Pre-Planned Threat Circles

Dispatch

They are loaded via the data cartridge IRL, but for now, that functionality will be simulated. Any AA threats that aren't hidden in the Mission Editor will show up as threat circles and any that are hidden will not. It works the same way in the Hornet. Is simulates the cartridge procedure, until we get the full implementation.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

It works the same way in the KA50 too.

Except that it is not restricted to air defense units, but instead shows all types of units.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

What about threats picked up by the RWR? Will they show on the HSD at all? I know there is no range information but an approximate position could be derived by two or more units and triangulation. I'm not familiar with the real-life setup.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

They are loaded via the data cartridge IRL, but for now, that functionality will be simulated. Any AA threats that aren't hidden in the Mission Editor will show up as threat circles and any that are hidden will not. It works the same way in the Hornet. Is simulates the cartridge procedure, until we get the full implementation.
"Hidden on planner" or "hidden" in the mission editor?

Sent from my Xiaomi MI8

"Hidden on planner" or "hidden" in the mission editor?

Hidden in the Mission Editor. Hidden on planned doesn't hide the threat circles. People requested that it works with "hidden on planner" as well, but I don't think that's implemented yet.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Except that it is not restricted to air defense units, but instead shows all types of units.

"Known air defenses are marked as shaded areas where the circle represents the system's detection range. Know(n) enemy air defenses are those set up in the mission editor as non-hidden. Enemy air defenses are marked with a blue transparency, and friendly air defense zones are marked with a red transparency." KA-50, pg. 3-114

"Terrain masking of air defense system sensors is taken into account in accordance with your helicopter's altitude. This is determined by superimposing the detection zone plane in a cross section of the terrain based on your helicopter's altitude. Sections that intersect with terrain are removed. This can be a very useful tool for terrain masking tactics.

Only detection zones for stationary air defenses are displayed. Also, because this information is not updated in real time, these zones will still be visible after the air defense unit is destroyed. KA-50, pg. 3-115

It's air defenses only.

Also stated in the Hornet section...rings are aprox only.

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]