winter update still on track? (yak-52 candlelit vigil)

twistking

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Since when that is ground for refunds? ... I have lots and lots of other games that are not maintained, it would be nice to be able to recover some money out of them 🙄

Breach of Early Access promise. „Eagle Dynamics and all of our third parties strive to make this period as short as possible” - it is evident this is not happening.

• Like 8

VR, i9, Winwing, TM and VKB.

2, 4, ban, ban, 2

"As short as possible" is ambiguous enough to protect the company from claims, but when a product hasn't seen an update since 2019, with missing/broken features, and hasn't even received superficial updates that literally every other DCS prop module has, I'd agree that it's grounds for a refund.

• Like 5

• ED Team

We are well aware the work planned to complete the yak is taking a long time, it is still planned as soon as dev time permits. 

Thanks 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

Three years old. Only a handful of updates with so little work (compared to other props) left to actually do. Three warbirds have been released in the mean time. Please finish this module. It’s a really nice plane. I enjoy it. But it’s frustrating that it’s not given any time because it wasn’t a money maker. I still paid for two or three of them. 

• Like 11

10 hours ago, Jester986 said:

Three years old. Only a handful of updates with so little work (compared to other props) left to actually do. Three warbirds have been released in the mean time. Please finish this module. It’s a really nice plane. I enjoy it. But it’s frustrating that it’s not given any time because it wasn’t a money maker. I still paid for two or three of them. 

Its time to move on, there will always be a bigger and better plane to work on.
DCS Yak is dead, and we must salute the module and allow it to be lost..

Even if it gets updated/finished, can you imagine the speed at which bugs will be fixed, considering how long its been ignored..
Were still waiting on the Dora's engine to be fixed 3 years on, and that module is popular..

23 minutes ago, StevanJ said:

Even if it gets updated/finished, can you imagine the speed at which bugs will be fixed, considering how long its been ignored..
Were still waiting on the Dora's engine to be fixed 3 years on, and that module is popular..

Sorry you have flawed logic there. If we pay for something it's expected that it should be finished. The only circumstances which I would say that not be the case is if the producer of said product went out of business. You mention the Dora, if that has issues then you should press for them to be fixed, don't use it as a reason to leave the Yakolev unfinished. 

• Like 1

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Just now, hazzer said:

Sorry you have flawed logic there. If we pay for something it's expected that it should be finished. The only circumstances which I would say that not be the case is if the producer of said product went out of business. You mention the Dora, if that has issues then you should press for them to be fixed, don't use it as a reason to leave the Yakolev unfinished. 

What did support say when you asked them?

Agreed, this is the most simple aircraft in DCS by far, it should not have taken this long to get it flushed out and completed, especially when it's normal price isn't too dissimilar to other modules.

• It is the only module that doesn't have any LODs, which causes performance issues with multiple aircraft.
  • It's the only module to not have a damage model (it's even worse than the DM of the F-16CMs initial EA release, at least that had some graphical representation IIRC)
  • Even super basic things like the front seat rate of turn indicator/VSI doesn't work (an issue caused by the failure switch not working properly)
  • The trim settings in the misc tab don't work.

And this list isn't comprehensive.

When I purchased the Yak-52, I did so assuming it would get finished, I didn't expect it to be up there in terms of priority, but I expected it to be finished someday or 2, at least have some amount of active development. I was expecting that it would probably take a year, maybe a little more - it's been 2 years since then, and I can't think of much that has been improved since it's initially release, just over 3 years ago.

We keep getting told it hasn't been abandoned, but a timeframe can't be provided, I realise Community Manager's hands may be tied here, but saying "it hasn't been abandoned" given the state of the module and its issues, and the length of time these have gone on for, when in some cases it's the only module that has these issues, doesn't really inspire that much confidence.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 7

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• ED Team

Work on the YAK-52 is long overdue, and the team have planed for the work to be completed, its just a matter of time sadly, but it is on our list and not forgotten. 

thanks

1 hour ago, StevanJ said:

Stop proclaiming things dead when they are not, the team are working as hard and fast as they can, we have issues reported, we have tasks to complete and they will be completed as soon as the teams have the time. Appreciate its been a long time but your negativity is not helping. 

thanks 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
12 hours ago, Jester986 said:

Yes it needs to be finished, its also one of my favourites in VR just for a casual fly. As mentioned above its not forgotten, the team are very aware of the need to finish it. 

thanks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Work on the YAK-52 is long overdue, and the team have planed for the work to be completed, its just a matter of time sadly, but it is on our list and not forgotten. 

thanks

Stop proclaiming things dead when they are not, the team are working as hard and fast as they can, we have issues reported, we have tasks to complete and they will be completed as soon as the teams have the time. Appreciate its been a long time but your negativity is not helping. 

thanks 

How about an update to regards where we are with bugs and modules?

While I'm sure you believe me to 'be negative', we've had no updates from you or ED to point out where we are in relationship to the numbering bugs that are being racked up.

I'd love to push things more positively, but I can't help but feel the communication with the users is none existant 

Rather than just talking to us and being honest (yes I know that some will complain that things aren't happening quick enough- me included) all you do is lock posts, which means the complaints then rack up.

I mean all you keep telling us is that 'youll get around to it' 

I've been hearing that since the start of lockdown and you've not really give us any insight.

What would be the possibility of recieving compensation (miles points will do) for the modules that haven't received the maintenance they need or aren't finished considering that they were promised?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, StevanJ said:

How about an update to regards where we are with bugs and modules?

While I'm sure you believe me to 'be negative', we've had no updates from you or ED to point out where we are in relationship to the numbering bugs that are being racked up.

I'd love to push things more positively, but I can't help but feel the communication with the users is none existant 

Rather than just talking to us and being honest (yes I know that some will complain that things aren't happening quick enough- me included) all you do is lock posts, which means the complaints then rack up.

I mean all you keep telling us is that 'youll get around to it' 

I've been hearing that since the start of lockdown and you've not really give us any insight.

What would be the possibility of recieving compensation (miles points will do) for the modules that haven't received the maintenance they need or aren't finished considering that they were promised?

StevanJ I give you all the information I can give you, its the truth, nothing hidden, cards on the table, I have already said its long overdue, the team are well aware, its still very much in our plans to complete and as soon as we have time we will complete it. If that is not enough communication for you I can not help you. Regarding compensation, no not possible. 

You have given your feedback and I have listened and replied, that is all I can do for now. 

thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BIGNEWY said:

StevanJ I give you all the information I can give you, its the truth, nothing hidden, cards on the table, I have already said its long overdue, the team are well aware, its still very much in our plans to complete and as soon as we have time we will complete it. If that is not enough communication for you I can not help you. Regarding compensation, no not possible. 

You have given your feedback and I have listened and replied, that is all I can do for now. 

thanks

Personally, I know how hard it is to trawl through these forums and do your job.

I get that dealing with peoples complaints is very hard work, it is not a job that I could do.

I respect your position, and I'm not trying to go about 'being negative' genuinely- I'm just sharing an opinion. 

But if I'm being unbiased, we're not talking about the odd module.

We're talking about alot of modules.

And a recurring theme.

Is there nothing you can do for the players that frequent the forums?

Can't you just send an email to whom it matters, and get us information for some of the modules?

Even if it takes us 3 years to see some modules finished, while me might complain- we will know.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

they will be completed as soon as the teams have the time.

In all seriousness, do you really believe in this part of your sentence? To be honest, I don't think they will have time ever, especially if you think
about how many modules ED is shelling out / announcing at the moment. Maybe it is ED's own strategy to developpe many different modules
in parallel / at the same time, but I definitively have my doubts on how to manage these tasks and to still have the overview of things to be done
or fixed - might end up in chaos a little bit, if you ask me.

When I purchase a module, I'm very well aware that not all things are working as they should with the first release, especially when in early access,
but to wait month over month to finally get what I payed for (except EA of course) is annoying... and I'm generally a patient guy.

And btw. it's not only ED's way of doing things I'm worried about, other 3rd party developers struggle with the same / similar method.

Just my thoughts...

Cheers

P.S.: If you buy a new car at the full price, you expect to have all the options installed, right? Or would you accept f.ex. that the foldable roof
        of your convertible will be delivered some years later? I don't think so.

• Like 2

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, THERION said:

In all seriousness, do you really believe in this part of your sentence? To be honest, I don't think they will have time ever, especially if you think
about how many modules ED is shelling out / announcing at the moment. Maybe it is ED's own strategy to developpe many different modules
in parallel / at the same time, but I definitively have my doubts on how to manage these tasks and to still have the overview of things to be done
or fixed - might end up in chaos a little bit, if you ask me.

When I purchase a module, I'm very well aware that not all things are working as they should with the first release, especially when in early access,
but to wait month over month to finally get what I payed for (except EA of course) is annoying... and I'm generally a patient guy.

And btw. it's not only ED's way of doing things I'm worried about, other 3rd party developers struggle with the same / similar method.

Just my thoughts...

Cheers

P.S.: If you buy a new car at the full price, you expect to have all the options installed, right? Or would you accept f.ex. that the foldable roof
        of your convertible will be delivered some years later? I don't think so.

Early access is necessary for developing modules, without it, it would not be possible, if you dont agree, or like early access please wait for the full release for future modules, your purchase will always be welcome whenever you decide the time is right for you. 

Thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BIGNEWY said:

Early access is necessary for developing modules, without it, it would not be possible, if you dont agree, or like early access please wait for the full release for future modules, your purchase will always be welcome whenever you decide the time is right for you. 

Thanks

Sorry, but I think you didn't read correctly, what I wrote. I do not complain about early access modules being under development and therefore not completed / finished.
My complaint is about modules supposedly being finished and charged at a full price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team
30 minutes ago, THERION said:

Sorry, but I think you didn't read correctly, what I wrote. I do not complain about early access modules being under development and therefore not completed / finished.
My complaint is about modules supposedly being finished and charged at a full price.

The Yak-52 is still in early access and is still discounted. This is a thread about the Yak-52, so you can see the perspective I have read your post in.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/yak52/

If it is not about the Yak-52 please make a new thread so we dont go off topic

thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

The Yak-52 is still in early access and is still discounted. This is a thread about the Yak-52, so you can see the perspective I have read your post in.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/yak52/

If it is not about the Yak-52 please make a new thread so we dont go off topic

thanks

Just to ask' what's the discount?

What will it normally be sold at?

If you look at the other EA modules you can see the RRP, then it's discount.

You've also previously discounted the yak from this price' which is why we believed it was the RRP.

To which I think is the whole argument and the double standard towards this module.

• Like 1

Bignewy,

I really want to buy a pair of Mosquitoes for my wife and I to fly. I have every confidence that that module will be great. But how can I justify buying them when our yaks don’t even have an engine damage model? I can’t overheat or abuse the engine to death which is probably one of the more important items on a general aviation plane. Three warbirds have released with no significant progress on the yak. I know you’ve said all you can and I know there’s nothing more you can do, except perhaps impress to management that we can’t have faith it will be finished some day without some sort of roadmap or plan. If you say we’ll have a damage model by July 2022 and it releases November 2022 fine. But without a date there’s no reason to believe the work will be done at this point. 

Edited by Jester986
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jester986 said:

how can I justify buying them when our yaks don’t even have an engine damage model?

Sadly, ED seems to have bitten more than they can chew. They keep pumping out EA modules which can then possibly take years to complete. This is a vicious cycle, and overhyped players feed it by buying EA modules, therefore allowing for such strategy. Sadly, this kind of relationship is not regulated by government and law, so there's no limit on stretching the release window, feature completeness, feature quality... or almost anything else, for that matter. And players in flight community are usually pretty isolated from other gaming communities, meaning they are far less cynical and easily hyped for their own good.

I don't see a solution to this situation. Well, personally I stopped purchasing anything EA, but this is a bandaid that will affect nothing on the global scale. Thus, for me one module completion is not a justification of getting another which is still in EA -- instead, that second module's release can be one. Only when almost every buying player follows this logic, the vicious cycle described above can be broken, but that is not actually possible due to the reason stated above. There is no escape © Hades.

Edited by Черный Дракул
  • Like 3

They are not vulching... they are STRAFING!!! :smartass::thumbup:

10 minutes ago, Черный Дракул said:

Sadly, ED seems to have bitten more than they can chew. They keep pumping out EA modules which can then possibly take years to complete. This is a vicious cycle, and overhyped players feed it by buying EA modules, therefore allowing for such strategy. Sadly, this kind of relationship is not regulated by government and law, so there's no limit on stretching the release window, feature completeness, feature quality... or almost anything else, for that matter. And players in flight community are usually pretty isolated from other gaming communities, meaning they are far less cynical and easily hyped for their own good.

I don't see a solution to this situation. Well, personally I stopped purchasing anything EA, but this is a bandaid that will affect nothing on the global scale. Thus, for me one module completion is not a justification of getting another which is still in EA -- instead, that second module's release can be one. Only when almost every buying player follows this logic, the vicious cycle described above can be broken, but that is not actually possible due to the reason stated above. There is no escape © Hades.

2 minutes ago, Jester986 said:

I can tolerate EA. But it has been abused from time to time. I know everyone hates the idea but DCS really needs to be a subscription service to incentivize module maintenance versus the new release conveyor belt. 

Does anyone know the final price on the Yak?
Apparently its already been discounted but their is no RRP on the shop.

• Like 1