effort to maintain them with updates does not happen either. I am very dissapointed in a lot of these products. 

The fact ED doesn't even acknowledge they have done us dirty or have a realistic plan to bring all the unfinished modules up to par after been out for literal years is not acceptable. They have a serious issue of letting things slide and re allocate and use the lack of manpower excuse, which just suggests to me they shouldn't be creating so many aircraft as this will problem will only get worse. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

4 minutes ago, hazzer said:

I have grown tired of asking for module updates that we have paid for with the understanding they will be completed in a reasonable time. The effort to maintain them with updates does not happen either. I am very dissapointed in a lot of these products. 

The fact ED doesn't even acknowledge they have done us dirty or have a realistic plan to bring all the unfinished modules up to par after been out for literal years is not acceptable. They have a serious issue of letting things slide and re allocate and use the lack of manpower excuse, which just suggests to me they shouldn't be creating so many aircraft as this will problem will only get worse. 

I kinda agree with you, especially given that the Yak-52 should be the simplest aircraft to do.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

What I find completely unacceptable is that we haven't had any response from ED on this and any other unfinished module. Whilst they are busy parading the next big module. I don't know what the allocation of tasks is like amongst the team but they really need to focus on fixing and actually finishing one module at a time. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

@BIGNEWY do you have any information regarding the final version of the Yak-52? I would love to see it finished. Thank you so much!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

• ED Team
12 minutes ago, ThorBrasil said:

@BIGNEWY do you have any information regarding the final version of the Yak-52? I would love to see it finished. Thank you so much!

It is long overdue to be finished and it is still planned, I just can not give specifics at the moment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

54 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

It is long overdue to be finished and it is still planned, I just can not give specifics at the moment.

Thank you very much! I will wait patiently!

• Thanks 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

On 5/26/2021 at 9:21 AM, Toriy said:

Yes. But they had enough time and resources to choke the engine of the Yak this time:))) It feels like supercharger is broken - manifold pressure is not correct any more.

Power seems okay though, and the issue with the oil temperature appears to have been resolved (at least for the most part).

System:

4 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Power seems okay though, and the issue with the oil temperature appears to have been resolved (at least for the most part).

MP-14P engine must keep 1st nominal (with manual correction of fuel pressure) up to 1000 m, and the 2nd nominal up to 1800 m. Can you confirm this? Because on my side it does not.

Just now, Toriy said:

MP-14P engine must keep 1st nominal (with manual correction of fuel pressure) up to 1000 m, and the 2nd nominal up to 1800 m. Can you confirm this? Because on my side it does not.

If there is an issue please post it in a seperate bug thread. Let's keep the focus on this thread in wondering where the progress is! 

• Like 1

Il 21/5/2021 at 13:09, hazzer ha scritto:

They have a serious issue of letting things slide and re allocate and use the lack of manpower excuse, which just suggests to me they shouldn't be creating so many aircraft as this problem will only get worse. 

This. I think the only solution would be if people stop buying new stuff until the old one is finished. Very unlikely to happen, since all the community hype is on the new stuff (I laugh when people deal with the Apache: beautiful machine, but be prepared to wait 5 years and more to have something minimally satisfactory: it seems everyone has forgotten the Viper and are ready to hail the Apache 🤦‍♂️). We are a minority, and frankly today I'm more prone to put money on X-p or Ms Fs addons rather than dcs, because I see a better post-purchase assistance. DCS remains my favourite simulator, but I can't deny there's a big problem to be addressed.

Edited by nessuno0505
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

I understand that ED has its staff split into teams: jet, rotor, prop, etc.

Since the Yak-52's release into Early Access, the prop team has:

1. released the Fw 190 A8

2. released the P-47D

3. created an improved damage model for all WW2 aircraft

4. nearly released the Mosquito (until the 3D model had to be scrapped)

5. created improved prop physics/animations for all props except the Yak-52

In the same period of time the Yak-52 has gotten:

1. No bug fixes

2. No improvements

3. No completion of incomplete features

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, Nealius said:

I understand that ED has its staff split into teams: jet, rotor, prop, etc.

Since the Yak-52's release into Early Access, the prop team has:

1. released the Fw 190 A8

2. released the P-47D

3. created an improved damage model for all WW2 aircraft

4. nearly released the Mosquito (until the 3D model had to be scrapped)

5. created improved prop physics/animations for all props except the Yak-52

In the same period of time the Yak-52 has gotten:

1. No bug fixes

2. No improvements

3. No completion of incomplete features

It is so disappointing to see it all laid out like that. 

No comment from ED on this either. I remeber sometime near the end of the year one of them stated some of the team would be working on the yak at the start of this year, which then was pushed back further.

It seems they are treating customers like mugs and take advantage of people's willingness to take a gamble on early access. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I think they sold very few Yak52 modules so the resources spent on building the module were not recovered, so... they decided to let it rot (when you crash you see pieces of 109 and Spit so...) but they can't admit it.

That's why I said earlier, ED should man up and accept this failure and set the module as free for everybody and use it as a marketing mean so updates would justify slowly by its later effects on public. Now... it would be nice that people that bought this abandoned module be also rewarded somehow... like some miles etc... not mandatory but it would be nice.

Edited by zaelu
  • Like 7

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

8 hours ago, zaelu said:

I think they sold very few Yak52 modules so the resources spent on building the module were not recovered, so... they decided to let it rot (when you crash you see pieces of 109 and Spit so...) but they can't admit it.

That's why I said earlier, ED should man up and accept this failure and set the module as free for everybody and use it as a marketing mean so updates would justify slowly by its later effects on public. Now... it would be nice that people that bought this abandoned module be also rewarded somehow... like some miles etc... not mandatory but it would be nice.

Exactly. ED has a history of being opaque and having contempt for the customer in the past. They went through a period, including now, where they claimed to be working on trasnparency. Admitting that sales of a module did not bring enough profit to warrant further development is transparency

• Like 4

Il 6/6/2021 at 20:57, zaelu ha scritto:

The Yak-52 is a porting of a training simulator they were working on. Maybe there was no damage model in that simulator, since a training software does not need to have one. DCS does. But maybe they went out of resources, or the module sold little, and so they did not add what was missing to have a complete DCS module. Will it be finished sooner or later? At the moment they don't seem to particularly want it; what about the more distant future? Considering their mantras: "everything is subjected to change", "nothing is written in stone", "it is done when it is done" and such, who knows? Maybe we'll have a payware Yak-52 II 😂

• Like 3

I wouldn‘t have bought the Yak-52, if I would have known how long it stays in EA. A Yak-52 II? Good Joke! Never!!! :megalol:

• Like 3

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

They have rubbed enough salt in the wounds, although at this point them trying to sell us a yak 52 II with the promise of it being fixed wouldn't suprise me. Heck they might even fit the unfinished ns430 to it as the icing on the cake! 

• Like 2