DCS Tutorial Collection by MemphisBelle

Welcome to the DCS Tutorial Collection

An unofficial Webproject by MemphisBelle

Why a Tutorial Collection and what is the purpose behind?

Years ago I created a tutorial Collection for all systems and subsystems of the A-10C Warthog on the ED Forums. The initial Post grew so large that it reached the maximum allowed amount of signs and was therefore forced to move it to the ED Wiki. It turned out that the general concept was very successful and the community made heavy use of it. So I started to create a basic collection Frameset for all Modules. Unfortunately not all modules had tutorials. Most of the available Tutorials were scattered across the Internet and many of them had been collated on that particular platform. This Tutorial Collection was a great resource for all sorts of Pilots, whether they were long time community members or had just discovered DCS.

ED decided to shut down the ED Wiki due to a lack of up to date content as well as spam bots flooding the server, this meant that all this gathered information was instantly and completely lost from one second to the next. Well, they were not really lost of course, but except for the great "Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library" all the other Tutorials were scattered once again across the ED Forums and the Internet in general.

Since I´ve got my own Webserver I originally considered running my own Wiki to bring the Collection of Tutorials back to Life. On reflection, I believe this Wiki would´ve ended up like the ED Wiki. Therefore I decided to use my humble html/css knowledge and built a small website to bring the Tutorial Collection back to life only this time on a different Platform.

How does it work

To realize my idea to offer Information that can be easily navigated, we needed a logical path. By clicking on the "MODULES" navigation item on the upper menu, you´ll be directed to a page where all Modules are listed sorted by their individual branch (Fixed Wing separated in modern Aera, Vietnam and cold War etc.). Each individual Module page will direct you further to Module related information such as Tutorials, References as well as Hardware Profiles (if available). The representation of the Tutorials is further divided in Categories and Subcategories. All Information is available in form of YouTube Videos, PDF Files and Internet URLs.

It is important to mention that I wont store any material on my webserver, I am simply providing references to specific Information.

The right hand side boxes contain specific information to release notes, Release versions (linked to their individual Changelog reports posted by Eagle Dynamics on the ED Forums) and the most important YouTube Channels (linked to the individual Video libraries of each Channel) and furthermore Chucks Guides library on the ED Forums. Each Module also refers to Chucks Guides as well if available.

Can I participate?

Of course you can. If you´ve created your own Tutorial and want it to be added to the collection, just shoot me a message in the ED Forums or send me an Email. For my contact information click this link below.

ENTER THE WEBSITE

Tutorial update: 12-06-2021

# MI-24P Tutorial Page was added to the Website with Wags initial Academic Videos 

I´m running a thread within the DCS World Topics Subforums. But I´ll ask for getting it closed as this is a far better place for it to get recognized.

Edited by MemphisBelle
adjusted information about Website update
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Well, thank you.

I'm happy you like it and hope it serves you well.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Website update as of 06-06-2020, check first page

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Website update as of 12-06-2021, check first page

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

First 2 customer made Videos by Tricker and Growling Sidewinder for Mi-24P have been updated on the Website, have a look here

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

• 2 months later...

Leap motion website was linked to the Utilities and tools Category in the Navigation

User impressions: 

Edited by MemphisBelle
  • Like 1

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

hey there @[WF]-Templar

thanks for the Info. I´ve recently updated the Gazelle Section with 3 Videos of yours and will very soon update the Gazelle Tutorial Series with your Playlist. Thanks for sharing your content.

regards Memphis

Edited by MemphisBelle
  • Like 1

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

On 9/14/2021 at 12:14 AM, [WF]-Templar said:

Very welcome. The quick fix videos are straight to the point and basically reminders / walkthroughs but the actual tutorials are also there for those who want to know the what, where, when, why, what and how.

Hey there,

I´ve integrated your Series now on my website. You can either navigate to it by following the Series button in the head navigation on my website, or simply follow this link below 😆
http://www.dcs-tutorial-collection.de/contents/pages/SA342_seriescol.php#wf

you´ve got some very good Videos there. You plan to make some more?

regards Memphis

• Thanks 1

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

• 5 months later...

The DCS AH-64D Apache Section has been opened with the first Introduction Academic Videos from Wags

http://www.dcs-tutorial-collection.de/contents/pages/AH-64D_tutcol.php

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

• 3 weeks later...

for those who are interested, I´ve added a section on my Tutorial Collection with Casmo´s Videos about the Apache. The list is in a more logical order, have fun...he explains many interesting stuff. If you want to navigate from the frontpage, use the "Modules" Tab from the main menu. The Apache icon will bring you to the quick info page.

http://www.dcs-tutorial-collection.de/contents/pages/AH-64D_Casmo.php#casmo

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

• 5 months later...

I´ve stumbled over a jewel of a Tutorial Series Collection covering the Mi-8, the Author is vsTerminus on YouTube. The Videos are around 2 years old already. Too bad I haven´t found them earlier.
I can only beg you guys. If you have Tutorials that you want to share with others, please send me your resource links, and I´ll add them to my Website.

http://www.dcs-tutorial-collection.de/contents/pages/Mi-8_seriescol.php

Edited by MemphisBelle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

31 minutes ago, MemphisBelle said:

I´ve stumbled over a jewel of a Tutorial Series Collection covering the Mi-8, the Author is vsTerminus on YouTube. The Videos are around 2 years old already. Too bad I haven´t found them earlier.
I can only beg you guys. If you have Tutorials that you want to share with others, please send me your resource links, and I´ll add them to my Website.

http://www.dcs-tutorial-collection.de/contents/pages/Mi-8_seriescol.php

I've seen them, and they are great. 

Your website is great too, bookmarked! 

Thanks! 👍🏻 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MemphisBelle said:

I´ve stumbled over a jewel of a Tutorial Series Collection covering the Mi-8, the Author is vsTerminus on YouTube

Yep, each one of his videos was outstanding, I learned the Hip thanks to him 👍. There is a thread here about them:

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

22 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Yep, each one of his videos was outstanding, I learned the Hip thanks to him 👍. There is a thread here about them:

Thanks, I´ll contact him. His way to explain Stuff is outstanding

23 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

I've seen them, and they are great. 

Your website is great too, bookmarked! 

Thanks! 👍🏻 

Thanks, unfortunately I recieve very little to no feedback and almost no Tutorial suggestions, thus many Modules might lack important Tutorials as I have to look for them by my own. I can only encourage any Tutorial Author to send me your resources whether they may be as Video, pdf or other resource and I´ll add them to the respective Module page

• Like 2

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, glad you found my tutorials. I learned a lot about the module while I was making them, and over the last couple years it seems they have helped a lot of people; That's awesome.

The Tactical DCS discord has channels with resources and tutorials for every module, you might have some luck looking through there to see what kinds of content people have shared or recommended.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

F-15E Tutorial Collection has been added to the Tutorial Collection Website

http://www.dcs-tutorial-collection.de/contents/pages/F-15E_tutcol.php

EDIT: There´s been an error in the Code that prevented one to enter the F-15E Tutorial Collection, one always has landed on the F-15C page. The mistake has been fixed and it works now.

Edited by MemphisBelle
  • Like 1

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Today I did spend some time adding CasmoTV´s content to my website. Thus he got his own Section in the F-15E Tutorial Series as well as his Channel has been added to the YouTube Favourites which one can find at the top of each page.

I think that he created lots of valuable stuff and thus deserved that step, go on Casmo with your efforts, they are great.

F-15E Tutorial Series collection

• Like 1

DCS-Tutorial-Collection